1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Not A New Rant, But Still, I'm Gonna Rant

So I stopped at IHOP last night because I didn't feel like grilling or cooking or anything. I wanted to get to sipping some wine and shooting some mortars.

So, I ordered the tilapia with red potatoes and corn. HA! what i got was tilapia dripping with oil covered in a butter/flour sauce. corn overcooked and buttered to no end. and potatoes that were just french fries but cube-shaped, y'know, to give the dumbies the impression they were eating potatoes and not fries. i scraped the fish, ate it, and left the rest.

i politely paid my bill, left a good tip and left. i'm proud of myself for that. i don't like making waitresses/waiters days harder than they already are. i just went home and made some mixed veggies and chix breast to finish off my meal. I HATE EATING OUTSIDE THE HOUSE. ****.

2. I know nothing...
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

What state are you? I love Ihope here in Portland, but every time I go to south-eastern states, they put so much fat and oil in everything they cook it's crazy.
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.72%

why would you get that at IHOP anyway.
    **** it when i go i get French toast, pancakes, whatever breakfast im looking for.
    I never used Pslin or Anabolic Pump pre IHOP, but im thinking i may sometime soon...

Also, so after all that you still wen home and cooked? haha oh man....
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    why would you get that at IHOP anyway.
    yeah man, kind of a weird choice of restaraunts to choose the tilapia, heh, you could have just ordered some poached eggs & toast from a place that knows how to do breakfast and called it a reasonably clean meal, if nutrition was a major concern. Was the tilapia listed in a health conscious section of the menu or anything?
  5. I know nothing...
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer View Post
    yeah man, kind of a weird choice of restaraunts to choose the tilapia, heh, you could have just ordered some poached eggs & toast from a place that knows how to do breakfast and called it a reasonably clean meal, if nutrition was a major concern. Was the tilapia listed in a health conscious section of the menu or anything?
    LOL health conscious section at IHope?
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.72%

Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI View Post
    LOL health conscious section at IHope?

Highly recomend this guy, Jim gaffigan, i DLed his stand up special, this one he was in chicago. Its called "Beyond the Pale" OR they mught have it all on outbe in section/ "parts"
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

well, short story long, i was with my lady in little rock and she wanted some pancakes (a 'fargo' moment) and i stopped for some. i was hungry so i ate me the tilapia meal. but when i got my food there that time, it was GOOD. the tilapia wasn't greasy. they put that shlt sauce on the side. i had mixed vegetables with no butter and the potatoes were not fried. it was a solid meal.

but this one was terrible. must have had 40g worth of bad fat in it if i had to guess. and the food was all cooked to hell.

just goes to show, you can't trust one place from another though they're 'the same.'

but i have no regrets. each thing in life is a lesson, and we repeat each lesson til' it's learned. i learned this one.
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.72%

would have been more funny if you got the fish again and it turned out like crap again....haha

Either way it was taking a chance to get the same things again....i wouldnt have.

Similar Forum Threads

1. RANT!
    By nosnmiveins in forum General Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 05:19 AM
  2. Gym RANT
    By planetfuzz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 09:51 PM
  3. Just A Rant
    By Cuffs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31