Need help finding a place to re-size a ring

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I have a ring that is a size 9. It is not even all around, but has sorta a 'centerpiece' on the top. I need to size it down to probably an 8.5 instead b/c it moves too much on my ring finger. It is .925 sterling silver.

Any places that ppl know of who will do this and possibly what prices I might expect ?

Thanks.

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
I have a ring that is a size 9. It is not even all around, but has sorta a 'centerpiece' on the top. I need to size it down to probably an 8.5 instead b/c it moves too much on my ring finger. It is .925 sterling silver.

Any places that ppl know of who will do this and possibly what prices I might expect ?

Thanks.
Any jeweler should be able to do this. I don't think it's very expensive.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I remember having this done for around $30 a few years ago... shop around for the best price, I'd call 3 or more places and take the best price.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
That's what I was thinking was around 25-30.

I don't mind paying a bit more, but I want to make sure they do a good job.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
That's what I was thinking was around 25-30.

I don't mind paying a bit more, but I want to make sure they do a good job.
Dude I used to work at a jewelers. It's not that expensive. It's easy as hell to resize, they'll just stick a cross peice at the bottom. Had a clatter ring resized when I was younger. Don't remember how much it was, but it was very solid.

Ask the jeweler to place a "plate bridge" on the inside.(similar to a ring guard, but nicer looking). It's the cheapest and best way to go.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I thought that they can cut the ring and re-solidify it to make it smaller.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I thought that they can cut the ring and re-solidify it to make it smaller.

That is more expensive than the cross plate. Cross plate will prolly run you like $20-30, cutting it will run you more money...up into hundreds of dollars.