Would you attend an AM member meet?

Would you attend an AM summer social gathering?

• hell yeah! whenever/wherever, I'm there!

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • yes, if we focused it around an event, like a major competition, etc.

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • probably not, work/school/family issues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • no, it's just not my thing, period.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
If members were going to gather for a social event, would you go?
I'd love to get something planned for east coast U.S. members next summer. For me it wouldn't even have to be scheduled around an event, I'd love to just take over a local gym (or two) as a group, barbecue, hold friendly competitions, etc.

If after 30 days we get a lot of positive votes, I'll bother making other threads regarding details (locations, possible events to focus around, etc.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
My answer is somewhere between the Hell Yeah and Maybe if it were focused around an event....

holy

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
My answer is somewhere between the Hell Yeah and Maybe if it were focused around an event....

holy
lol vote for the event option then, if I were caught between, the event would sway my decision.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
There are some creeps around here COUGH trauma COUGH. Maybe, though.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
if focused around an event...keeps the posers away!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know those of us in florida plan to have one.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Id go if it was realistic driving distance. Plan on seeing some of you at the AC. Was still kinda new at this years, but it was a blast.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'm up for it.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're at the olympia this year, i'll be there! :D

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Arnold Classic?

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I voted for the First option. the thing about having an AM meet focused around a major event like say, the Arnold, is that no one will have a say as to when/where would be best for them, plus the vast majority of us would have to purchase long distance air fare, etc. If that's what people want then that's what they want, I just want people to think it over before voting. If we had a meet I'd want the biggest turn out possible and would want to have a time for us, as a community, and not have it turn out like 'oh, lots of us ended up seeing eachother at event X, but most of us never really hung out', etc.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, the tampa event ought to turn out ok ;) but I think thats really the way to go, try and do smaller regional ones, just for a couple hours on a saturday, something like that. trying to do a mass all board one only works if we're chartering a cruise ship or something else big like that, otherwise like you said who is going to blow airfare, hotel etc just to see a bunch of other freaks ;)

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Lets plan a Florida one for around labor day weekend. I'm coming home to see the folks, and for my sister's b-day. Hows that sound?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I could maybe do a Labor Day one depending where in FLA. My fam is in Gainesville. So I'd probably head over there.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Tampa area then?
Easy, Trauma, live in the area. I could to a day trip up from Naples.
jerry/bobo/newman, or whatever he calls himself these days in in Ft. Myers.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dave from PAL is in port charlotte area if I recall correctly. 3clipsegt is in st pete, hmm who else. Crowler from AI is in lakeland I think. a few others too

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Chuck Diesel is moving to chicago. otherwise he was in the lakeland area.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've met several people from the boards. You can do it at events and then when the show closes plan a meet place and time and hang out at night. Meeting at the show gives you a chance to see if its someone you would even want to hang out with for longer.;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dave from PAL is in port charlotte area if I recall correctly. 3clipsegt is in st pete, hmm who else. Crowler from AI is in lakeland I think. a few others too
Yeah crowler is in lakeland. Dave from PAL is in boyton beach though. PAL itself is based out of port st. lucy i believe.

3clipse is in st. pete. I think there are a few more over that way also.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
my questions is this:what do we need to do to make this reality?

Once my plane tix are confirmed, we should start sending the PM's, to get a feel for who would be in, and a good date/location around that weekend.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only problem on my end is i have to work every other weekend and holiday. I'm not sure what they will be yet, as i'm about to start a new job shortly.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
my questions is this:what do we need to do to make this reality?

Once my plane tix are confirmed, we should start sending the PM's, to get a feel for who would be in, and a good date/location around that weekend.
yeah, that's why I'm thinking something like next summer, I want plenty of time for people to ba able to make arrangements with travel, sched. time off from work, decide what to do with their kids, etc.

Then we'd have enough time to see who's definitely confirmed as attending, see if there's anything fun we can arrange as a group, etc.

Well, plus I was planning on having plety of time to be taking between 1 and 1.5 grams of test plus 'slin and HGH for at least a good 10 months before the meet so I could show off. *j/k*

maybe chartering a cruise ship wouldn't be a bad idea, at least we could gamble and there'd be a gym on board.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Should I make this an excuse to show up at the RU USF game in a Rutger's jersey? I think I should :D.

Who wants to buy me drinks if I come!??!? ahahah

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
maybe chartering a cruise ship wouldn't be a bad idea, at least we could gamble and there'd be a gym on board.
i know the corvette forums i'm a member of have done that, thats why I mentioned it :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well tons of cruise ships leave right out of good ole tampa! ;)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Let's do it. Drinks on Trauma!!! :thumbsup:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The wife and I ususally hit up a couple of cruises a year due to the great prices, as well as the convenience living in florida. It wouldn't be a bad idea.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Well tons of cruise ships leave right out of good ole tampa! ;)
I just might be thinking of becoming a Florida resident myself in the near future (Maybe in the next year or two). I love Tampa Bay, but I've always liked Orlando myself...been there a couple of times. In general, I'm a Florida fan.

However, I do see that you me have a rivalry T1...I'm a Seminole fan...go FSU baby. The Wisconsin Badgers are my number two, and well when they are not playing my beloved Seminoles...yeah I'll route for the Florida Gators too...lol. :D

Cheers Brutha Man!:cheers:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just might be thinking of becoming a Florida resident myself in the near future (Maybe in the next year or two). I love Tampa Bay, but I've always liked Orlando myself...been there a couple of times. In general, I'm a Florida fan.

However, I do see that you me have a rivalry T1...I'm a Seminole fan...go FSU baby. The Wisconsin Badgers are my number two, and well when they are not playing my beloved Seminoles...yeah I'll route for the Florida Gators too...lol. :D

Cheers Brutha Man!:cheers:
Man i hope you do move down here sean. Trust me man, tampa is definitely the place to be. Orlando is only like a 40-45min drive anyway.

Last year in the outback bowl (also in tampa :) ), i was rooting for your badgers to beat the crap out of tennessee. The wife and i frequent many gator games over the course of the season. Rivalry is good for the sport. I have to say, i like florida college football in general. Tons of great players come out of this state into the pros. :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
can you imagine what the food bill would be like for an AM meet if a significant fraction of the people coming were bulking?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
can you imagine what the food bill would be like for an AM meet if a significant fraction of the people coming were bulking?
Food is free on a cruise easy. :)

Well, there are a few places that make you pay, but the majority is all you can eat.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Man i hope you do move down here sean. Trust me man, tampa is definitely the place to be. Orlando is only like a 40-45min drive anyway.

Last year in the outback bowl (also in tampa :) ), i was rooting for your badgers to beat the crap out of tennessee. The wife and i frequent many gator games over the course of the season. Rivalry is good for the sport. I have to say, i like florida college football in general. Tons of great players come out of this state into the pros. :)
Indeed. I love college football...to be honest I get more into it sometimes more than the pros...the college atmosphere is more exhilarating. Seriously....The state of Florida owns college football...Florida Gators, Florida State Seminoles, and the Miami Hurricanes...just damn! LOL. :D.

I really am wanting to move down that way...I would say more than likely it will be a reality in the 2 year timeline for sure.

Oh BTW...since you live down there....did you ever happened to get lost while driving down there in Florida and end up in a place called "Yee-Haw" Junction? Seriously...when I was on a trip with the parents we got lost and ended up there. The funniest part of the story though...we stopped in this pantry type store saw these hats that said "Where in the Hell is Yee-Haw Junction?" and then craziest thing...my dad ends up talking to this guy who he has known for like 30 years and I was just like WTF? What are the odds ya know? I was like damn I can't take my father anywhere...lmao. :toofunny:

Cheers!:cheers:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Food is free on a cruise easy. :)

Well, there are a few places that make you pay, but the majority is all you can eat.
duh. I meant if we had a party at someones house :D I'm pondering a thanksgiving cruise for this year, just to not have to cook

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Wouldnt be a bad idea, but I def think it would be better around an actual event such as the AC.

Then, at a later date, there could be an actual planned meeting or a cruise type deal; however, most people or some do not have the scratch for a cruise ...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
duh. I meant if we had a party at someones house :D I'm pondering a thanksgiving cruise for this year, just to not have to cook
I did one over thanksgiving a few years ago to the southern carribbean. Loved it!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Indeed. I love college football...to be honest I get more into it sometimes more than the pros...the college atmosphere is more exhilarating. Seriously....The state of Florida owns college football...Florida Gators, Florida State Seminoles, and the Miami Hurricanes...just damn! LOL. :D.

I really am wanting to move down that way...I would say more than likely it will be a reality in the 2 year timeline for sure.

Oh BTW...since you live down there....did you ever happened to get lost while driving down there in Florida and end up in a place called "Yee-Haw" Junction? Seriously...when I was on a trip with the parents we got lost and ended up there. The funniest part of the story though...we stopped in this pantry type store saw these hats that said "Where in the Hell is Yee-Haw Junction?" and then craziest thing...my dad ends up talking to this guy who he has known for like 30 years and I was just like WTF? What are the odds ya know? I was like damn I can't take my father anywhere...lmao. :toofunny:

Cheers!:cheers:
Just recently when driving back from tampa to palm coast, i decided to take the back roads to see what it was like. Relying upon my GPS to guide me home......needless to say, i saw country like you wouldn't believe. Freakin' scary sh*t man lol!

I think i saw a guy running around in his backyard with a shotgun chasing an animal. hahaha.

EDIT: and yes.....florida college football rocks!

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i'd love to but i'm at the bottom of the south pacific :sad:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wouldnt be a bad idea, but I def think it would be better around an actual event such as the AC.

Then, at a later date, there could be an actual planned meeting or a cruise type deal; however, most people or some do not have the scratch for a cruise ...
You mean there are people that don't like cruises? :blink:

Well, it's too bad for them then. :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'd love to but i'm at the bottom of the south pacific :sad:
We'll swing by and pick you up b unit!

I'll commandeer the ship for a bit haha.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if only :think:

lol
I'd love to take a trip down in your neck of the woods one day. I know a few people from New Zealand at work.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
I'd love to take a trip down in your neck of the woods one day. I know a few people from New Zealand at work.
heaps of kiwi's that are nurse's and docs go to the states to work as they can get green cards quite easily

cheers

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
we should all pay/pre order shirts with our profile names on the back from the am site..... then we can pick them up at a certain event.. that would be tttiiiigggghhhhtttt!!!lol

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
we should all pay/pre order shirts with our profile names on the back from the am site..... then we can pick them up at a certain event.. that would be tttiiiigggghhhhtttt!!!lol
lol don't we have a member named RagingFvcktard? Doubt he'll ever pick his up....

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
You mean there are people that don't like cruises? :blink:

Well, it's too bad for them then. :D
I meant scratch as in pesos, green backs, dough, basically, money...