True or False: You can grow plants on Mars?

1. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

True or False: You can grow plants on Mars?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

True, but I believe there are difficulties such as the lack of a magneticsphere on the planet, and the minimal (if any) atmosphere. Lighter elements simply float away from planet. There are so many ideas regarding terraforming and bringing Mars back to life, but with the core of the planetbeing dead, and this being an issue that the pro-terraformers don't address, I have troubling believing that it can be done.

Now, if we were to get Arnold and that dude with the little dude growing on his chest up there, we'd have water, air, atmosphere on Mars in...5 minutes.

GO TO MARS! Recall!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.87%

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    True, but I believe there are difficulties such as the lack of a magneticsphere on the planet, and the minimal (if any) atmosphere. Lighter elements simply float away from planet. There are so many ideas regarding terraforming and bringing Mars back to life, but with the core of the planetbeing dead, and this being an issue that the pro-terraformers don't address, I have troubling believing that it can be done.

Now, if we were to get Arnold and that dude with the little dude growing on his chest up there, we'd have water, air, atmosphere on Mars in...5 minutes.

GO TO MARS! Recall!

Look pal, it's true! All those newfangled difficulties are hodge-podge. You're not going to piss in my space cherrios!

I'm a cop you idiot!!!!
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.54%

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Look pal, it's true! All those newfangled difficulties are hodge-podge. You're not going to piss in my space cherrios!

I'm a cop you idiot!!!!

Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.55%

it looks like the boy is right. a guy from nasa was talking the other day ( cspan something) and he said that if they were to go plant any sort of crop in this one area of the soil of mars.. it would not grow.. but take over. The only issue he said was that the temp is so back and forth.. they would have to modify the plant to withstand the heat and cold...

does anyone have the feeling that all the apparent things we are doing to our atmosphere is really just a test to see if we can actually begin to modify the atmosphere on mars one day?
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.23%

How long before a company on here comes out with:
    Try Product X - a blend of herbs cultivated on Mars for out of this world results. So powerful that it makes cell tech look like a multi-vitamin! Twice as effective as the Strap.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.67%

True.

Eukaryote's use aerobic respiration that requires glucose, amino acids, fatty acids, and an oxidizing agent such as Oxygen. The chemical's released in this process is converted to ATP which is used for processes that require energy.

The Earth and Mars are the only planets with ice caps. They are made of frozen CO2 and HO2. Mars receives sunlight as well. Its environment allows plants to get all they require for life.

And, yeah, the temperatures are always extremely one-sided, so plants won't survive for long.

Amazingly, this further proves that if the planet Earth was in orbit a couple miles closer or farther from the sun, life would not exist because life would experience harsher extremes in weather conditions just like Mars.

Good stuff Squeaks4evr!
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.54%

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    How long before a company on here comes out with:
    Try Product X - a blend of herbs cultivated on Mars for out of this world results. So powerful that it makes cell tech look like a multi-vitamin! Twice as effective as the Strap.
    How can you multiply infinity by any number? "The Strap is simply the most powerful performance enhancement innovation in the history of mankind!"

I rest my case. However, Martian Ginseng would sell like hotcakes.
    WHITE WHALE!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 07:22 AM
  2. Testosterone made from plants?
    By NewAtThis10 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 07:01 PM
  3. Sick Band: 30 Seconds to Mars
    By CryingEmo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 09:00 PM