any old diablo II players?

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Diablo III was recently announced and I've got the itch to play D2 again til it comes out. EDIT: SilentBob187 helped me out, thanks. :)

Last edited:
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was a HUGE diablo fan back in the day. Talk to trip, he's currently hooked back on it himself(D2).

I just think i'm going to have issues trying to run it on windows vista. It truly is a remarkable comp game! :D

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I played the crap out of it backc in the day, until it got so repetitive it bored my brains out. You could level a character to max in 3-4 days by having a friend run you.....

Still I think 3 will be wicked awsome. Sry dont know the key anymore though:sad:

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I was a HUGE diablo fan back in the day. Talk to trip, he's currently hooked back on it himself(D2).

I just think i'm going to have issues trying to run it on windows vista. It truly is a remarkable comp game! :D
lol well if he's hooked on it, he won't wanna give up his keys, unless he just does single player. I'm psyched for D3, they've waited long enough. Much of the original programming team for it (most of the former Blizzard north division) made a game called Hellgate: london. I bought a lifetime subscription for it, for like, $250 I think it was, and I ended up hating the game. Mostly because they released it at a time where it hardly worked and caused huge memory leaks in your system.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I'm a Neverwinter Nights fan, though I've never played Diablo. RP or die.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol well if he's hooked on it, he won't wanna give up his keys, unless he just does single player. I'm psyched for D3, they've waited long enough. Much of the original programming team for it (most of the former Blizzard north division) made a game called Hellgate: london. I bought a lifetime subscription for it, for like, $250 I think it was, and I ended up hating the game. Mostly because they released it at a time where it hardly worked and caused huge memory leaks in your system.

He's only recently started playing it online. I'm all about the online aspect of gaming myself. :)

Have you ever tried to run it on windows vista though? I've read some people have had major issues with running it on vista.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
He's only recently started playing it online. I'm all about the online aspect of gaming myself. :)

Have you ever tried to run it on windows vista though? I've read some people have had major issues with running it on vista.
Nope, I'm on XP until like next year. Well, unless I update my CompTIA A+ cert, I'd have to learn Vista from a tech's point of view, and if I bothered to do that I'd bother to learn it well enough to get a MCP certificate for it too. I might be doing all that very soon, as I have no job, lol

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I'm a Neverwinter Nights fan, though I've never played Diablo. RP or die.
I liked the icewind dale trilogy and baldur's gate games back in the day, good times for single player RP.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I used to play Diablo till the sun came up. Then I got kinda bored with it. Never really liked Diablo II all that much.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
pmd i have a key
If you have keys for both D2 and the LOD expansion, I'll send you $15 via paypal, as soon as I have no preoblems setting up a battlenet account with them for online play. I sent a pm along these lines but figured I'd mention it publicly too just to help show I'll keep my word, etc.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I liked the icewind dale trilogy and baldur's gate games back in the day, good times for single player RP.
Haha, Baldur's Gate. If you fell asleep in the Forest the supposed "lawful good" clan of the Flaming Fist would wake you up with a swift assbeating. By far the best part of that game.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
baldurs gate was pimp, though I played it or the ps2. Diablo 3 will be a very addictive game though.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
baldurs gate for the pc and the ps2 were 2 completely different games lol. I played all of em and NWN 1 and 2 and all of their expansions. As far as diablo goes... I've read all of the books... played all the games... and still play d2!! lol. I play on the east server... whisper me at tmk5051 -my account name. Such a great game and I have been waiting 8 years for d3 and it's finally coming!!! Im stoked... and a nerd... lol

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
baldurs gate was pimp, though I played it or the ps2. Diablo 3 will be a very addictive game though.
baldurs gate for the pc and the ps2 were 2 completely different games lol...
yeah, the only reason the Dark Alliance Ps2 games were made under the Baldur's Gate name is because Baldur's Gate was the only
Dungeons & Dragons related license Interplay had the rights to use at the time, calling them part of the baldur's gate series was just a loophole allowing them to milk D&D for some cash.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
lol definitely. Two completely different gameplay styles

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
lol oh.. .counterstrike... I was playing it last night! I got bored of d2 for a while and went to that! lol

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I've been addicted to Counter-Strike since my freshman year in the dorms. A bunch of guys on my floor got me started on it.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
yeah same here... thursday night LAN night is a great time...

Crackhouse is my favorite map... so if you get sniped by a guy named Banana_Hammock you know you got ya!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to keep that in mind. LOL.

I enjoyed fy_iceworld.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I never liked the ice world... too much like a Deathmatch.. but oh well. Ill stay with Crackhouse dust2 and the office!