Need help with cardio equipment..

  1. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136024
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    12.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Need help with cardio equipment..


    I am having trouble deciding what to buy for a piece of cardio equipment for the house.

    Here are some of what i have narrowed it down to.
    Precor 5.17 elliptical- Wondering if i would miss the moving handles. Also don't believe it has Heart Rate.


    Life fitness X1


    Or some sort of treadmill in the 1k range..

    Just want something for LI Cardio, that will last a while, and not need a ton of maintenance.

    Any recommendations?

  2. New Member
    sf9ersfan8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    179
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

    ive been wanting to get a piece of equipment 2, but i was thinking about a 90$ bike from wally world, lol. + i dont know how accurate those heart rate things are? man those look like some exspensive pieces.
  3. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136024
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    12.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by sf9ersfan8 View Post
    ive been wanting to get a piece of equipment 2, but i was thinking about a 90$ bike from wally world, lol. + i dont know how accurate those heart rate things are? man those look like some exspensive pieces.
    They are pretty expensive new, but u can find them on craigs list for like 60-70% off new retail..
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33341
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    16.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    i like the precor. i use that at the gym. it is easy on the joints, plus i like the fact that you can make it 'uphill'.


    there are both of those machines but i never use the handles though.
  5. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136024
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    12.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    i like the precor. i use that at the gym. it is easy on the joints, plus i like the fact that you can make it 'uphill'.


    there are both of those machines but i never use the handles though.
    I am going to try the precor at my gym tomorrow.. I may go that route.. I found a life fitness comercial unit for a good price, but it is like 4 years old, and big and ugly looking..lol

    Also found a few nice tread mills.. **** i can't decide.
  6. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33341
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    16.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I opt usually for the elliptical if not just taking a walk around the neighborhood or something. I played soccer for too long and squatting heavy can make my knees tender so I try to avoid the impact if at all possible. Even walking on a treadmill on incline does a lot as well.

    I have a tendency to do moderate cardio for 45min-1hr vs. HIIT. I know people have their own opinions about both, but I prefer long/slower.
  7. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136024
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    12.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I opt usually for the elliptical if not just taking a walk around the neighborhood or something. I played soccer for too long and squatting heavy can make my knees tender so I try to avoid the impact if at all possible. Even walking on a treadmill on incline does a lot as well.

    I have a tendency to do moderate cardio for 45min-1hr vs. HIIT. I know people have their own opinions about both, but I prefer long/slower.
    At the gym i usually do the treadmill for 30-45 min, on a 10-15 incline at 3.6-3.8 speed.. I need the incline to get my HR to where i want it.

    I tried walking around the block and i cant get my HR up to where i need it, as it is so flat out here. I can't really run/jog because my knees take a pounding.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 10:22 PM
  2. Interval Cardio & Steady State Cardio
    By baz350 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 07:58 PM
  3. Need some cardio equipment
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 01:27 PM
  4. what equipment is best for cardio?
    By goes4ever in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 01:33 PM
  5. Cardio Equipment
    By Sticks in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 01:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in