- 06-04-2008, 05:16 AM
- 06-04-2008, 06:56 AM
The greatest danger this county has faced in it entire history is now a reality.
"The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, ithout
knowing how it happened."
Norman Thomas, 1948
06-04-2008, 07:09 AM
I have to say from my vantage point (Indy) I love the idea of watching repubs screaming about socialism and dems screaming about a bush 3rd term. It is too funny.
At the end of the day, the Obama/Clinton ticket will win, and most likely win handily. To discuss how they will do as a ticket will be premature at this point, as it will be with McCain, but it will be a stark change from where we are now, which could very well be a positive considering how terrible the Bush administration has been on so many levels
06-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Wasn't really a suprise he won though was it. Well originaly Clinton was hot favourite but that didn't last long. I got a fair bit of cash riding on Obama becomming president..........thats right i gambled on this sh1t.
06-04-2008, 07:44 AM
06-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Obama is telling us what we want to hear ... and he's damn good at it too.
McCain - old and boring
Obama - fresh and young.
Do you really think the public cares about policy? LOL. We want a good show!
06-04-2008, 08:19 AM
06-04-2008, 08:28 AM
2. That quote is from 1948 and still rings true, doesnt it now..? Both Clinton and Obama are both socialists. I might add some of Hillary's politics mimic the communist manifesto.
3. McCain is not a whole like like Bush. He is about as liberal as a republican as you can get. Unless he picks a strong VP he's got no chance as the core republicans despise him.
4. Any change is good right?
5. I want them to win, it might force the republicans to put their party back together.
06-04-2008, 08:32 AM
8/10 social issues on Obama's website are race issues. How bout that... Affirmative action by definition puts the black man in a higher class than the white man. Arent we ALL supposed to be EQUAL? lol..
06-04-2008, 08:39 AM
06-04-2008, 08:42 AM
06-04-2008, 08:54 AM
2. calling them socialists is kinda like calling bush a fascist, not entirely true
3. If you look at McCain's policies, specifically on the war and on nwealthy tax cuts (as well as education) he sounds a lot like ihm, and many people are going to see a republican and think of him. McCain has the misfortune of following a horrible president
4. No, not any change is good, but people do want change and they see the POSSIBILITY of that in Obama
5. Wow, and you say you are not a republican, interesting last statement then
06-04-2008, 09:11 AM
06-04-2008, 09:14 AM
06-04-2008, 09:24 AM
06-04-2008, 09:25 AM
06-04-2008, 09:26 AM
06-04-2008, 09:27 AM
06-04-2008, 09:29 AM
If you think (for example) that corporate taxation is "sending more jobs overseas", you don't know as much about business (or taxation, or corporate capitalism) as might profit you.
06-04-2008, 09:32 AM
06-04-2008, 09:35 AM
And btw, I strongly, strongly disagree with any legislation put out to "help" an "oppressed" class/race. Laws like this create a vicious cycle and actually keep the "oppressed".. well "oppressed." I live in the ghetto, I see it daily.
06-04-2008, 09:36 AM
06-04-2008, 09:36 AM
06-04-2008, 09:37 AM
A lot of my feelings there come from some of the more liberal judges throwing repeat child predators 6 months of probation instead of jail time. I do not think it is possible to correct these people.
06-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By bt4ever in forum AnabolicsReplies: 20Last Post: 04-26-2004, 05:38 PM
- By Old Guy in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-16-2004, 03:08 PM
- By andre in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 07-02-2003, 05:14 PM
- By Technics in forum SupplementsReplies: 60Last Post: 06-12-2003, 09:19 PM
- By LethalGunz34 in forum General ChatReplies: 16Last Post: 05-02-2003, 01:14 PM