Buy American Gas

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Got this in an email....

I think this is some important information, I had no idea that we could buy gas from companies that do not import from the Middle East, read on.

WHERE TO BUY AMERICAN GASOLINE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON.

Gas rationing in the 70's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even have been good for us!

Are you aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products?

Shouldn't we return the favor? Can't we take control of our own destiny and let these giant oil importers know who REALLY generates their profits, their livings? How about leaving American Dollars in America and reduce the import/export deficit?

An appealing remedy might be to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill up my tank, I'm sending my money to people who I get the impression want me, my family and my friends dead. Don't you think it might be of interest to know which oil companies import Middle Eastern oil and which do not?

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell...................................205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco.................. 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil....................... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway............ 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco................................ 62,231,000 barrels

And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez who hates America and openly avows our economic destruction! (We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)

The U.S. currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day from OPEC. If you do the math at $95 per barrel, that's over $524 million PER DAY ($191 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many of whose members are our confirmed enemies!!!!!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:
Sunoco....................... 0 barrels
Conoco....................... 0 barrels
Sinclair....................... 0 barrels
BP / Phillips................ 0 barrels
Hess. ................................................. 0 barrels
ARC0.......................................... 0 barrels
Maverick............ .......... 0 barrels
Flying J. ........................................... 0 barrels
Valero.......................... 0 barrels
· I AM GOING TO ADD THE FOLLOWING… J

Murphy Oil USA sold at Wal-Mart is from South Arkansas and owned USA
Not only that they give scholarships to all children in their town who finish high school and are legal US citizens. All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of Energy and each company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't this backfire, if everyone did it, after a while? our oil reserves would depleted much faster. america doesn't have too much natural texas-T, especially to support all these SUV driving soccer-moms.

plus the saudis are our allies. without their oil we'd be paying much higher prices.

i can see boycotting citgo cuz of that idiot chavez, but i dont see boycotting saudi oil at the moment. 1/4 of the world's oil supply comes from that country. and the saudis have been very cooperative in the war on terror, and have for a long time been supporters of the West. (Probably cuz we get them rich.)

Hell, our ports are run by a company run out of Dubai. Now that's freaky. :)

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
terrible idea. sorry but as said above, itll just force us into buying more export.
Same goes the other way though, we buy all that, they will raise the price on "local" oil when we really really need it.

At this point, i buy whats cheap. I know some burns different and better, but these are hard times.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
My question is: whens it gonna stop going up?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
when someone gets into office that can handle the situation. Bush keeps pushing and crap, there are alot of factors, but they have the bull(america) by the balls with this one. We need it, they know it. Welcome the this great country which soon faces another Depression....

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
we have plenty of oil right here in the USA. The thing that is holding us back are the environmentalist whackos who will not let us build new refineries on American soil, henceforth, we export our oil to refineries in other countries.

These are the same people who wish to send money overseas to help poor, starving kids when we have the same issues right here.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
The increase in gas prices isn't a reflection of the increase in the cost of a barrel of oil. The cost of a barrel of oil that gets talked about everyday on the news and the stock market is the cost of oil for future contracts. Let me break it down for you. These large oil corporations are still buying oil at the price 2-5 years ago because they lock in long-term contracts. The cost of gasoline increases A) because the cost of refining increases, B) because the demand of gasoline worldwide continues to climb as countries like China and India develop further, and C) because the US government has one of the highest taxation rates on gasoline of any developed nation.

So if you want someone to blame, its your senators taxing the **** out of gas and developing countries who all the sudden find a large need for fuel gases. It really has nothing to do with the increase in the cost of a barrel of oil. Thats just panic because with the increase in demand not slowing, the production of oil cannot keep up.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
we have plenty of oil right here in the USA. The thing that is holding us back are the environmentalist whackos who will not let us build new refineries on American soil, henceforth, we export our oil to refineries in other countries.

These are the same people who wish to send money overseas to help poor, starving kids when we have the same issues right here.
you are 100% correct on this one.