I miss the highlander series

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Someone was talking about how crappy the indiana jones movie is in its respective thread, and mad ea side comment on how it sucks when a movie series goes to crap, and then comes the inevitable bad tv show, etc. It got me thinking how I liked the highlander series with adrian paul better than I liked the movie series though, heh.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Nothing beats The highlander movies with Sean Connery, but the TV show was actually really good. then that started to go down hill too.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Nothing beats The highlander movies with Sean Connery, but the TV show was actually really good. then that started to go down hill too.
whoah i didnt know sean did those? i gotta check them out soemtime

i really enjoyed the tv show when i was a kid with adrian paul

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Dude, it's the fricken quickening. Highlander fans coming together in a single thread. There can be only one.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Dude, it's the fricken quickening. Highlander fans coming together in a single thread. There can be only one.
Bah. We'd have the same problem in here as there is in the series. They all know there can only be one, yet they still band together to form their own little cliques and it takes aeons to get things really moving from a combat perspective. The only time we see any death is when finally an anti-hero comes along and does his job. Then, one of the goodie-two-shoes immortals has a good cry, for like 6 months, before setting out on a huge traveling quest to find and behead the killer. He could have just looked around the local area and had it done that same day, but no, there's the 6 month bawl fest that allows the killer to be god knows where in the world by then, change his identity, etc... :p

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
my hubby is a big fan.. there are 3 new direct to DVD movies going to be out soon. I think one is already out or something. Its with that adrian paul guy

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Adrian Paul was a PIMP in the highlander series. I tried to watch the spin off of it, I think it was called Raven, but it was horrible. I was pretty bummed on how they ended it all with him killing Richie and then just walking away.