76.45%

The Dark Knight

Kicks ass!

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

WORD. I went to six flags the entire day then I hit the dark knight with a movie theather PACKED full of people. SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC K movie. the joker was the star of the movie though, i thought the movie would have sucked hardcore had it not been for the sick creepy things the joker did to freak you out.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.51%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

DC Comics FTW!!

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Great movie. Saw it today. I love the social commentary in the movie.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

i cannot wait to see it.

i have not heard 1 bad review...

im going to talk the girl into heading to the omnimax to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

It was incredible. I really like how dark it was much like the particular batman comics i enjoy!
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.51%

I just watched the first 35 min on my comp and its really good so far! The quality of the video isn't so great, but its free so i could care less.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.64%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I saw it today too- absolutely amazing. Ledger's performance was unbelievable. This was not only the best comic book movie ever, but one of the best movies I've ever seen in my opinion. I would have loved to see ledger reprise that role in the future. They pretty much have to forget about ever using joker again because noone could top his performance or his take on the character. Man, what an actor that guy was. Side note-the trailer for the Watchmen looked SICK.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  295 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

As much of a Batman fan as I am, I was surely expecting a letdown after all the pre-release hype...Absolutely none as far as Im concerned..this was a legit blockbuster...

holy
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.15%

Dark knight was awesome, but.....another joker movie? they couldnt have done an original movie? 2face was cool though.

Did anyone else think christian bale wasnt in the movie as much as the first one? This movie seemed more like 2face/joker/support cast, than batman, but i did see it at the drivein, and i was wasted enough that i dont remember the second movie hancock really at all, i love when other people drive.
  11. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Dark knight was awesome, but.....another joker movie? they couldnt have done an original movie? 2face was cool though.

Did anyone else think christian bale wasnt in the movie as much as the first one? This movie seemed more like 2face/joker/support cast, than batman, but i did see it at the drivein, and i was wasted enough that i dont remember the second movie hancock really at all, i love when other people drive.
    I think it was somewhat intentional, as to create the antecedent social climate for the next films: The interplay against complete psychopathy and complete good. As I said in the other thread, I was very surprised they decided to complete the film as planned, with Dent dying. Given the last exchange/dialogue between the Joker and Batman, it seemed as if that battle would be ongoing. Like Jarhead said, nobody could replace Ledger, and I'm sure the studio would receive some backlash if they attempted.

It will be interesting to see what they try and concoct. Very slim on plausible villains now.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

yeah i ws kinda wondering why they are re-making the 2face/joker bit again. Seems like recycling to me.

Hm. I guess I'm the only one here who hasen't seen it yet.

Even my mom has seen the movie already.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.31%

We went to see this last night. It was a pretty good movie. Super long though.
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.15%

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    As I said in the other thread, I was very surprised they decided to complete the film as planned, with Dent dying. Given the last exchange/dialogue between the Joker and Batman, it seemed as if that battle would be ongoing.
    Definitly, and they kind of leave it open ended as too what even happens to joker, like does he just go to jail? Im guessing somehow in the next one he'll have either died, or been sent to some max prison far away.
  15. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.02%

Definitly, and they kind of leave it open ended as too what even happens to joker, like does he just go to jail? Im guessing somehow in the next one he'll have either died, or been sent to some max prison far away.
    Yeah, I'm quite sure they intended to make a very iconic inner-dialogue between the Joker and Batman; and I'm also sure they had bigger plans for how their clash would ultimately climax in subsequent films.

As it stands now though, every other Batman villain is ****ing stupid to put it lightly. I can't think of a legitimate explanation for any other original comic book villain, and that's disappointing. It's even more disappointing we won't get to see 2 more films with Heath Ledger's joker. I had a feeling, given the climate they set for this film, that Batman was going to morph into a true vigilante ala the Dark Knight graphic novels - where he really doesn't give a ****, and is really BA. Oh well.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.65%

Can always wait for Punisher 2 to fill your Vigilante role
  17. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Can always wait for Punisher 2 to fill your Vigilante role
    I'll punish your Vigilante hole.

18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.65%

You sexy *****, you!
  19. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.02%

I believe in miracles..duh..where ya from? You sexy thang, you sexy thang you!
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.65%

It's sextacy!
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.6%

I saw Dark Knight last night. It was pretty good. I'm not sure I follow what the fake Batmans and Scarecrow was supposed to mean in the beginning.

The ending is kinda messed up. Someone was telling me that they had to change the ending due to Heath Ledger's death.

At any rate, it just ended with an ambiguous ending with Joker and 2-face falling off a bridge. Kinda lame.

Cute analogy Batman's theme is towards society and using the ends to justify the means.
  22. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.02%

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I saw Dark Knight last night. It was pretty good. I'm not sure I follow what the fake Batmans and Scarecrow was supposed to mean in the beginning.

The ending is kinda messed up. Someone was telling me that they had to change the ending due to Heath Ledger's death.

At any rate, it just ended with an ambiguous ending with Joker and 2-face falling off a bridge. Kinda lame.

Cute analogy Batman's theme is towards society and using the ends to justify the means.
    Huh?

The Scarecrow wasn't fake, that was the original actor. He was making a deal with organized crime featured later in the movie, and the fake Batmen were ordinary citizens. One of them says, "What's the difference between you and I?".

Joker didn't fall off a bridge either, he was hung there. They didn't change the ending in light of Ledger's death, and evidently screwed themselves for subsequent films. Batman and 2-Face fell off of the bridge.

Man, you have the attention span and memory of a ****ing parrot, haha. I'll take note to stop paying attention to your mega-insightful social commentary from now on.

23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.6%

I know the Scarecrow was the original. It was played again by Cillian Murphy.

My reference was to the fake Batman's that jumped in during the deal between Scarecrow and the Mobsters.

I think the way you read my sentence implied that both Scarecrow and the Batmans were fake, when I used the term 'fake' in conjunction with the 'Batmans', yet after the subject 'Scarecrow'.

I'm just guessing that they were some type of self-righteous vigilantes, although it wasn't that explicit.

I know also that Joker dangled upside down on the skyscraper and that Batman/2face tangled and fell off the bridge.

This is what I originally typed up, I think you interpreted it incorrectly as stated above.
  24. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.02%

My reference was to the fake Batman's that jumped in during the deal between Scarecrow and the Mobsters.

I think the way you read my sentence implied that both Scarecrow and the Batmans were fake, when I used the term 'fake' in conjunction with the 'Batmans', yet after the subject 'Scarecrow'.

I'm just guessing that they were some type of self-righteous vigilantes, although it wasn't that explicit.

I know also that Joker dangled upside down on the skyscraper and that Batman/2face tangled and fell off the bridge.

This is what I originally typed up, I think you interpreted it incorrectly.
    Ah, I see. You had everything worded quite awkwardly bruv.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.6%

It's Monday.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.14%

any advice how to talk the wife into going to see it with me???
  27. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.15%

Quote Originally Posted by motive View Post
    tell her christian bale walks around without a shirt on, I dont think he does but girls always like a shirtless man in shape. Why do you think they keep letting matthew mcconaughey make movies, it sure as hell isnt his acting.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.64%
    Achievements Posting Pro

This is what I originally typed up, I think you interpreted it incorrectly as stated above.
    The fake batmen were an idea from millers dark knight comic. Batman addresses them somewhat in the movie by saying he wanted to inspire people but not like that. In the comic, it's the same idea-people are inspired to stand up against crime but they take it too far.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.82%

Gotta bump this as I did not make myself aware of this thread. Mullet, I have the attention span and memory of a parrot bro, i've seen it twice. The Joker made this movie for me.

I'm not a Batman or DC fan, but Marvel is going to have to pull something spectacular out of their ass with Punisher 2 and X-men originsEADPOOL (I know, Wolverine but i'm a big Deadpool fanboy).
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.14%

tell her christian bale walks around without a shirt on, I dont think he does but girls always like a shirtless man in shape. Why do you think they keep letting matthew mcconaughey make movies, it sure as hell isnt his acting.
    ya... that might work, after all thats how she got me to watch good luck chuck- jessica alba in panties!
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.45%

Quote Originally Posted by motive View Post
    Shouldnt be too hard, even my girlfriend really liked it and she is not an action flick fan by any means.
  32. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.35%

Just heard on my news channel Chistian Bale is in trouble for assaulting his sister and mother...allegedly. The Police are waiting to question him until after his European Premier tonight for the Dark Knight.
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.99%

Great movie. There were really only 2 things that I didn't like:

1. Heath as the Joker. He created a great character and was a good actor, but it wasn't the joker. Jack > Heath.

2. Christian Bale's Batman voice is horrible. It got on my nerves.

Besides that, the movie was pretty much perfect. They didn't seem to leave it open for a 3rd one before the original Keaton one.
  34. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.02%

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post

1. Heath as the Joker. He created a great character and was a good actor, but it wasn't the joker. Jack > Heath.

Besides that, the movie was pretty much perfect. They didn't seem to leave it open for a 3rd one before the original Keaton one.
    Oh **** I know! A friend and I had the exact same discussion.

On the Heath note though, if you've ever read the more explicit graphic novels (Frank Miller), or the originals, Heath does play the Joker quite tight to the vest. It wasn't until the subsequent takeover of the Batman franchise by DC that the Joker turned more comical as opposed to psychopathic and maniacal. He actually followed the original character plan well, IMO.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.64%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post

Blasphemy!!!! lol I thought heath had a great take on the joker. It was more like the graphic novels version which was much edgier than we usually get.
    I agree with you on the voice. Sometimes he got it, but sometimes it was downright ridiculous. I just watched batman begins and he did the same thing in the first one.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.64%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Oh **** I know! A friend and I had the exact same discussion.

On the Heath note though, if you've ever read the more explicit graphic novels (Frank Miller), or the originals, Heath does play the Joker quite tight to the vest. It wasn't until the subsequent takeover of the Batman franchise by DC that the Joker turned more comical as opposed to psychopathic and maniacal. He actually followed the original character plan well, IMO.

Yeah, that was my take on it too. i loved it. Brings a much darker feel than a comical joker would have. I just reread the graphic novel too. I forgot how awesome it was. It would be sweet in the next one if they could bring in brandon rouths superman for an ass whoopin. That would be bad ass on screen.
  37. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.02%

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    Yeah, that was my take on it too. i loved it. Brings a much darker feel than a comical joker would have. I just reread the graphic novel too. I forgot how awesome it was. It would be sweet in the next one if they could bring in brandon rouths superman for an ass whoopin. That would be bad ass on screen.
    Apparently Frank Miller is working on several new Dark Knight novels as well.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.82%

Yeah the Batman voice was lame.
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.99%

Ah, I see. I never read comic books. I was probably out banging hotties or something stupid like that instead. Just ****ing with you
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.65%

I was bangin hotties while they held the comics for me on their backs...

Similar Forum Threads

1. white knight??
    By erkzz in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 06:26 AM
  2. dark matter/dark rage or....
    By hog928 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 08:10 AM
  3. MHP Dark Matter and/or Dark Rage
    By jdboucher in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5