So I see these types of ads all of the time:

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, this one especially upsets me!,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZhfMFMqi4
yuck,
anything with a cardio routine that tries to look like a martial art but isn't has always made me feel disgusted just watching it.

I don't understand why people want to bs around with what boils down to pretending to take a martial art for the sake of getting in shape, when, you can simply take a martial art and get good cardio and learn some practical skills....

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
P90X is actually a great program. I'm glad I'm sticking with it, as I'm learning how to become more flexible, more enduring, and even stronger with practical lifts. i can actually do pullups now, and do them well.

This program will NOT put you in ripped status unless you already have muscle under some flab. Anyone who knows anything knows this. No one who buys this is expecting to look like the creator of it in 90 days. they could, but it would take a whole lot of gear and clenbuterol...and NACHOS. BUT, people WILL look and feel a whole lot better. That is guaranteed. I've seen it firsthand. My neighbor, WHO I BURNED THE DISKS FROM, lost 20+ pounds of fat and gained at least 10-12 lbs. of muscle. that puts him at losing 2 lbs. of fat a week and gaining 1 lb. of muscle. This program is designed to give the sedentary individual that knows NOTHING a good starting point and confidence by day 90. OR, it's meant for the guy who has been slamming at the gym for a while, has lost sight of goals, and may have packed on some fat. it gives that guy the ability to cut up, and perhaps gain and regain a lot of good things while doing it.

don't disrespect my sheeeeeeeeeeeyit.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
do you actually do all the 'cardio-kick-box' stuff though? I mean, I would just feel dumb, I'd rather go take some real muay thai, or even tae kwon do, etc.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
do you actually do all the 'cardio-kick-box' stuff though? I mean, I would just feel dumb, I'd rather go take some real muay thai, or even tae kwon do, etc.
yes, i actually do the 'cardio-kick-box' stuff. and i take it as nothing but an innovative form of cardio.:rofl:
and yes, i did initially feel stupid doing it. but i must say, it is one heck of a cardio session. it takes me many catabolic miles of running to get the sweat i get from doing this. and since you don't know the program, you don't know that it only comprises about 5-10% of the program.

i must admit, i felt skeptical of following a DVD program at first, but then i realized and said to myself, "Hey, you want something different from what you've been doing. No more of this blocky shape and trying to push big boy plates in the gym, amongst the cutoff glove Neanderthals. You want to be muscular, yet thin, and healthy. "

Coincidentally, I saw what it did for my neighbor just as I turned the corner. I almost looked at it as 'fate.' I burned the disks and started it "just for the hell of it." It's been good to me so far. I can't believe I have to repeatedly defend myself for using this program. Why don't y'all try it? Guarantee you won't keep up with it the first week around.