wow getting back into the gym after 8 months really sucks.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
yeah, so i took a loong break from the gym starting in november 07 and just got back in this week :(. aaaahh it was horrible.

I went from 125 lb.s and a 23.5 inch waist to a 25 inch waist and i weigh 126 lbs. that just means i lost alot of muscle and gained some pretty fat.

my leg press went from doing 360 lbs 30 times to only doing 180 30 times. I probably could have done a little more but decided to ease into the routine for my first week back.

:( i hate feeling like a weak woman

poppydogg

poppydogg

Awards
just go forward and dont look back...muscle has memory and youll be in the zone before u know it !:hammer:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Hey, trust me, I know the feeling. I tore my tricep and was out of the gym over 6 months. I was soooooo out of shape. It's gonna be a little rough for a while. I won't lie. But you will get through it. And you will push forward. And you will be better for it. That which does not kill you only makes you stronger. Right? Well, I know it's so. You should trust me. You can do it! Keep at it, and best wishes!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
1) From what I recall, you were busting your butt to get through school right? You maned up (or womened up?) and did what ya had to for your career; so don't feel bad about that (although I know how it feels to have to sacrifice the gym and it always seems like you "could have" made time or something).

2) 190 on the leg press 30 times would blow away anything I have ever seen a women do on a leg press at my gym. "Not a strong women anymore" is debatable lol.

3) Muscle memory (from both text, and personal experience) is a hell, and I mean a hell, of thing. 360 will be back in no time (and if it takes a bit longer, just have Kwyck get his leg press up a little bit higher in the mean time to compensate :D.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome back and you'll be back to being a scrong woman in no time :)

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
One thing is you're not a newbie and muscle memory will make for faster results. I stopped lifting almost 2 months ago due to my injury and will have 12 weeks of PT after my surgery on Wednesday. I've already lost about 20 pounds. My recovery will be slow, but I can't wait until I can hit it hard once again.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great to hear you're back in the gym Mrs. G!

Muscle memory, it's a beautiful thing. :)

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
I stopped lifting almost 2 months ago due to my injury and will have 12 weeks of PT after my surgery on Wednesday. I've already lost about 20 pounds. My recovery will be slow, but I can't wait until I can hit it hard once again.
that really blows.....ouch. It'll come back though, it just sucks waiting to get to where you used to be at.

thanks for all the words or encouragement :) . I'm waiting for that muscle memory to kick in. wow, i haven't been this sore for a very long time. now im going onto week 2 ...

METALMASTER

Awards
Poppy is right. I know it sucks getting back into it
At first, but hit it hard and stay consistent and you should see a noticeable difference in about 2 months. You have a good metabolism if you haven't trained in 8 months and only gained 2in and 1lb