help posting pics please!

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't know why mine won't work.All I ever get is a box with an x in it.Could someone walk me through on posting these things?Preferably someone who knows why I get an x everytime.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Where did you upload the pics to? Sounds like a site that doesn't allow you to embed it into a forum.
Well I have tried posting pics of pit bulls and cindy phillips so nothing bad.Another forum had some pics and you had to click on the link to pull them up.So I just copied the link and typed that into the insert image option and it still wouldn't work.Other than that I save them to my pictures and then type in what it says under the pic in the insert image option.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I looked at another url of an image by quoting it and uit was completely different then what I type.I have been typing what it says under the pic in my pictures.This guys url was www . something. com/this/that yady yada.So how do you get that url?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I looked at another url of an image by quoting it and uit was completely different then what I type.I have been typing what it says under the pic in my pictures.This guys url was www . something. com/this/that yady yada.So how do you get that url?
Right click on your image, and chose "Copy Image Location" . Then in your post, click on the "Insert Image" button and paste the link :)

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well I thought that would work steve,but all I have is a copy option.When I click it nothing happens.If I try to drag it to the insert image option,it wont let me.This is getting annoying!I have asked in logs where people post pics left and right and no one will say what they do.They just ignore it.I guess I'll PM two who post pics all the time and see what they do.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Ok here's what you do.

When you are going to post, click on the 'Go Advanced' button

Then at the bottom there's a 'Manage Attachments' click that.

Then browse your computer, till you find a picture you want to upload from your harddrive and upload it.

At that point your file will be uploaded to the post, then just go ahead and make a post.

You need to add 3 characters or something to make it post.

Also too, I think that there might be a size limit to it, but I'm not sure.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The above post is the correct way to do it. And you need to resize the pics first to get them to upload.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The above post is the correct way to do it. And you need to resize the pics first to get them to upload.

Yeah it worked for me.I didn't have to resize them.Maybe they were already good I guess.I'll keep that in mind though.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Create a free account at photobucket, upload your pics there, then resize to your liking, copy and paste the appropriate URL, and presto.