Had a 18 y.o. kid come into today...

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
....to GNC and asked for Human Growth Hormone....I'm not kidding.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
what does an 18 year old want to do with HGH, he has plenty of raging hormones already in his testes at that age. No need for HGH for growth.... he makes plent of it naturally, he is a kid, plues his test.

Then to ask for it at GNC.... lol.

Did you talk to him any, because its obvius he doesnt have a clue....

FcuktheFDA

Banned
Awards
Please tell me you slapped him and threw him out.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
so did you sell him a multi vitamin?

lol. You sholuda took some smarties, took em outa the rapper, put em in a plain white bottle and label with with a black sharpie HGH, INSTANT MUSCLE!!!! and told him it was under the counter stuff you werent supposed to sell and rack some money off em......

Nah That would be wrong, dont do that....just a fun though though lol.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Dude I work at GNC as well and I get that all the time. People ask the dumbest ****. Yesterday somebody asked me if I could get the "testosterone" out of the back room that "you have to ask for". I laughed in his face. One perk of the job is making stupid people feel stupid.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
I trust GNC...

Not really.

You may not trust GNC but the main reason I started working there is 1. the discount and 2. i got sick of people being sold bogus items and being told they do things they don't or being sold things they don't need.

However, I just laughed at him, asked him how old he was and told him he shouldn't touch anything that is going to tamper with his natural hormone production. He then tried to tell me he had takin d-bol...which u could see he barely ate enough let alone taken any type of steroid compound.

No I didn't sk him to buy a multi :) It was closing time and I had to do a lot of paperwork.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I walked into a Hi-Health a while ago(which is very similar to GNC), and the girl working there tried to sell me a capped amino acid product that "is pretty much like growth hormone". :rolleyes:

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
That's the **** I cant stand yanno? Just be honest and tell the customer what the product is meant for, success rate, side effects, etc. don;t make **** up

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
They should have scammed him for being that stupid LOL. That's the type of person who wins a Darwin award for taking the toaster to the bath tub.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I walked into a Hi-Health a while ago(which is very similar to GNC), and the girl working there tried to sell me a capped amino acid product that "is pretty much like growth hormone". :rolleyes:

:toofunny: You shoulda used the rest room in her car and told her it was air freshener

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
wow...
my gnc is manned by fat people....
The only reason I go there is to grab an RTD if im hungry at the mall.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude I work at GNC as well and I get that all the time. People ask the dumbest ****. Yesterday somebody asked me if I could get the "testosterone" out of the back room that "you have to ask for". I laughed in his face. One perk of the job is making stupid people feel stupid.
AH, the good ol days of working retail.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
we all know thats where you keep your testosterone... secrets out... just bring it to the front already geez. I feel so awkward when I need to boost my test and I have to ask for it....
/sarcasm

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
You may not trust GNC but the main reason I started working there is 1. the discount and 2. i got sick of people being sold bogus items and being told they do things they don't or being sold things they don't need.

However, I just laughed at him, asked him how old he was and told him he shouldn't touch anything that is going to tamper with his natural hormone production. He then tried to tell me he had takin d-bol...which u could see he barely ate enough let alone taken any type of steroid compound.

No I didn't sk him to buy a multi :) It was closing time and I had to do a lot of paperwork.

ahhh the dreaded paper work, i hate closing and having to write all that **** down, i got it down to a science now, im usally 7-8 minutes after closing, so i get like a half hour of work fo FREE

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
ahhh the dreaded paper work, i hate closing and having to write all that **** down, i got it down to a science now, im usally 7-8 minutes after closing, so i get like a half hour of work fo FREE

haha I know right? I do my counts and everything like an hour before then hope no one comes in...and usually don't lol. haha yea we keep the test in the back which is actually behind the d-bol...yeah about that...not really

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Don't be too hard on the kid, he had probably just read about the new Muscletech product guaranteed to increase growth hormone one gazillion percent available at his local GNC retailer.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
That's nothing.

About 2 years ago, my girl (at the time) told me that her best friend/coworker told her that eversince her boyfriend bought steroids from GNC, he was not able to "get it up".:blink: My girl told me that she explained to her that he didn't buy the real stuff. The coworker argued and said that she thinks it was real so finally my girl replied, "One, it's illegal to sell and two, my guy used to use it and he got it up all the time because it kept him horny. Trust me, I would know."

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
I did something noble today. I actually told the kid who was buying nanoapor NOT to purchase it andtry another preowkrout. I told him how much money i made off it and why he should purchase something else. He ended up purchasing MRI Blackpowder. I did my good deed for the day lol

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I did something noble today. I actually told the kid who was buying nanoapor NOT to purchase it andtry another preowkrout. I told him how much money i made off it and why he should purchase something else. He ended up purchasing MRI Blackpowder. I did my good deed for the day lol

did you tell him to do more research on things too?

good job,you saved a kid from MT. That is a true good deed

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
Yeah unlike the sterotype of people who work at GNC I actually ask my customers questions about lifestyle, research done, goals, diet, etc. I asked him if he knew what L-argine was....he had no clue. I told him he really needed to do some basic research about products.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Yeah unlike the sterotype of people who work at GNC I actually ask my customers questions about lifestyle, research done, goals, diet, etc. I asked him if he knew what L-argine was....he had no clue. I told him he really needed to do some basic research about products.
Good deal. You must be one of the secret 5 truthful GNC employee's who seek to help the customer not milk them for everything they have.... be careful the corp is watching..

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
lol I hope they are my sales numbers are awesome me and buddy alone are 5th in our region for sales by actually helping customers.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Good deal. You must be one of the secret 5 truthful GNC employee's who seek to help the customer not milk them for everything they have.... be careful the corp is watching..
I'm a milker. Muscletech is putting my kids through college.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That's nothing.

About 2 years ago, my girl (at the time) told me that her best friend/coworker told her that eversince her boyfriend bought steroids from GNC, he was not able to "get it up".:blink: My girl told me that she explained to her that he didn't buy the real stuff. The coworker argued and said that she thinks it was real so finally my girl replied, "One, it's illegal to sell and two, my guy used to use it and he got it up all the time because it kept him horny. Trust me, I would know."
ROFLMAO ! That's a great promo for the real deal.

tranceaddict

Awards
yeh - i love when that happens

just pretend to beleive them and as if ur going to buy it then walk out the store

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
i work at GNC as well
at night, when no one comes in, i race my time to try and get out fast 7 mins is my normal... (get most of the paperwork done right before close)
saturday closing sucks.. end of week reports take forever

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I like pretending I know nothing and listening to them talk at me for a few minutes. Then get what I need and walk out. Sometimes I dont get anything but an RTD. Now I know why they always steer me towards the MT products!!! They are making money off of it. lol. Besides RTD's I think I may have bought 2 things from GNC.... Melatonin for like 4 bucks and... maybe some vitamins...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahahahah, GNC, you would have to pay me to shop there. I've been there a few times for single bars, but haven't gone in one in at least 5 years.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I like going in to look at stuff. It gives me ideas for what to look for on NP. lol

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like pretending I know nothing and listening to them talk at me for a few minutes. Then get what I need and walk out. Sometimes I dont get anything but an RTD. Now I know why they always steer me towards the MT products!!! They are making money off of it. lol. Besides RTD's I think I may have bought 2 things from GNC.... Melatonin for like 4 bucks and... maybe some vitamins...

Yeah you go in and pretend to know nothing. Tell them your goals and let them get you about $600 worth of stuff. When you are at the counter and he rings you say,"I forgot my wallet, let me go get it in the car.". Then just walk out get in your car and drive off!!!!. Hahahaha!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
lol. Actually... I listen to what they have to say and then they ask how much I want and of what... I tell them I want a bottle of vitamins and a Muscle Milk RTD. They don't understand that not everyone needs a lifetime supply of whey and MT products. They tried to sell me Nitrotech as a simple whey protein... I asked why it was so much and they said because it was a quality product......

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
did you tell him to do more research on things too?

good job,you saved a kid from MT. That is a true good deed
Whats all the beef with MT? Good marketing?

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
Whats all the beef with MT? Good marketing?

the mark-up on MT is insane
for example their leukic can go for anywhere above 55 bucks
and you can get BCAA powder (with valine and isoleucine) for half the price... get more for less
they have good marketing, and i like their nanovapor except for night time work outs or i wont be able to sleep... but that is too expensive even with my employee discount

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
vapor is the only thing that remotely works. And it is too expenisve like you said, and only worked every once in awhile. I fell for MT once.... NEVA AGAN, VIVA LA FREEDOM FROM MT!!!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
vapor is the only thing that remotely works. And it is too expenisve like you said, and only worked every once in awhile. I fell for MT once.... NEVA AGAN, VIVA LA FREEDOM FROM MT!!!
Yet you have Kre-Alkalyn in your signature, which has virtually no scientific support backing it...?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Yet you have Kre-Alkalyn in your signature, which has virtually no scientific support backing it...?
I will say kre alkyline hasnt made me feel much. I actually dont take it no more, I need to update my sig. I am actually supp free at the momeny(save for multi and protien)

I came, I tried, I have an opinion of now. I had it so i figured I would use it. My opinion.... I am getting neovar next time :twisted:

BTW im christian, worldly science doesnt back half the the things I see as true. Science is an aid, not a guideline to me :)

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I'm just giving you a hard time bro...I too fell for the Kre-Alkalyn gimmick. Its all about Mono from here on out!

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
Vapor is terrible! Along with all their "insuldrive" or whatever that jacks ur insulin levels thriough the roof. I think all their stuff is garbage and I shy my customers away from it even though I do make pm's on it. The thing is, usually no matter what u tell em, they are die-hard msucletech people and will not purchase anything else.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Vapor is terrible! Along with all their "insuldrive" or whatever that jacks ur insulin levels thriough the roof. I think all their stuff is garbage and I shy my customers away from it even though I do make pm's on it. The thing is, usually no matter what u tell em, they are die-hard msucletech people and will not purchase anything else.
Next time sit a big jug of coolade on the counter beside the vapor. When they asked whats that for, you can simply say"oh you get your choice of which one you want, they are both almost the same, except this one makes you twitch a lil"

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
Next time sit a big jug of coolade on the counter beside the vapor. When they asked whats that for, you can simply say"oh you get your choice of which one you want, they are both almost the same, except this one makes you twitch a lil"
hahahaha I might use that...

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
i need to get out of this independent GNC man... i beat the owner in sales every week and i work less hours and still no PMs... i need to find a corporate store, my owner does me dirty sometimes
but i still like the vapor... i got it for free .99 so that might make me like it more than your avg

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
ive been takin the kre-alk caps from bio-rhythm for 3 weeks... not much change.. maybe its just me but i get better pumps from kre-alk powders than regular pre-wo drinks

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I worked out yesterday with no supps period. first time in ahwile since I took a week off lifting. I had the best pumps I have had in a long time...and didnt take a thing lol.

Oddly enough I did Bi/Back......but my quads and legs later during softball felt like I smashed them in a workout(didnt use em at all!) and when I woke up today same thing, my quad sand legs feel totaled....So confusing..