The Dark Knight

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
WORD. I went to six flags the entire day then I hit the dark knight with a movie theather PACKED full of people. SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK movie. the joker was the star of the movie though, i thought the movie would have sucked hardcore had it not been for the sick creepy things the joker did to freak you out.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DC Comics FTW!!

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Great movie. Saw it today. I love the social commentary in the movie.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i cannot wait to see it.

i have not heard 1 bad review...

im going to talk the girl into heading to the omnimax to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was incredible. I really like how dark it was much like the particular batman comics i enjoy!

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
I just watched the first 35 min on my comp and its really good so far! The quality of the video isn't so great, but its free so i could care less.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I saw it today too- absolutely amazing. Ledger's performance was unbelievable. This was not only the best comic book movie ever, but one of the best movies I've ever seen in my opinion. I would have loved to see ledger reprise that role in the future. They pretty much have to forget about ever using joker again because noone could top his performance or his take on the character. Man, what an actor that guy was. Side note-the trailer for the Watchmen looked SICK.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
As much of a Batman fan as I am, I was surely expecting a letdown after all the pre-release hype...Absolutely none as far as Im concerned..this was a legit blockbuster...

holy

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Dark knight was awesome, but.....another joker movie? they couldnt have done an original movie? 2face was cool though.

Did anyone else think christian bale wasnt in the movie as much as the first one? This movie seemed more like 2face/joker/support cast, than batman, but i did see it at the drivein, and i was wasted enough that i dont remember the second movie hancock really at all, i love when other people drive.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dark knight was awesome, but.....another joker movie? they couldnt have done an original movie? 2face was cool though.

Did anyone else think christian bale wasnt in the movie as much as the first one? This movie seemed more like 2face/joker/support cast, than batman, but i did see it at the drivein, and i was wasted enough that i dont remember the second movie hancock really at all, i love when other people drive.
I think it was somewhat intentional, as to create the antecedent social climate for the next films: The interplay against complete psychopathy and complete good. As I said in the other thread, I was very surprised they decided to complete the film as planned, with Dent dying. Given the last exchange/dialogue between the Joker and Batman, it seemed as if that battle would be ongoing. Like Jarhead said, nobody could replace Ledger, and I'm sure the studio would receive some backlash if they attempted.

It will be interesting to see what they try and concoct. Very slim on plausible villains now.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
yeah i ws kinda wondering why they are re-making the 2face/joker bit again. Seems like recycling to me.

Hm. I guess I'm the only one here who hasen't seen it yet.

Even my mom has seen the movie already.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We went to see this last night. It was a pretty good movie. Super long though.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
As I said in the other thread, I was very surprised they decided to complete the film as planned, with Dent dying. Given the last exchange/dialogue between the Joker and Batman, it seemed as if that battle would be ongoing.
Definitly, and they kind of leave it open ended as too what even happens to joker, like does he just go to jail? Im guessing somehow in the next one he'll have either died, or been sent to some max prison far away.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitly, and they kind of leave it open ended as too what even happens to joker, like does he just go to jail? Im guessing somehow in the next one he'll have either died, or been sent to some max prison far away.
Yeah, I'm quite sure they intended to make a very iconic inner-dialogue between the Joker and Batman; and I'm also sure they had bigger plans for how their clash would ultimately climax in subsequent films.

As it stands now though, every other Batman villain is ****ing stupid to put it lightly. I can't think of a legitimate explanation for any other original comic book villain, and that's disappointing. It's even more disappointing we won't get to see 2 more films with Heath Ledger's joker. I had a feeling, given the climate they set for this film, that Batman was going to morph into a true vigilante ala the Dark Knight graphic novels - where he really doesn't give a ****, and is really BA. Oh well.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can always wait for Punisher 2 to fill your Vigilante role

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe in miracles..duh..where ya from? You sexy thang, you sexy thang you!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I saw Dark Knight last night. It was pretty good. I'm not sure I follow what the fake Batmans and Scarecrow was supposed to mean in the beginning.

The ending is kinda messed up. Someone was telling me that they had to change the ending due to Heath Ledger's death.

At any rate, it just ended with an ambiguous ending with Joker and 2-face falling off a bridge. Kinda lame.

Cute analogy Batman's theme is towards society and using the ends to justify the means.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw Dark Knight last night. It was pretty good. I'm not sure I follow what the fake Batmans and Scarecrow was supposed to mean in the beginning.

The ending is kinda messed up. Someone was telling me that they had to change the ending due to Heath Ledger's death.

At any rate, it just ended with an ambiguous ending with Joker and 2-face falling off a bridge. Kinda lame.

Cute analogy Batman's theme is towards society and using the ends to justify the means.
Huh?

The Scarecrow wasn't fake, that was the original actor. He was making a deal with organized crime featured later in the movie, and the fake Batmen were ordinary citizens. One of them says, "What's the difference between you and I?".

Joker didn't fall off a bridge either, he was hung there. They didn't change the ending in light of Ledger's death, and evidently screwed themselves for subsequent films. Batman and 2-Face fell off of the bridge.

Man, you have the attention span and memory of a ****ing parrot, haha. I'll take note to stop paying attention to your mega-insightful social commentary from now on.

:lol:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I know the Scarecrow was the original. It was played again by Cillian Murphy.

My reference was to the fake Batman's that jumped in during the deal between Scarecrow and the Mobsters.

I think the way you read my sentence implied that both Scarecrow and the Batmans were fake, when I used the term 'fake' in conjunction with the 'Batmans', yet after the subject 'Scarecrow'.

I'm just guessing that they were some type of self-righteous vigilantes, although it wasn't that explicit.

I know also that Joker dangled upside down on the skyscraper and that Batman/2face tangled and fell off the bridge.

This is what I originally typed up, I think you interpreted it incorrectly as stated above.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

My reference was to the fake Batman's that jumped in during the deal between Scarecrow and the Mobsters.

I think the way you read my sentence implied that both Scarecrow and the Batmans were fake, when I used the term 'fake' in conjunction with the 'Batmans', yet after the subject 'Scarecrow'.

I'm just guessing that they were some type of self-righteous vigilantes, although it wasn't that explicit.

I know also that Joker dangled upside down on the skyscraper and that Batman/2face tangled and fell off the bridge.

This is what I originally typed up, I think you interpreted it incorrectly.
Ah, I see. You had everything worded quite awkwardly bruv.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
any advice how to talk the wife into going to see it with me???

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
tell her christian bale walks around without a shirt on, I dont think he does but girls always like a shirtless man in shape. Why do you think they keep letting matthew mcconaughey make movies, it sure as hell isnt his acting.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established

This is what I originally typed up, I think you interpreted it incorrectly as stated above.
The fake batmen were an idea from millers dark knight comic. Batman addresses them somewhat in the movie by saying he wanted to inspire people but not like that. In the comic, it's the same idea-people are inspired to stand up against crime but they take it too far.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Gotta bump this as I did not make myself aware of this thread. Mullet, I have the attention span and memory of a parrot bro, i've seen it twice. The Joker made this movie for me.

I'm not a Batman or DC fan, but Marvel is going to have to pull something spectacular out of their ass with Punisher 2 and X-men origins:DEADPOOL (I know, Wolverine but i'm a big Deadpool fanboy).

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
tell her christian bale walks around without a shirt on, I dont think he does but girls always like a shirtless man in shape. Why do you think they keep letting matthew mcconaughey make movies, it sure as hell isnt his acting.
ya... that might work, after all thats how she got me to watch good luck chuck- jessica alba in panties!

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Shouldnt be too hard, even my girlfriend really liked it and she is not an action flick fan by any means.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Just heard on my news channel Chistian Bale is in trouble for assaulting his sister and mother...allegedly. The Police are waiting to question him until after his European Premier tonight for the Dark Knight.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Great movie. There were really only 2 things that I didn't like:

1. Heath as the Joker. He created a great character and was a good actor, but it wasn't the joker. Jack > Heath.

2. Christian Bale's Batman voice is horrible. It got on my nerves.

Besides that, the movie was pretty much perfect. They didn't seem to leave it open for a 3rd one before the original Keaton one.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

1. Heath as the Joker. He created a great character and was a good actor, but it wasn't the joker. Jack > Heath.

Besides that, the movie was pretty much perfect. They didn't seem to leave it open for a 3rd one before the original Keaton one.
Oh **** I know! A friend and I had the exact same discussion.

On the Heath note though, if you've ever read the more explicit graphic novels (Frank Miller), or the originals, Heath does play the Joker quite tight to the vest. It wasn't until the subsequent takeover of the Batman franchise by DC that the Joker turned more comical as opposed to psychopathic and maniacal. He actually followed the original character plan well, IMO.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established

Blasphemy!!!! lol I thought heath had a great take on the joker. It was more like the graphic novels version which was much edgier than we usually get.
I agree with you on the voice. Sometimes he got it, but sometimes it was downright ridiculous. I just watched batman begins and he did the same thing in the first one.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Oh **** I know! A friend and I had the exact same discussion.

On the Heath note though, if you've ever read the more explicit graphic novels (Frank Miller), or the originals, Heath does play the Joker quite tight to the vest. It wasn't until the subsequent takeover of the Batman franchise by DC that the Joker turned more comical as opposed to psychopathic and maniacal. He actually followed the original character plan well, IMO.

Yeah, that was my take on it too. i loved it. Brings a much darker feel than a comical joker would have. I just reread the graphic novel too. I forgot how awesome it was. It would be sweet in the next one if they could bring in brandon rouths superman for an ass whoopin. That would be bad ass on screen.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, that was my take on it too. i loved it. Brings a much darker feel than a comical joker would have. I just reread the graphic novel too. I forgot how awesome it was. It would be sweet in the next one if they could bring in brandon rouths superman for an ass whoopin. That would be bad ass on screen.
Apparently Frank Miller is working on several new Dark Knight novels as well.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Ah, I see. I never read comic books. I was probably out banging hotties or something stupid like that instead. :twisted: Just fvcking with you :stick:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was bangin hotties while they held the comics for me on their backs...

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I see a new thread has appeared in place of mine.

Anyways, the Dark Knight is sickeningly awsome.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established

Blasphemy. Health >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jack.

And Bale's voice was distorted so he didn't reveal his identity, and he sort of got into character when using it... a character within a character if you will.

Fail!

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Blasphemy. Health >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jack.

And Bale's voice was distorted so he didn't reveal his identity, and he sort of got into character when using it... a character within a character if you will.

Fail!
Of course, but it was extremely lame.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah, I see. I never read comic books. I was probably out banging hotties or something stupid like that instead. :twisted: Just fvcking with you :stick:
Haha, **** that! I was inside reading creepy comic books.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I made sure you had one to read while you held the one up for me...I'm not a complete ******* :)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I made sure you had one to read while you held the one up for me...I'm not a complete ******* :)
I will slather you in AI sauce from head to foot and make love to you to the official Soundtrack of Footloose.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LMAO!!!
I couldnt stop laughing long enough to come up with something back :)