wife and me

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well me and my wife have decided to try and have a baby. i love the idea of having a baby, but im also scared. dont know how im going to handle all that it entails, late nights, crying, etc. i think me and my wife will have very different parenting styles, but a good mix. wish me luck.....

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Luck to you :thumbsup:

1 isnt overly hard to get used to unless you have a come and go as you please lifestyle but add a second 2yrs later and thats a whole other story! :D

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Yea, kids are huge responsibilities, good luck with that.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
I have three. Nothing better. Can't imagine life without them. The first one is a huge learning curve, but you take it in stride. Good luck! And enjoy the trying....!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You will do fine, it will all change for you the first time you hold the baby.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
i think me and my wife will have very different parenting styles.
Make sure to figure that out BEFORE the baby comes, if not you might find yourself in the 50% of divorced couples, no joke.

I would honestly sit down and discuss specific situations, as many as you can come up with, so you know how your going to handle it, instead of getting into it when it comes up and the kid watches you fight.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I have two and one on the way. Having kids was by far the best thing that I have ever done with my life.

I suppose the only advice that I can give you is this:

make sure that your child knows how much it is loved

and

make an effort to keep your relationship with your wife a good one. It is easy for the parents relationship to be put on the backburner with a baby in the picture, so be sure to have date nights, weekend getaways and so forth. Marriage is what you make it, if you don't work at it eventually it will fall apart.

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Make sure to figure that out BEFORE the baby comes, if not you might find yourself in the 50% of divorced couples, no joke.

I would honestly sit down and discuss specific situations, as many as you can come up with, so you know how your going to handle it, instead of getting into it when it comes up and the kid watches you fight.
Solid advice. She is going to want things a certain way, and if you dont agree with it, you may be in for a problem. Those mothers can be pretty set in their ways regardless of how rational or well thought out those ways may be. Ladies, dont read: We all know how they can be.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Luck to you :thumbsup:

1 isnt overly hard to get used to unless you have a come and go as you please lifestyle but add a second 2yrs later and thats a whole other story! :D
Yeah good luck! I also have 2. Enjoy it!