Anyone here rent games through GameFly?

FcuktheFDA

Banned
Awards
If so, then how's your experience been?

Definitely in the mood to rent and play some games.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I think my brother has. I'll hit him up on Facebook and axe him about it.

FcuktheFDA

Banned
Awards
I'd appreciate that, man. I'm thinking about getting that, or maybe the Game Pass through Blockbuster. I need my fix before I trade in my PS2 and the games for a PS3.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
what? you want your last fix os PS2 before you get 3? Fukc that. Go get the PS3 NOW! Im looking into PS3 or 360

FcuktheFDA

Banned
Awards
The PS3 is much more dominant and having more success than the 360, which is why I've chosen to go with it. The graphics, especially the built-in blu-ray capability, just stuns me.

I'm waiting for more money to roll in before I get the PS3. I'm trading in my PS2 and all of my games for credit, then using the cash to make up for the difference. I'm getting very eager to play the new GTA.

what? you want your last fix os PS2 before you get 3? Fukc that. Go get the PS3 NOW! Im looking into PS3 or 360

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
The PS3 is much more dominant and having more success than the 360, which is why I've chosen to go with it. The graphics, especially the built-in blu-ray capability, just stuns me.

I'm waiting for more money to roll in before I get the PS3. I'm trading in my PS2 and all of my games for credit, then using the cash to make up for the difference. I'm getting very eager to play the new GTA.
I wouldn't bank on the PS3 being more dominant. The blu ray player is an added bonus, and it is capable of DTS HD MA which is outstanding. It has to internally decode it but, eh.

Check out www.highdefdigest.com before making any decisions. 360 has a lot of good games and a lot more coming.

Trust me, don't be biased and a fanboy, just got the 360 and PS3.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

PS3 struggles to kee up wit hthe 360.... Microsoft will probably rule the world one day...

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established

LMAO!! its not even close to a 360. The only game that PS3 has that 360 doesnt that would actually want me to buy a PS3 its MGS4. THATS IT! 360 has the games and the support. I know for a fact that 360 already sold over 10 million units. The Wii was close with like 7 million and PS3 has like 4-5 million. I believe those are the figures.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
If so, then how's your experience been?

Definitely in the mood to rent and play some games.
I had a friend who rented through game fly and he said its like netflix. You make a list of games you want to rent and they send like 2 games at a time i believe. And when you send one back, they send you the next game thats on your list. its a good idea who ever thought of it.

roryrock

roryrock

Awards
I've rented a fair amount from other places, like blockbuster, and have bought games as well, but have to say, just a couple months of gamefly and I'd have a hard time going back to buying or renting from anyone anyone else.

Seemed weird at first not to drive down and checking out the game before buying / renting but blockbuster's selection wasn't cutting it and buying is too expensive.

It's been pretty great so far, but they just opened a distribution center in Austin, TX (I live in TX) so I'm expecting the service to be pretty awesome going forward.

FcuktheFDA

Banned
Awards
I joined on Wednesday and got my first game today. Silent Hill Origins. It's pretty badass so far. One distribution center is in Pennsylvania and I live in upstate New York. The one in PA didn't have Madden NFL '08, so they had to sent it from another distribution center located down in Florida. That should be here tomorrow. I love how it's unlimited renting, you can have 2 out at a time, get to make a list, and there are no late fee's. Quick service on their part so far, so I'm already impressed.

roryrock

roryrock

Awards
I joined on Wednesday and got my first game today. Silent Hill Origins. It's pretty badass so far. One distribution center is in Pennsylvania and I live in upstate New York. The one in PA didn't have Madden NFL '08, so they had to sent it from another distribution center located down in Florida. That should be here tomorrow. I love how it's unlimited renting, you can have 2 out at a time, get to make a list, and there are no late fee's. Quick service on their part so far, so I'm already impressed.
Yeah. You can buy games from them too with free shipping. Their prices are pretty sweet too. I figured I'd want to play GTA4 for awhile so I rented, confirmed that, and then "kept" it for something like $48, brand new.

I haven't tried it yet but you can also trade in games and get credit on your subscription. so if you have games laying around you don't play anymore you might want to check that out. could save you even more of a bundle.

FcuktheFDA

Banned
Awards
I'm actually thinking about turning in my PS2 and all my games in return for credit towards a brand new PS3. That's nice to know, though, that GF does that. I really can't wait to play the new GTA.

Yeah. You can buy games from them too with free shipping. Their prices are pretty sweet too. I knew I'd want to play GTA4 for awhile so I rented it and then "kept" it for something like $48, brand new.

I haven't tried it yet but you can also trade in games and get credit on your subscription. so if you have games laying around you don't play anymore you might want to check that out. could save you even more of a bundle.

michaeljannis

Awards
PS3 struggles to kee up wit hthe 360.... Microsoft will probably rule the world one day...

haha ONE DAY???

I probably don't have much room to give my opinion on this because I own neither a PS3 or Xbox, but I have played both.

It really is a hard decision. PS3 graphics are OUTSTANDING. but in IMO the Xbox has much better games, and they seem to be releasing in crazy numbers.

PS3 takes a long time to develop new games.

roryrock

roryrock

Awards
I'm actually thinking about turning in my PS2 and all my games in return for credit towards a brand new PS3. That's nice to know, though, that GF does that. I really can't wait to play the new GTA.
I'm loving GTA4. Taking my time with it though. Don't want to just scream through it. Check out the reviews, rating, and videos.

I played God of War of PSP through last week to space it out. That's what i'm liking about gamefly. You can try things before buying, just play stuff for kicks, buy a new console and just get games straight out with little extra investment.

Just before I joined I was getting a little burned out on gaming. Now i'm totally into it again.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I'm loving GTA4. Taking my time with it though. Don't want to just scream through it. Check out the reviews, rating, and videos.

I played God of War of PSP through last week to space it out. That's what i'm liking about gamefly. You can try things before buying, just play stuff for kicks, buy a new console and just get games straight out with little extra investment.

Just before I joined I was getting a little burned out on gaming. Now i'm totally into it again.
GTA4 is great, I never really got into renting becaues I buy a few games I plan to play with people online or local. I dont have time do to work/gym/church/school/friends to really get much game time in.

BTW roryrock i friggin love your avatar, i am going to rep you!

........sadly my rep is only worth 2 points to you lol...I am a loser...

FcuktheFDA

Banned
Awards
Madden NFL '08 came today. I'm quite impressed with how quickly GF gets their games out.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

It's not really close, at the moment. Especially in terms of North American sales, there are vastly more units of 360 than PS3; couple that with Microsoft's aggressive developing policies (buying shares in independents, heavily involving Microsoft Game Studios, as well as poaching once Sony-specific games) and Microsoft is easily winning the battle thus far.

They have, in my opinion, higher quality games in higher quantity. This stems mostly from Microsoft's extremely involved development in next-generation games. Also in my opinion, the 360 has produced the only true next generation experiences - that is, involving and interactive gameplay, super-intelligent AI, and genre-melding games. Gears of War and Bioshock come to mind in this category. PS3 games, to this point, have been nothing more than PS2 games with vastly increased rendering.

Aside from the tanking of HDDVD, Sony will most likely shutdown their Sony Entertainment division before the release of their next console.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll tell you this much, there is NO competition with the online aspect of gaming. Microsoft wins that battle by leaps and bounds.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll tell you this much, there is NO competition with the online aspect of gaming. Microsoft wins that battle by leaps and bounds.
Oh definitely. Sony plays the Kurt Russell to Microsoft's Patrick Swayze circa 1984. Ya heard meh?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
amen.

I just wish MGS4 would come to 360....:sick:

I heart mgs