My hardcore kick in the nuts workout yesterday

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well it was really a screening to become a Special Amphibious Reconnaissances Corpsman (SARC).

500-yard swim using breast and/or sidestroke in less than 12 minutes and 30 seconds
10-minute rest
Perform a minimum of 42 push-ups in 2 minutes
2-minute rest
Perform a minimum of 50 sit-ups in 2 minutes
2-minute rest
Perform a minimum of 6 pull-ups (no time limit)
10-minute rest
Run 1 ½ miles wearing Boots and Utilities in under 11 minutes
Then 2 minutes of max effort of each of the following:
push-ups, sit-ups, flutter kicks, hello dolly's, mountain climbers, and 8 count body builders.
Final - 4 mile run with a 60 lbs ruck sack in under 50 minutes.

I am a sore azz mofo today I tell you what. Unfortunately I didn't complete all the requirements with in said parameters, but I never quit. I will be re-screeing in July.

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Youre lucky it got tough there at the end. I was about to question your conditioning. :lol:

Everything up until, and including the 1.5 mile run in boots I was going to consider it "Normal" for military training. But the 2 minute max efforts can be really tough depending on the persons drive, and if youre going for SARC, im not going to question your drive. And then they topped all of that off with a 4 mile ruck race?

Ouch! haha

Edit: Oops just read the last sentence in your post. What did you miss on? Id imagine that run at the end was a real bicth! Youll get it next time though now that you know what to expect and can condition for it more.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I didn't make the ruck run. Next time. Like you said I know what to expect and how to better condition for it.

Those are the minimums that I posted, but one needs to remember that they want to see max effort on everything. They don't know you and they need to write you a letter of recommendation so you need to impress them. They're a close community and as so are picky. This also is just the initial physical screening. It does get harder and there is 18 months of special schools to follow.

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
I didn't make the ruck run. Next time. Like you said I know what to expect and how to better condition for it.

Those are the minimums that I posted, but one needs to remember that they want to see max effort on everything. They don't know you and they need to write you a letter of recommendation so you need to impress them. They're a close community and as so are picky. This also is just the initial physical screening. It does get harder and there is 18 months of special schools to follow.
60 pounds is a lot to run with. 4 miles would be brutal. The only way I ever found to increase my weighted running performance was to increase the weight in your training for it. We only ever ran with 35 pounds, so a few of us trained with 45 -50 and it made a big difference. And if you do that for a while, your body weight runs will be amazing. That was the only time I hit a 300 PFT because it was the only time I ever ran 3 miles under 18 minutes.

Good luck in july. Bust your ass until then man!