Why you are actually tricked in those diaper commercials

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure most of you have seen the diaper commericals for whatever brand of diapers they are selling.

They usually take 2 different diapers and dump a blue liquid on the pad. One leaks, one dosen't.

The blue liquid is really water with some colored dye (to the best of my knowledge).

If you were to take the product and put urine on the pad it would leak/spill because urine is different than water with food coloring. Most likely the sodium content is the culprit.

The difference in the chemical structure makes a difference in the product, however they indirectly decieve you by making you think that the blue water is urine and will have the same effect. They don't explicitly say it as it would violate FTC regulations, so they count on you making the assumption.

This has been brought to you by ReaperX.

tattoopierced1

I'd much rather see them use chocolate pudding for those "special" situations kids always seem to have at the worst moments.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Reaper you know Titus? He is a friend of mine from way back...I havent gotten a letter from him or Kelly in a while...I really need to write them back, but its always such a depressing thing to write someone who is in prison.

holy

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Lol Reaper you need to get a hobby or a Nintendo or something.

But now I know. Uhh thanks.:)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad that was a big enough revelation in your life you felt the need to share, lol.

Did you also know that stores raise the prices on their items for sales?

:p

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So when are you planning on having kids to test this theory reaper haha. ;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When the mrs. and i finally have one hopefully within the next years time, i'll let you know though. :whip:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
holyintellect-

I did not know Craig Titus personally.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
general public-

I kept pooping and peeing in my adult diapers, and I got sick of them leaking when I was doing squats, when the commerical implied that there would be no leak.*

I did a series of scientific tests through out the past month and came to this conclusion.

*This is a joke and it is ridiculous how I actually have to put this disclaimer at the bottom because some people have no sense of humor.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
general public-

I kept pooping and peeing in my adult diapers, and I got sick of them leaking when I was doing squats, when the commerical implied that there would be no leak.*

I did a series of scientific tests through out the past month and came to this conclusion.

*This is a joke and it is ridiculous how I actually have to put this disclaimer at the bottom because some people have no sense of humor.
Well, either that or everybody already knew the fact, and thought it was a shitty joke. You take things too seriously.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I enjoy that shitty is no longer censored as well; not sure why.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
not sure why you enjoy it or why it isn't censored?

stxnas, great job.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to go as far as saying the water used in the 'blue liquid' is de-ionized water.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to go as far as saying the water used in the 'blue liquid' is de-ionized water.
I've got my eye on you, sneaky snakes!

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I doubt babies feel nearly as cheated about this as women do, considering tampons & pads use the exact same demo.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I'm sure most of you have seen the diaper commericals for whatever brand of diapers they are selling.

They usually take 2 different diapers and dump a blue liquid on the pad. One leaks, one dosen't.

The blue liquid is really water with some colored dye (to the best of my knowledge).

If you were to take the product and put urine on the pad it would leak/spill because urine is different than water with food coloring. Most likely the sodium content is the culprit.

The difference in the chemical structure makes a difference in the product, however they indirectly decieve you by making you think that the blue water is urine and will have the same effect. They don't explicitly say it as it would violate FTC regulations, so they count on you making the assumption.

This has been brought to you by ReaperX.
This is the same theory that many supplement companies use.. I think Endothil ran this ad for a while:

"Better than Steroids?"

They aren't making any direct statement, rather an indirect question. This leaves so many loopholes open so the FTC cannot come after them for it.
However... the reader comprehends this question and (since we all see what we want to see) interprets it as 'this product is better than steroids?!?!?!'

They count on you to make the assumption.....

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
This is the same theory that many supplement companies use.. I think Endothil ran this ad for a while:

"Better than Steroids?"

They aren't making any direct statement, rather an indirect question. This leaves so many loopholes open so the FTC cannot come after them for it.
However... the reader comprehends this question and (since we all see what we want to see) interprets it as 'this product is better than steroids?!?!?!'

They count on you to make the assumption.....

There's a difference between omitting/implying information and actually stating information.

Likewise, I agree. Muscle-Tech and several other companies throw around loaded graphs and percentages instead of raw numbers as a marketing angle. Like a strength increase of 1lb can be shown on a bar graph to be tiny, or big, depending on the 'y-axis' increments.

Probably the most bullsh.t one is the 3 out of 3 dentist recommend this brand of toothpaste when only 3 dentist were interviewed.

I'm not naive to it and a lot of companies in general, no matter what industry play the loaded stats game.

It's up to the consumers whether to be smart about it or not.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
My bench press went up normally 1lbs each month and now it went up 2lbs this past month.

A 200% increase.