Family Gratitude?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking recently about something. i asked myself a question. "where would i be with out my family?". in 2005 after battling with addiction for years, my family got involved, i won't go into graphic detail, but it was bad, like just this side of death bad. if they had not been there for me, i'm quite sure i would not be typing this now. come to think of it, when ever i need something they are there helping in anyway they can, and when i thank them, they simply say..."that is what family does". i crapped on them for years (and that's putting it nicely) and they are still there for me now. i take this same attitude with my daughter. so my question to you guys and gals is...."where would you be with out your family?" Gratitude is a great thing to have, it will remind you of where you've been, where your at and how you got there.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ironically, I consider my family to be one of the main things that has stagnated me over the past 5 years or so. Not just financially, but also emotionally and personally. It is a major source of discontent within me, but I fell as though I have an obligation to help out. However, there is always a point that may change that attitude.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Same place I am now, my family has never been good for me. Physical abuse, emotional torment, etc, etc. I'm not the type to whine over it or use it to justify my faults & vulnerabilities though.

Both the father I never knew and my step father are inspirations for me to always keep my integrity and truly show love to those who are worthy of it, thanks to their examples on how not to treat
a woman (bio. father) or your son (step father).
I roamed the streets and slept in abandoned buildings in san jose, CA off an on from the time I was 16-21 because it was easier on me and healthier than being at home, that's no exaggeration.
I still call my family occasionally, tell them what's going on with me, wish them well, etc. Know why? I feel better knowing that I'm doing my very best to be a good son no matter what. They cannot judge or fault me, and my integrity as a son is intact. I remain open and willing to forgive (but not forget) in the hopes that some day things will change, but it's doubtful.

I have a younger half sister I miss, because I haven't seen her in several years now, and she'll be 18 this year. As a baby, whenever the cops came looking for me or my parents roughed me up she would cry, as young girl she never, ever judged me, looked up to me for no good reason, and she's always been my friend even from afar. If it weren't for her I might not talk to my family at all period honestly. I've been with my girlfriend for a little over 3 years now, her family took me in as their own right from the start, I consider them my only real family aside from my little sis and a few cousins.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I roamed the streets and slept in abandoned buildings in san jose, CA off an on from the time I was 16-21 because it was easier on me and healthier than being at home, that's no exaggeration.
that explaines the user name..........

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
My heart honestly goes out to you guys that have horrible families...My parents were truly awesome when I was growing up, and I still consider us to be close today. Even though my sister lives in another state now, we stay in touch and she visits often....I have two boys, and I cannot imagine not being there for one of them...they are my world....

holy