how long is a protein shake good for?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
so i am entering police academy. i get a 10 minute break every hour, but i am only allowed to drink water in the classroom. saturday class is 0800-1700. now i know i get a lunch break, but if i would like some extra calories during my break, can i blend a weight gainer shake at 0700 and have it last throughout the day, or does the protein eventually become denatured like creatine does? obviously i won't have access to a blender while i'm in class. i guess i can protein bar it, but they're more expensive, and class is going to set me back a bit.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
boo. i bet if i said i was in med school from 0800-1700 i would have gotten an answer...

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol. Your protein won't get denatured over time. The only thing I would worry about is spoilage of dairy. As long as you keep your shake cool, I see no problem. Go for a slow protein if possible, like casein/egg/milk.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
k - thats what i was hoping for. i was pretty sure protein wouldn't get denatured within 24 hours, but i've never heard anything about it. are you pretty sure about this or just guessing? i'm trying to put together a 2000 calorie shake with 150g of protein to last me throughout the day.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Pick up some of the Pro M3 Shake n Go's from ISS...they come with the protein inside, and all you have to do is add the water...shake it up and you're good to go...they are great to have in your glove box, gym bag, etc because they dont go bad...basically its just protein powder in a water bottle...

holy

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
alright. i will give anything a shot - i'm just worried about loosing weight with the limited breaks we seem to have. 181 is a hard weight for my sorry frame to hold on to.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Go with micellar casien, the slowest digesting protein. Amino acid concetration in blood plasma peaks at around 4-5 hours after digest and is present for like 7-8 hours.

MRP's come in powder form. Checkout ZERO Impact MRP. It's the best profile I've ever seen in an MRP and seriously competes with whole foods. And gram cracker flavor is retardedly good. It has micellar casien also, as well as egg protein and growth factor whey isolates.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey man,

I make up the following for my mid - morning/mid arvo meals at work:

1 cup of oatmeal
1 lrg banana
1 handfull of blueberries
6 whole eggs
1 scoop whey
spirulina powder
glutamine
200ml cream (optional)

...blended and put in a thermos.

I can assure you, you will not loose any weight consuming this.

Cheers mate,

JKP

Last edited:
suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thanks again guys. yeah, the problem is i'm not allowed to drink anything other than water in class, though i do get breaks, and there is no fridge i have seen as of yet. i think i'll have to load up first, and try mixing one thats easily mixable during a break. i'm so bent. what really bothers me is that if i was still my lame 135 lbs they wouldn't hire me anyways, now i've got to work extra hard to maintain my weight. frustrating.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks again guys. yeah, the problem is i'm not allowed to drink anything other than water in class, though i do get breaks, and there is no fridge i have seen as of yet. i think i'll have to load up first, and try mixing one thats easily mixable during a break. i'm so bent. what really bothers me is that if i was still my lame 135 lbs they wouldn't hire me anyways, now i've got to work extra hard to maintain my weight. frustrating.
only water? sorry to hear that mate.