Who downloads and burns DVD movies?

Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.73%

Who downloads and burns DVD movies?

I have tons of blank DVD discs laying around, it's storming outside adn I'm extremely bored. I've been able to burn some movies before, but the quality was horrible. The full picture was either not on the screen, or the colors appeared very dark.

I was wondering who has, or does, burn DVD movies, what programs you've used to download the movies and burn them, etc.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake12901 View Post
    I have tons of blank DVD discs laying around, it's storming outside adn I'm extremely bored. I've been able to burn some movies before, but the quality was horrible. The full picture was either not on the screen, or the colors appeared very dark.

I was wondering who has, or does, burn DVD movies, what programs you've used to download the movies and burn them, etc.
    I'm sure detailed discussion breaks forum rules at some point. most flaws in video files are due to the qualities of the file itself. For general file burning, I'm currently using nero 7 ultra edition and magicISO. As for file sharing, pretty much everyone these days knows what a torrent file is and how they work, etc.
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

it based off the file downloaded.
    You may be able to change the ratio in some programs that it burns to, but often times that will skew the picture enev furture so.
    Just try to find reputabel guys toDL form on the torrent sites.
    Look for tags that mean ratio,HD,5.1 surround, etc.

On uTorrent, AXXIO and FXG are solid guys to use.
    I have Nero 7 Ultra also.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.71%

I don't even waste my time burning dl'ed movies anymore, once a year I get the unlimited blockbuster pass and you DVDshrink to rip a bunch of movies. If you are going to download something reading peoples comments before downloading the particular file helps sometimes as well.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.73%

I only download AXXO torrents, which are HQ DVD rips. Pretty much about 99.9% accurate to the real movie itself.

I think I have things figured out. I'll ask for more help if needed.
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.73%

So, I ended up successfully downloading a Family Guy movie as a torrent file on uTorrent. It completed and I opened it. I then used another program (Alcohol 120%) to turn the .AVI movie file into a .ISO image file, using the program's Image Making Wizard. Finally, I used ImgBurn to burn the .AVI-turned-.ISO file onto a disc, however, when I place the disc into my actual DVD player, it says 'Disc Loading' and then 'Open,' and the disc tray pops out. My computer and the disc (when in the hard drive) both say that the .ISO file is on the disc, but my DVD player isn't playing it.

Help please!
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

Go buy a program called 'VisualHub'. It's possibly the best DVD program out there. I've NEVER had a problem with it.
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.73%

How's the output quality, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    Go buy a program called 'VisualHub'. It's possibly the best DVD program out there. I've NEVER had a problem with it.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.68%

I only download AXXO torrents, which are HQ DVD rips. Pretty much about 99.9% accurate to the real movie itself.

I think I have things figured out. I'll ask for more help if needed.

AXXO is the MAN.

:bruce1:

Glad he is back from his little break.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.68%

So, I ended up successfully downloading a Family Guy movie as a torrent file on uTorrent. It completed and I opened it. I then used another program (Alcohol 120%) to turn the .AVI movie file into a .ISO image file, using the program's Image Making Wizard. Finally, I used ImgBurn to burn the .AVI-turned-.ISO file onto a disc, however, when I place the disc into my actual DVD player, it says 'Disc Loading' and then 'Open,' and the disc tray pops out. My computer and the disc (when in the hard drive) both say that the .ISO file is on the disc, but my DVD player isn't playing it.

Help please!

How old is your DVD player? Can it play burned DVD's? Some of the older ones don't work, only support DVD+ etc.

I broke down and bought a CHEAP progressive scan DVD player that plays Divx movies. I think it cost like $40 @ best buy. Now I just burn 5 or 6 Movie files onto a DVD and don't have to waste my time converting from Divx to DVD formats.

Saves me time AND money.
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.73%

FXG and TeamPirateLive are great as well!

Though I don't know AXXO personally, I got concerned about him after hearing all the rumors around TPB. I heard he went down in a gunfight against the cops (lmfao) and also heard he was in jail. I guess the one claim that made the most sense was that he felt he needed to step out of the limelight since he was becoming so famous on the Internet for ripping, and uploading new and unreleased movies. Makes sense, though, unless he wants to make it easier for himself to get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    AXXO is the MAN.

:bruce1:

Glad he is back from his little break.
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.73%

I believe it's only about 3-5 years old now. It's built-in to my Apex televesion. I've burned movies before, though very poor quality, and they played on my television so I must've done something wrong in the process.

I was using Alcohol 120%'s Image Making Wizard to turn the movie file into an image oone and then using ImgBurn to burn the image file to a disc.

The whole process took about an hour or so and the progress looked great. My computer and the program were cooperating. I put the disc in my DVD player and it did absolutely nothing.

How old is your DVD player? Can it play burned DVD's? Some of the older ones don't work, only support DVD+ etc.

I broke down and bought a CHEAP progressive scan DVD player that plays Divx movies. I think it cost like $40 @ best buy. Now I just burn 5 or 6 Movie files onto a DVD and don't have to waste my time converting from Divx to DVD formats.

Saves me time AND money.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.68%

I believe it's only about 3-5 years old now. It's built-in to my Apex televesion. I've burned movies before, though very poor quality, and they played on my television so I must've done something wrong in the process.

I was using Alcohol 120%'s Image Making Wizard to turn the movie file into an image oone and then using ImgBurn to burn the image file to a disc.

The whole process took about an hour or so and the progress looked great. My computer and the program were cooperating. I put the disc in my DVD player and it did absolutely nothing.

Did you convert from DivX during that process of making DVD? The decoding of DivX movies always took HOURS for me. 1 hour start to finish seems fast.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

How's the output quality, etc.?
    As good as it gets. The entire process of converting and burning to DVD takes, on average, 40 minutes. You really can't go wrong with VisualHub.
  15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.4%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Help please!

Try a different burning program. Try Nero. Personally all that sounds like a pain in the butt. Dvds are cheap these days anyway, you can get a used dvd movie for around $5.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.68%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Try a different burning program. Try Nero. Personally all that sounds like a pain in the butt. Dvds are cheap these days anyway, you can get a used dvd movie for around $5.
    Yeah except I get movies BEFORE they are released on DVD, sometimes while they are still in the theatre (NOT screeners).
  17. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

Yeah except I get movies BEFORE they are released on DVD, sometimes while they are still in the theatre (NOT screeners).
    Care to share?
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.68%

Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    Care to share?

Most of Axxo's stuff, if you keep current on it.
  19. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

best bet is to forget the whole burning thing, and get an xbox or xbox 360, network it, and keep xvid/divx files on your pc instead. hard drive space is cheap, you can get a 500gb drive for $60-70, that holds easy 400+ movies in xvid/divx

Similar Forum Threads

1. Free downloads for video/voice chat!
    By roids1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 12:05 PM
  2. Fat burner that only burns fat?
    By chris808costa in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 10:23 AM
  3. video downloads
    By Pushofabutton in forum MMA
    Replies: 2