Disappointment

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Indiana Jones, the new one, a disappointment. To anyone who has seen it, we should discuss WHY it was a disappointment.

I saw the trailer, and said to myself, "This is going to be an over the top film with the only wit involving reference to the past films."

Turns out sadly, I was right.

I won't start getting into the plotline, so as not to ruin it, because I highly suggest Indiana Jones fans still see the film. It's inevitable we all will, I know, so my suggestion is not needed. But after it's been out for a few more days, we can discuss why it was disappointing. I'd say it should be open to discussion by Wednesday, next weekend at the latest. Anyone who will have seen it will have seen it by then.

FVCK!!!!!!!!! It's a shltstain on the legacy of Indiana!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
There's a 2 page thread on another forum I post on with post after post about how bad it was.

Think I'll wait for video.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I saw it coming though. In the previews when Shia Lebouf goes "Your a teacher?" Then Harrison Ford says " Part time." I Threw up in my mouth a little bit. I used to watch the old indy movies like it was a religion. Raiders, and the last crusade, never cared for temple of doom much.

this movie was another paycheck for everyone involved, i felt cheap and used after i walked out of the theatre. Harrison ford warned everyone when he was on Conan. He said " this movie sucks" then he laughed, but i think he was just as sick about how it turned out as i was.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
The new Indiana Jones sucks.

The whole concept for the crystal skull and aliens was bad. With that you already know that it is going to be bad.

considering that speilburg and lucas were on it, I was expecting better.

That kid who looked like low-rent John Travolta with the leather jacket made me mad.

Quintin is still the best director ever.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i agree with all comments thus far, especially futurepilot's statement of feeling used after walking out of the theater. i felt like i was robbed. i wanted to cry a little.

The Last Crusade and Lost Ark were supposed to be semi-comedies of the old-school "what will he do?! find out next week on so and so" broadcasts/comics. They had incredible wit and comical action, as Indiana was not known for his James Bond-like movements.

Temple of Doom was dark as hell. I just watched it again after having not seen it for a few years. I forgot just how much VIOLENCE was in that one. But it too had the same qualities the other two did.

The problem with this one was that it deviated from the semi-believability of the others. Indiana escaped death about every two seconds from CGI traps. fvckin' CGI was used all to hell in this one! That's not how Indiana rolls! That's crap.
And also, there was a weak story. No story really. I mean, no good story anyhow. We have the ever-played-out "oh you left me and now you're back. Here, this is your son" type thing going on. ALIENS?!?!?!?! ALIENS?!?!?!!??!?! SHlT!?!?!?!?!?! Oh dear. I can't even think straight about this.

THIS MOVIE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN MADE.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
The old school movies were awesome. I grew up watching those. This new movie it was like they didn't even try. Waste of money producing such a film.

I really was getting sick of the movie even before half-way. It was poorly written and the acting was bad. If you haven't seen it yet, save your money. What a disappointment.

The ending was retarded. Alien concept was retarded. This was a bad movie in general.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i heard it was suspect and watched some of it online (Watch "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" Movie - Watch Movies Online For Free Full Movie Downloads), glad i didn't waste my hard earned $$$ on going to see it at the cinema), it's sad when a classic series like this turns to crap, there'll proabably be a tv series starting soon like terminators sarah connor chronicles (sucks fat ones btw!) called the indiana jones chronicles which will suck even more!!

is it just me or does everything George Lucas have anything to do with these days suck a-holes!!!

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
it's sad when a classic series like this turns to crap, there'll proabably be a tv series starting soon like terminators sarah connor chronicles (sucks fat ones btw!) called the indiana jones chronicles which will suck even more!!

is it just me or does everything George Lucas have anything to do with these days suck a-holes!!!
they already did a young indiana jones series in the early 90's, I honestly don't remember if it sucked or not, probably did. And yes, george lucas has been living off past accomplishments for most of his career now imo.