How do you connect over internet with wireless?
- 07-16-2008, 07:49 PM
- 07-16-2008, 08:00 PM
1. No you don't have to have all five bars but having all of them means you have good signal strength i.e. reception. This means it should be easy for you to connect
2. Username and password should be provided in the documentation or by an administrator etc this allows you access to the network.
3. So many questions - where are you trying to connect to? Do you have the username and password? etc
To help with general understanding of how it works:
07-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Wait so if you need a username and password on the accounts that arent protected, so how then do people take other people's wireless?
07-16-2008, 09:57 PM
If its asking for a username then the wireless is encrypted....if it doesnt, then obviously its not encrypted...thats how people "steal" wireless, by using unencrypted wireless signals...
07-17-2008, 04:49 PM
07-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Im too old to be playing these games, I should be ashamed...o well at least i've never jacked any credit card accounts...uuhh, well there was that one time but shhhush now.
So are you saying your trying to connect to someone's network without them knowing? or, are you saying your at a public hot spot and trying to connect? If your at a public hotspot then just ask the clerk for the password ... If your trying to sniff it, then, maybe that's better discussed on another form ..Wait so if you need a username and password on the accounts that arent protected, so how then do people take other people's wireless?
---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
07-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Ok here is the deal, im using someone elses internet that I can connect to without a password, but once im connceted then go to internet explorer, it says you working offline, would you like to go online, so I click yes. Then some screen pops up for broadband connection thing and the point is I cant get on haha.
07-19-2008, 06:03 PM
At this point I would say you need to learn to use google or stop what you are doing and pay for teh internets!
07-19-2008, 06:16 PM
07-19-2008, 07:25 PM
07-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By justreading in forum BulkingReplies: 52Last Post: 02-12-2010, 04:11 PM
- By daveydoodle in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 12-06-2009, 05:11 PM
- By BigJack87 in forum General ChatReplies: 15Last Post: 02-13-2009, 01:50 PM
- By Cellardude in forum General ChatReplies: 34Last Post: 12-17-2007, 04:27 PM
- By bishop17 in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2007, 12:28 PM