Flying to DC from Sydney in August/Sept – what to do?

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
Flying over to DC from Sydney for business in August/Sept, any recommendations on what to do in my spare time ie. good eating places, gyms, buying supps, buying clothes, and places to go at night, and maybe even meet some women folk lol.

cheers

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
you should go hit up georgetown.. great area.. lots of stuff eat etc.. shops yada yada

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Nice, nice. DC is an awesome city. So much to do. For starters, you'd probably wanna know that August is humid as f*ck here - just a heads up. You really don't need a car in the city, there is public transportation galore. Do you know what area in DC you'll be staying in?

I used to workout at the Fitness First in DC, but for the past 6 months or so I've been heading home (Maryland) for my workouts. I don't know if that would even be a convenient location for you though, and it gets pretty crowded in there. There's a few other gyms in the city you could look into... Washington Sports Club, Gold's, Bally's... As far as supps... I know of Vitamin Shoppe and GNC, but honestly, I just buy all my supps online. Georgetown has all kinds of nice places to go shopping. Lots of upscale shops and boutiques...

A few nice restaurants I'd recommend checking out:

Zaytinya
Fogo de Chao
Equinox
Tosca

Oh yeah, Sushi Taro has awesome sushi if you like it. (I'm a huge fan. :D)

As far as nightlife... It really all depends on what you're into. There's a plethora of clubs, lounges, bars, pretty much all over DC, but without really knowing what kind of scene you're into, I wouldn't even know where to begin with recommendations. If you wanna socialize, I personally love hanging out outside at the waterfront in Georgetown (Sequoia & Tony & Joe's). Great place to go talk to women when the weather's nice, and very casual. Georgetown gets pretty packed on the weekends. You can pretty much just walk down the street and follow the hot women to see where they're heading. :D There's also lots of new lounges/clubs/bars in the K Street area that have opened up in the past few years. Most of them are pretty posh and exclusive, and guys can have problems getting into a lot of spots unless they're with women. I'm pretty well connected, so I might be able to pull some strings with guest lists and what not if you're interested in checking something out.

Ummmm... I could write a lot more, but I'm not really sure what kind of things you're into, and I've been rushing this cuz I'm off work, and I've gotta go workout. I'll be around though, so feel free to hit me up anytime. :)

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
Shadow that is comprehensive, seriously many thanks for all the info. Not sure what area of DC yet. I'll drop you a PM if you don't mind?

Anyone else with suggestions shoot. In terms of gyms, we have fitness first over here too, i guess I'd be looking for those legendary harcore US gyms I've heard of before like Bob Whelan's etc...you know where there's more a focus on strength training, powerlifting blah blah

Nice, nice. DC is an awesome city. So much to do. For starters, you'd probably wanna know that August is humid as f*ck here - just a heads up. You really don't need a car in the city, there is public transportation galore. Do you know what area in DC you'll be staying in?

I used to workout at the Fitness First in DC, but for the past 6 months or so I've been heading home (Maryland) for my workouts. I don't know if that would even be a convenient location for you though, and it gets pretty crowded in there. There's a few other gyms in the city you could look into... Washington Sports Club, Gold's, Bally's... As far as supps... I know of Vitamin Shoppe and GNC, but honestly, I just buy all my supps online. Georgetown has all kinds of nice places to go shopping. Lots of upscale shops and boutiques...

A few nice restaurants I'd recommend checking out:

Zaytinya
Fogo de Chao
Equinox
Tosca

Oh yeah, Sushi Taro has awesome sushi if you like it. (I'm a huge fan. :D)

As far as nightlife... It really all depends on what you're into. There's a plethora of clubs, lounges, bars, pretty much all over DC, but without really knowing what kind of scene you're into, I wouldn't even know where to begin with recommendations. If you wanna socialize, I personally love hanging out outside at the waterfront in Georgetown (Sequoia & Tony & Joe's). Great place to go talk to women when the weather's nice, and very casual. Georgetown gets pretty packed on the weekends. You can pretty much just walk down the street and follow the hot women to see where they're heading. :D There's also lots of new lounges/clubs/bars in the K Street area that have opened up in the past few years. Most of them are pretty posh and exclusive, and guys can have problems getting into a lot of spots unless they're with women. I'm pretty well connected, so I might be able to pull some strings with guest lists and what not if you're interested in checking something out.

Ummmm... I could write a lot more, but I'm not really sure what kind of things you're into, and I've been rushing this cuz I'm off work, and I've gotta go workout. I'll be around though, so feel free to hit me up anytime. :)

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
No problem, bro! Check your PM's! :)

Oh yeah, museums... DC has a TON of nice, free museums. I think there's more free museums here than pretty much anywhere in the world. Check out Smithsonian Institution if you're interested. I personally love that kind of stuff, but living in the area, you can imagine I've been to most of them a hundred times.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Shadow is right, prepare for some crazy humidity. You won't have trouble finding stuff to do. You should definitely check out some of the museums if you get a chance. As far as nightlife, I prefer Adam's Morgan over G'town. G'town is nice though. Across key bridge from G'town is Arlington, which also has a nice bar scene, it's called Clarendon, check it out if you get a chance.

edit: Shadow beat me to it on the museums. Shadow, where do you live, Bethesda, Potomac? I'm in Clarendon, ever been there?

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I'm in North Potomac, actually. I was supposed to go to Clarendon for a group dinner a couple weeks back, but it was at a pizza place, and well... I like my abs too much to do that right now. :p

Any recommendations in Arlington/Clarendon?

I actually don't really cross the bridge into VA often at all. I think the last time I was there was for a Halloween party a buddy of mine threw, but I left pretty shortly after arriving there and headed back to M St. Way more chicks there that night. ;)

Adam's Morgan is ok, but I f*cking hate driving down there, man. It's always a freaking mess. Not that Georgetown is much better... But I know a short-cut where I can sneak around 99.9% of the traffic and come out under the bridge by the waterfront. ;) Actually, I haven't had much luck in Adam's Morgan lately. Tom Tom's, Chloe, and Left Bank have pretty much sucked ass the past few times I've been down there. Where do you hang out in AM? I was telling Sputnik that it's a younger crowd there, but definitely a great place to go people watching... Amazing all the crazy sh!t you can see happen in one night if you grab a seat somewhere and just keep your eyes open. :D

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, Sputnik, not too sure about any legendary hardcore gyms in the DC area... Any thoughts, Alexander? Also, I think the Fitness First you were talking about in your PM is a different one than the one here in the DC area. It's actually a relatively small gym, and I'm pretty sure it's just a DC-metro thing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Anabolics 10
p1nchharmonic Anabolics 10
Prince IronMag Labs 0
LMuscle Anabolics 3
LMuscle Male Anti-Aging Medicine 2