• Total voters
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm curious as to how many people out there are truly superstitous?

Anyway, happy friday the 13th everyone! :cheers:

Jason Lives!!! :run:

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
not superstitous, but working in the hospital you know tonight is going to be a night...and i am starting my 6 days on..:(.......

TC

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not superstitous, but working in the hospital you know tonight is going to be a night...and i am starting my 6 days on..:(.......

TC
This is the first year in a while i haven't had to work in the E.R. tonight. It's usually an entertaining night though. :)

You're still in nursing school right TC?

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I voted no. However, the rest of the world is still a little superstitious. Notice Hotels over 13 floors rarely have a floor labeled 13th.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
I figure it's a self-fulfilling issue. Those who believe in it seem to find ways to make them true for themselves. I don't really care as long as they don't knock me off the ladder as they try to walk around it.
In sports I was always superstitious. I guess it was more just following a specific routine. I've heard about the emergency rooms, must be a trip.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I voted no. However, the rest of the world is still a little superstitious. Notice Hotels over 13 floors rarely have a floor labeled 13th.
Very good point. No E.R. i've ever worked in has a room 13 in it. ;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Friday the 13th just became my new lucky day.........We just got approved for our first house at a freakin' steal!!!! WOOT, WOOT!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :woohoo:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
No, it's complete bulls!t but i did get a DUI in one of those Friday's the 13th, I wonder if that was the reason.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The superstition is rooted to October 13, 1307, where the Catholic Pope supposedly ordered to have several people dragged from their homes at night, tortured, and crucified.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The superstition is rooted to October 13, 1307, where the Catholic Pope supposedly ordered to have several people dragged from their homes at night, tortured, and crucified.

a little history lesson...

ill watch out for the catholics tonight...

sw bill

Awards
Its my sons birthday today, I also was born on the 13th but not on a friday like my son was. Not superstitous about it although today at work did suck!!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The first time that my unit and I dropped in and said hello to some poor unexpecting towel heads, it was on a Friday the 13th. Oh what a glorious night that was! ;)

Funny, the first time that I got laid in High School was on Friday the 13th. WoW! The memories of the best 30 seconds of my teen years! And that includes 4 play - LOL!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Isn't religion so cool? All in the name of the Lord... how twisted some minds are.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Isn't religion so cool? All in the name of the Lord... how twisted some minds are.
The Catholic Church went through some shady times way back in the day. That's part of the reason why there are so many variations of Christianity today. But that wasn't for like another 200 years, when Martin Luther (not king) posted his 90 or so protests on the Catholic Church.

Even nowadays, we still see religious persectuation today, especially in the Middle Eastern countries (Jihad?). Religion never really seemed like a stable grounds for killing another person in my books, but then again, I'm from a different time and place than the forementioned.

(And Friday the 13th strikes again, as T1's thread gets totally derailed with a discussion on religion and social issues.)

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
(And Friday the 13th strikes again, as T1's thread gets totally derailed with a discussion on religion and social issues.)
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=E3OPHyEqdoM&feature=related"]YouTube - Friday the 13th Part 6 Jason Lives...soulja boy???[/ame]
:D

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
No, it's complete bulls!t but i did get a DUI in one of those Friday's the 13th, I wonder if that was the reason.
Nah, I'm pretty sure it was differnt reason, like, i don't know, drinking may be? :D Ahh, I mean I'm sorry. lol

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well i'm catholic myself, however i'm not about to argue religion with anyone. I took it in high school and college. I'm very aware of every section that exists. I've said it before, but i don't argue religion or politics......because it's BEYOND POINTLESS. :)

Anyway, it's cool to hear all of your experiences on friday the 13th though. :D

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
i'm not superstitious at all, every Friday he 13th is a personal holiday for me :) i also like the number 666, so go figure.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well after the game that the cardinals are playing right now, I may just start to believe. :D

Adams

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hell after the fact i just got approved for my first house, i consider friday the 13th a lucky day from now on!!! :D

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Hell after the fact i just got approved for my first house, i consider friday the 13th a lucky day from now on!!! :D
that's the spirit! congrats bro! you throwin a house party and inviting all of your AM brothas? :drunk::djparty:

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
that's the spirit! congrats bro! you throwin a house party and inviting all of your AM brothas? :drunk::djparty:
Haha, yea, he better get damn good insurance, there might be no house after AM party.:woohoo:

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
This is the first year in a while i haven't had to work in the E.R. tonight. It's usually an entertaining night though. :)

You're still in nursing school right TC?
Your right i am in nursing school but i work in a hospital on the locked unit for adolescents..........i figured that way when I graduate I already have my foot in the door, so for now I am in the thick of dealing with the kids, restraints, hands on...some days I wonder...why did i leave special ed.....:(

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your right i am in nursing school but i work in a hospital on the locked unit for adolescents..........i figured that way when I graduate I already have my foot in the door, so for now I am in the thick of dealing with the kids, restraints, hands on...some days I wonder...why did i leave special ed.....:(
Well i wish you the best TC! :)

It will all be worth it in the end.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There just may be a big tampa AM party!! Woot, Woot

:djparty:

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Well i wish you the best TC! :)

It will all be worth it in the end.

I think so, if I didnt I would never have decided to do this.....:) thanks for the encouragment

TC

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
Friday the 13th just became my new lucky day.........We just got approved for our first house at a freakin' steal!!!! WOOT, WOOT!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :woohoo:
oh how fantastic! my congratulations to you and the wife. what a milestone :)

I can not wait to have one..... hopefully before december :)

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Don't know why or how, but for some reason my wife is always horny on Friday the 13th. She never realizes it's that day and I'm not about to tell her.

So for me, Friday the 13th's are lucky (especially after almost 10 years of marriage).

Other than that, in the past, Friday the 13th's have always been lucky days.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh how fantastic! my congratulations to you and the wife. what a milestone :)

I can not wait to have one..... hopefully before december :)
Thanks Mrs G! :)

This process has been a nightmare though........uggghhhhhh haha.

I wish you guys the best also in your hunt! :) Did you get married yet?