who rides?

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
im going to take the motor class for begginers next week so i can get my bike lincense. I been reading that the Ninja 250R was a good bike to get for noobs. Since i wont get my bike tile next year in 09. Because where im at it snows 8 months out of the year. Im going to get it in the beginning of summer. any other suggestions? (im going to buy one used)

bryan4980

Awards
im going to take the motor class for beginners next week so i can get my bike license. I been reading that the Ninja 250R was a good bike to get for noobs. Since i wont get my bike tile next year in 09. Because where im at it snows 8 months out of the year. I'm going to get it in the beginning of summer. any other suggestions? (im going to buy one used)
That ninja is also good for passing the test. I got a RC-51 for my first, big mistake there. Passing the test was a ***** that and it sucks down gas, I get about 32 mpg. Best thing to do is get the 250 learn to ride that well then upgrade to like a 600. Just because you have a bigger motor doesn't mean you will be faster then someone with a smaller motor.
Ride safe

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
^^ the bike looks nice. Are sports bikes good road trips kind of bikes? or is that more for a cruiser? MY gf is learning to ride to. So its going to be awsome

bryan4980

Awards
^^ the bike looks nice. Are sports bikes good road trips kind of bikes? or is that more for a cruiser? MY gf is learning to ride to. So its going to be awsome
Long rides will get uncomfortable, you could always get your license and then rent a sport bike and go for a long ride. BTW I hear state farms rates the policies based on engine size and not by model of bike like other insurance companies. Have you priced insurance depending on where you are it can be up there.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
i have USAA who is going to be my insurance. Its a military only bank awsome rates for us military folks! :)

bryan4980

Awards
My GF rides.........

every night :dance: :hammer: :whip: ;)

Nah seriously though, I am very close to getting a bike, I don't have my license yet but my cousin has one I ride around from time to time. I just can't decide between sport or cruiser, I honestly love the look and ride of both.

I might get a Ninja to start out with, as advised, but from there I have my sights set on:

Sport - Yamaha R6
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/8/0/home.aspx

Cruiser - Yamaha Midnight Warrior
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelhome/505/0/home.aspx
I heard of some issues a few years ago with the electronic throttle control on the R1 and it sounds like that R6 uses the same throttle control. I hope they have that fixed as I sure as hell wouldn't want to lose throttle control in a corner.

bryan4980

Awards
i have USAA who is going to be my insurance. Its a military only bank awesome rates for us military folks! :)
I have heard those can be really good deals, to give you a comparison I have full coverage through state farm I am 28 no accidents perfect record and I pay about 60/month for a 2000 Honda RC-51

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
My GF rides.........

every night :dance: :hammer: :whip: ;)

Nah seriously though, I am very close to getting a bike, I don't have my license yet but my cousin has one I ride around from time to time. I just can't decide between sport or cruiser, I honestly love the look and ride of both.

I might get a Ninja to start out with, as advised, but from there I have my sights set on:

Sport - Yamaha R6
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/8/0/home.aspx

Cruiser - Yamaha Midnight Warrior
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelhome/505/0/home.aspx

Warriors are great bikes, very fast. I have 3 friends that have them. Just be warned that you will burn through tires. They use a soft sport bike tire and are not great for road trips.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I have heard those can be really good deals, to give you a comparison I have full coverage through state farm I am 28 no accidents perfect record and I pay about 60/month for a 2000 Honda RC-51

Check out bike-line.com

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Get a suzuki SV650S

Killer learning bike but still a blast to ride, you may end up keeping it a while.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
the reason im asking for like a road trip bike is i currently live in montana and next year since i have fam in LA im going to get a bike in LA for a good price hopefully. And then me and my gf ride our bikes to Las vegas, stay there for a week or 2 as a vacation. Then ride them back up to montana. So i was asking if its good for that or not. Im going to plan the trip around september :) you know. ill be like hey since mr. olympia is going one we can go see it. and trick her! lol muahahahahaha

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
The ER-6F is a decent beginner bike with reasonable power but really, if you're willing to take your time, can use restraint and learn to ride the bike go for anything you take a fancy to and can afford. The folk that think their bike is too fast for them are just riders that don't know how to ride for the conditions (which doesn't necessarily mean stick to the speed limit or go slow).

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
the reason im asking for like a road trip bike is i currently live in montana and next year since i have fam in LA im going to get a bike in LA for a good price hopefully. And then me and my gf ride our bikes to Las vegas, stay there for a week or 2 as a vacation. Then ride them back up to montana. So i was asking if its good for that or not. Im going to plan the trip around september :) you know. ill be like hey since mr. olympia is going one we can go see it. and trick her! lol muahahahahaha

Sport bikes aren't terribly comfortable for road trips. They are pretty hard on your elbows and back after a few miles.

I've done many long (7700 mile) and short (2500 mile) road trips on my cruiser and it will still cause some aches and pains, no matter how 'set up' your bike is to do them.

I would not recommend a Ninja 250 for any sort of 'road trip'. Good learner bike, commuter, around town scooter, but it just won't have what you need for the long haul.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had myself a mean 'Big Wheels' back in the day. :)

In all honesty though, working trauma for many years deterred my interest in buying a bike big time.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
Sport bikes aren't terribly comfortable for road trips. They are pretty hard on your elbows and back after a few miles.

I've done many long (7700 mile) and short (2500 mile) road trips on my cruiser and it will still cause some aches and pains, no matter how 'set up' your bike is to do them.

I would not recommend a Ninja 250 for any sort of 'road trip'. Good learner bike, commuter, around town scooter, but it just won't have what you need for the long haul.
so your saying basically no to a long trip like that with a sports bike then right? o well ill just buy the bike in vegas! lol

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
so your saying basically no to a long trip like that with a sports bike then right? o well ill just buy the bike in vegas! lol

Not saying they can't be done, just that they aren't really geared for it. Sport Tourer's like the Yamah FJR, Honda ST's or VFR's, most BMW's etc. are set up for 'road trips', but your typical crotch rocket is not.

dustinhxc

dustinhxc

Awards
  • Established
hell yeah i got my bike permit i want a harley sportster. my dad has a harley sturgis. they are rare but i just want a cheaper one thats loud haha.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Not saying they can't be done, just that they aren't really geared for it. Sport Tourer's like the Yamah FJR, Honda ST's or VFR's, most BMW's etc. are set up for 'road trips', but your typical crotch rocket is not.
Reminds me of the bloke who did an around the world style trip on a first generation YZF-R1. Totally bonkers but the bike didn't miss a beat apparently. Agreed on the bike style, it has to be tourer orientated.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Reminds me of the bloke who did an around the world style trip on a first generation YZF-R1. Totally bonkers but the bike didn't miss a beat apparently. Agreed on the bike style, it has to be tourer orientated.

I've met Dr. Greg Frazier. He's gone around the world 7 times now. He's kind of a nutty guy. Very interesting story teller though. He's a big fan of the KLR 650, esp. when you get outside of the US.

I am planning a trip to Alaska sometime in the near future, debating on the bike to do it with.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i own 4 bikes, 3 hardtails and one that's about to get chopped when i find the time.

here's a pic of my '79 cb650, it's an old photo and has been polished and blinged up a bit since i took the pic.

Attachments

dustinhxc

dustinhxc

Awards
  • Established
i own 4 bikes, 3 hardtails and one that's about to get chopped when i find the time.

here's a pic of my '79 cb650, it's an old photo and has been polished and blinged up a bit since i took the pic.
that bike is sick man! :clap2:

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
that bike is sick man! :clap2:
^^x2!! I have a '99 Honda CBR 600 F4/F4i. I converted the front fairing to that of an F4i because I liked the way it looks much better :) Have a jet kit, k&n filter, and Yoshimura pipe and I can keep up with r1's and the like in the canyons quite nicely. for your first bike, i'd get a 600. you'll buy a 250, have fun for a few months, learn to ride quickly, and it'll get boring because it will be slow. 600's are quick, light, you can literally throw em around corners, great on gas, etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 11
AdelV Supplements 6
Supplements 3
Young Gotti Supplement Logs 22
KenTheEagle Anabolics 2