Gas Prices and You

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    DGSky's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    236
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    17.84%

    Gas Prices and You


    How have you changed your life to deal with the ever increasing gas rates? What chnages do you plan to take?

  2. Advanced Member
    Squeaks4ver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    1607
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.94%

    it hasn't... but it will start to when it hits the 8.00 mark. like most people i think i will just have to keep on keeping on
  3. Senior Member
    Nabisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,163
    Rep Power
    684
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    26.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    It hasn't affected me to any noticeable degree.

    I do however find myself consciously walking places that are close by that I might have driven to a year ago.
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    tattoopierced1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    8353
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    34.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    outside of siphoning gas out of neighborhood cars, it hasnt affected my driving at all
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  5. Advanced Member
    Dadof2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    416
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    49.19%

    I live in the country, I do not have the options of public transport or getting where you need to go on foot or on a bike.

    I only drive where I have to go, but I have been doing that for years now. Since my gas consumption was already at a minimal level I am just watching money fly out of my wallet.
  6. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5553
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    41.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    It cost me 97 frickin dollars to fill up my truck yesterday....this BLOWS!

    *tripdog finds his siphon hose*
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  7. Senior Member
    shaddow's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    1326
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    75.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Ugh. I live in the DC-metro area and commute to DC for work by metro everyday, and with gas prices going up there are more and more train riders by the day... And the parking lot keeps filling up earlier and earlier by the day... It's freaking ridiculous! For the past couple weeks I've been getting to the parking lot 30 minutes before I need to catch my train, and I waste all that time trying to find a spot. I've been late for work every single day for the past 2 weeks, and I've had to park illegally 4 times. I've gotten 2 parking tickets, and I'm pretty effing sure I'm gonna have one when I get to my car this evening.... It's ****ing ridiculous and frustrating as hell. I'm not willing wake up at the butt crack of dawn to catch a freaking train and get to work an hour early... I'm just not a morning person and I workout in the evenings, and this is taking away from my rest time...

    My only other real options are to drive to work and sit in traffic for an hour and pay $20 to park my car in a garage on top of the $10+ in gas I'd spend, suck it up and head in early and start working out in the mornings again (which I reeeeeaaaaaally don't want to do), or find a new job.... It sucks. It really ****ing sucks...
  8. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    657
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    87.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I now work four 10 hour days instead of five 8 hour days. I also only go to the grocery store 1x per week instead of 2-3. I do anything I can do maximize my trips when I do drive.

    Oh I wish I didnt sell my bike!
  9. New Member
    Maverick60's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    246
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    57.81%

    Haha, I stopped commuting to the bay area. It mostly had to do with other circumstances, but driving 100 miles each direction, 5 days a week made it easier to quit.

    (...Anyone hiring? lol)


    Edit: And I sold my 400hp Camaro as well, but that didnt really have much to do with gas. It did save me a ton of money on gas though.
  10. New Member
    vpower's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    839
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    29.15%

    a lot of you guys have it worse than me with your commutes and all.it all sounds really shyutty im sorry..but yeah gas right now is $4.17..are there really predictions for gas up to $8.00??
  11. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks4ver View Post
    it hasn't... but it will start to when it hits the 8.00 mark. like most people i think i will just have to keep on keeping on
    Squeaks!!!

    I'm more studly now than the last time I saw you on the board. So stop fantasizing about my pecs, you horn ball.
  12. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,110
    Rep Power
    9664
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by vpower View Post
    a lot of you guys have it worse than me with your commutes and all.it all sounds really shyutty im sorry..but yeah gas right now is $4.17..are there really predictions for gas up to $8.00??
    No.

    I work for an oil company. Crude has dropped near 10 bucks in the last week.
    Some Asian countries that were subsidizing the price of gas for their citizens (to a dime or 40 cents or whatever) have realized how much it is bleeding their country's budget and are raising the price of gas.
    That should help lower consumption in their countries.

    The dollar is strengthening against the Euro.

    Those should combine to continue to bring down crude oil. Gasoline prices will follow, but a lag of 2 weeks or so.
    I think pretty soon we'll reach the crest in prices and then they will fall.



    (This is excepting a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico or some catastrophe in the middle east that knocks out crude oil production.)
  13. Advanced Member
    Squeaks4ver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    1607
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.94%

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Squeaks!!!

    I'm more studly now than the last time I saw you on the board. So stop fantasizing about my pecs, you horn ball.
    HAHAHA we will see about that!!! Nice to see you again hun!
  14. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by vpower View Post
    a lot of you guys have it worse than me with your commutes and all.it all sounds really shyutty im sorry..but yeah gas right now is $4.17..are there really predictions for gas up to $8.00??

    Its $9/gallon in the UK.

    66% of that $9 is taxes. So when you elect people who say they want to tax oil companies because they make so much money, you are moving toward what Europe already has.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  15. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    657
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    87.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    Its $9/gallon in the UK.

    66% of that $9 is taxes. So when you elect people who say they want to tax oil companies because they make so much money, you are moving toward what Europe already has.
    Insert Hillary Quote

    "The other day the oil companies recorded the highest profits in the history of the world. I want to take those profits. And I want to put them into a strategic energy fund that will begin to fund alternative smart energy, alternatives and technologies that will actually begin to move us in the direction of independence."

    All for the common good!
  16. New Member
    DGSky's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    236
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    17.84%

    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Insert Hillary Quote

    "The other day the oil companies recorded the highest profits in the history of the world. I want to take those profits. And I want to put them into a strategic energy fund that will begin to fund alternative smart energy, alternatives and technologies that will actually begin to move us in the direction of independence."

    All for the common good!
    Take their profits!! Sounds like a line right out of Atlas Shrugged.
  17. Senior Member
    shaddow's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    1326
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    75.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    Its $9/gallon in the UK.

    66% of that $9 is taxes. So when you elect people who say they want to tax oil companies because they make so much money, you are moving toward what Europe already has.
    Universal health care?
  18. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Universal health care?

    Who's paying for it?
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  19. Senior Member
    shaddow's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    1326
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    75.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Anyone who drives!
  20. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Anyone who drives!

    Then get ready for $9/gallon prices if you want to cover 300 million people.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  21. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    It's changed some things. I definitely think twice about going places I normally wouldn't go. I get out more and walk more. All in all, it's been for the better. However, I filled up my car yesterday for a total of 61 dollars of 89 grade and almost cried!
  22. Senior Member
    shaddow's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    1326
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    75.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    Then get ready for $9/gallon prices if you want to cover 300 million people.
    I think I'm just gonna get a Tesla Roadster and call it a day.
  23. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1044
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    9.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    No.

    I work for an oil company. Crude has dropped near 10 bucks in the last week.
    Some Asian countries that were subsidizing the price of gas for their citizens (to a dime or 40 cents or whatever) have realized how much it is bleeding their country's budget and are raising the price of gas.
    That should help lower consumption in their countries.

    The dollar is strengthening against the Euro.

    Those should combine to continue to bring down crude oil. Gasoline prices will follow, but a lag of 2 weeks or so.
    I think pretty soon we'll reach the crest in prices and then they will fall.



    (This is excepting a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico or some catastrophe in the middle east that knocks out crude oil production.)

    Crude today is UP 10$/bbl and the dollar has DROPPED further today.
  24. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1044
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    9.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I now work from home 2 days a week. On the other 3 days, I ride my motorcycle in, 16$/tank/week vs 85$/tank/week for my truck.

    Bike is paying for itself again and again.
  25. Senior Member
    dlew308's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,647
    Rep Power
    923
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    9.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Hopefully more people will take the bus/metro and stay off the freeways so I can cruise home without L.A. traffic. It's over 4.50/gal (91 octane) here.
  26. New Member
    WILL DA BEAST's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    319
    Rep Power
    244
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    14.41%

    Quote Originally Posted by DGSky View Post
    Take their profits!! Sounds like a line right out of Atlas Shrugged.
    hey i had to read that book for an english project this past year ...long a$$ book.

    but yea i also am unfortunate enough to live in the country and i have to drive 40 miles just to get to town. it kills a teenager to drive that much

    i have been thinking about picking up a small sportbike...any recs??
  27. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Crude today is UP 10$/bbl and the dollar has DROPPED further today.

    Its up $6. Pure speculation. Volume is thin and futures contracts for months down the road are not following the same trend.


    You can't think of this in terms of days...you have to think of it in terms of years. Hell it could go to 150 before you start to see a major turnaround.

    The dollar will improve simply because the fed says it will. That will cause commodity prices to drop.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  28. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    657
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    87.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    No.

    I work for an oil company. Crude has dropped near 10 bucks in the last week.Some Asian countries that were subsidizing the price of gas for their citizens (to a dime or 40 cents or whatever) have realized how much it is bleeding their country's budget and are raising the price of gas.
    That should help lower consumption in their countries.

    The dollar is strengthening against the Euro.

    Those should combine to continue to bring down crude oil. Gasoline prices will follow, but a lag of 2 weeks or so.
    I think pretty soon we'll reach the crest in prices and then they will fall.



    (This is excepting a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico or some catastrophe in the middle east that knocks out crude oil production.)
    hehe... eat your words!
  29. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    hehe... eat your words!

    You can thank Israel for that one. This one was a pure speculative play. Never has the price moved that much without some form of supply/demand data being released.

    You had a short squeeze for the ages today....I think we might peak at 150 then drop like a friggin rock.

    But then again....
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  30. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1044
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    9.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    You can thank Israel for that one. This one was a pure speculative play.
    Damn war mongers.
  31. New Member
    Maverick60's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    246
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    57.81%

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    But then again....
    But then again has my vote. Haha.
  32. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7019

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick60 View Post
    But then again has my vote. Haha.

    I remember they said that during the tech bubble...and the real estate bubble...then they all got scalped
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  33. Palo Alto Labs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,058
    Rep Power
    1125
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    21.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I love how people complain about gas but still pay $100++ for digital TV and 1000 channels and other luxuries that are unnecessary in life.

    This is NOT directed towards anyone on the forum, but just the average consumer. Gas prices suck...but its costing most of us about $50-$100 more per month. Im sure most of us can give up 1 or 2 luxuries to cover that difference. (ie processed foods, eating out, cable tv, etc).
    On the flip side... boneless/skinless chicken is $1.75/lb at albertsons... saves me $2/lb right there over the regular supermarket. Theres ways to offset the gas prices... even if you have to become a coupon cutter..ha
  34. Palo Alto Labs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,058
    Rep Power
    1125
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    21.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    I remember they said that during the tech bubble...and the real estate bubble...then they all got scalped
    what real estate bubble?



    i saw this on amazon...people can be so dumb

    Are You Missing the Real Estate Boom?: The Boom Will Not Bust and Why Property Values Will Continue to Climb Through the End of the Decade - And How to Profit From Them (Hardcover)
    Amazon.com: Are You Missing the Real Estate Boom?: The Boom Will Not Bust and Why Property Values Will Continue to Climb Through the End of the Decade - And How to Profit From Them: David Lereah: Books
  35. New Member
    Maverick60's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    246
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    57.81%

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    I remember they said that during the tech bubble...and the real estate bubble...then they all got scalped
    True. I hope so.

    It just seems like oil being something that no one can just go out and start a new company to produce, and unlike houses, anyone can afford $30 for a few gallons of gas without having to qualify for anything, and that will allow the bubble to endure more pokes from the pin. I know there are several other factors that can influence this whole situation, but there isnt going to be a flood of competition influx, and no one is going to change laws on who can qualify to purchase gas.

    Im not really trying to argue against your opinion here, more just trying to say that I think the oil industry has more control over its future than other bubbles of the past. You seem to be more educated on the matter, so I hope your projection of the situation is better than my speculation.
  36. New Member
    Maverick60's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    246
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    57.81%

    Quote Originally Posted by Palo Alto Labs View Post
    what real estate bubble?



    i saw this on amazon...people can be so dumb

    Are You Missing the Real Estate Boom?: The Boom Will Not Bust and Why Property Values Will Continue to Climb Through the End of the Decade - And How to Profit From Them (Hardcover)
    http://www.amazon.com/Are-Missing-Re...787349&sr=8-15
    My little brother just bought a house here for $120k. We figured it cant go down much lower than that. He needed to move out of my moms house anyway though. And $120k for anything in Cali is a deal.
  37. Palo Alto Labs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,058
    Rep Power
    1125
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    21.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick60 View Post
    My little brother just bought a house here for $120k. We figured it cant go down much lower than that. He needed to move out of my moms house anyway though. And $120k for anything in Cali is a deal.
    I just bought a house in south florida a few weeks ago as well.. the deals are amazing for buyers... At closing... the seller walked away with a check for $75.95.
    getting a mortgage was close to impossible thou. banks dont want want to give any money unless you are putting down a significant dp right now.
    This place only costs me a little more than renting, and I bought it so much lower than its value that I will be comfortable even if the market drops more in south florida (which it will).
  38. New Member
    DGSky's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    236
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    17.84%

    Oil's biggest day yet drags down stocks


    By ADAM SCHRECK, AP Business Writer
    Oil prices made their biggest single-day leap ever Friday, dragging the Dow Jones industrials down nearly 400 points and raising the once-unthinkable prospect of $150 oil and more record gas prices by the Fourth of July.

    The meteoric rise of nearly $11 for the day piled atop an increase of almost $5.50 the day before, taking oil futures more than 13 percent higher in just two days, easily a record on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

    And those weren't the only stunning numbers of the day: The government also reported the nation's unemployment rate zoomed to 5.5 percent in May, a monthly rise of half a percentage point, the biggest in 22 years.

    Oil settled at $138.54, a rise of more than 8 percent. The surged came after Morgan Stanley analyst Ole Slorer predicted strong demand in Asia and tight supplies in the Western Hemisphere could drive prices to $150 by Independence Day, when millions of Americans take to the roads.
  39. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1044
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    9.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DGSky View Post
    By ADAM SCHRECK, AP Business Writer
    Oil prices made their biggest single-day leap ever Friday, dragging the Dow Jones industrials down nearly 400 points and raising the once-unthinkable prospect of $150 oil and more record gas prices by the Fourth of July.

    The meteoric rise of nearly $11 for the day piled atop an increase of almost $5.50 the day before, taking oil futures more than 13 percent higher in just two days, easily a record on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

    And those weren't the only stunning numbers of the day: The government also reported the nation's unemployment rate zoomed to 5.5 percent in May, a monthly rise of half a percentage point, the biggest in 22 years.

    Oil settled at $138.54, a rise of more than 8 percent. The surged came after Morgan Stanley analyst Ole Slorer predicted strong demand in Asia and tight supplies in the Western Hemisphere could drive prices to $150 by Independence Day, when millions of Americans take to the roads.

    How about Ole Slorer just 'predict' oil will plummet to $80/bbl?
  40. New Member
    DGSky's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    236
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    17.84%

    Quote Originally Posted by Palo Alto Labs View Post
    I love how people complain about gas but still pay $100++ for digital TV and 1000 channels and other luxuries that are unnecessary in life.

    This is NOT directed towards anyone on the forum, but just the average consumer. Gas prices suck...but its costing most of us about $50-$100 more per month. Im sure most of us can give up 1 or 2 luxuries to cover that difference. (ie processed foods, eating out, cable tv, etc).
    On the flip side... boneless/skinless chicken is $1.75/lb at albertsons... saves me $2/lb right there over the regular supermarket. Theres ways to offset the gas prices... even if you have to become a coupon cutter..ha

    I totally agree on your assessment to some degree. A buddy of mine has the luxury of a fixed work location and has filled up his gas tank three times this year while riding public transportation. I, on the other hand, have to drive to different locations throughout southern california. I try and scheule all meetings in the same locations even if it means sitting on a project a week or so. Plus I never schedule meetings that will have me driving in peak traffic.

    I have already cut down cable to the basic stations and for the first time check coupons.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Prices of Dip?
    By Distilled Water in forum General Chat
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 08:37 AM
  2. Gas Prices
    By slanginweight in forum General Chat
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 08:13 PM
  3. Best prices around!!!!!
    By ALLPROREP in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 12:34 AM
  4. best prices???
    By saiyanjin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 11:54 PM
  5. Best prices for m1t
    By SeaHawk22 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 09:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in