Looking for a new phone

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.34%

Looking for a new phone

I'm due for a new phone (Verizon wireless). Anyone have any good recommendations? I'm not looking for anything too fancy. Camera, bluetooth, and possibly a keyboard is all I'm really looking for..I'm not into mp3, expanded memory, internet, e-mail, or any of that.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by psulifter View Post
    I'm due for a new phone (Verizon wireless). Anyone have any good recommendations? I'm not looking for anything too fancy. Camera, bluetooth, and possibly a keyboard is all I'm really looking for..I'm not into mp3, expanded memory, internet, e-mail, or any of that.
    That is light years ahead of my cell lol, I have had the same one since 2003, I am lucky when the thing even rings when people call. Maybe its time I get a new phone as well lol
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.34%

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    I have had the same one since 2003
    Dude, thats impressive. I've broken phones in so many stupid ways. I have a razr that I've managed not to break for 2 years and I thought it was an accomplishment...
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%

Yeah, this one has been through hell too, I tipped a canoe a few years ago and thought I lost the phone about an hour later I rowed past the same spot and seen it sitting on bank of mud I went over a it had one missed call on it, I couldn't believe it worked let alone stayed on.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  5. PES Rep
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85%

Dude, thats impressive. I've broken phones in so many stupid ways. I have a razr that I've managed not to break for 2 years and I thought it was an accomplishment...
    i've manages to break phones pretty easily but i have to say i'm impressed that you were able to keep a razr for that long... i went through 2 of them in a matter of a couple of months, now I have a blackjack from at&t and have to admit its the best phone I've ever had.
  6. PES Rep
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85%

the blackjack would be my recommendation but you'd have to switch to at&t and depends on whether you're happy w/ your verizon coverage
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.34%

Yeah, verizon wireless seems fine. I shopped around a while back and all of the major carriers are about the same as far as price and coverage.

I'm a little worried about getting a phone like a blackjack or BB because of the large unprotected screen. I feel like I would scratch the **** out of it pretty fast. Also, I don't really need/want a PDA-type phone...I really want a phone that is a phone first, and all that other stuff second, if at all
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.97%

enV, enV2, or voyager, depending on how much you wanna spend. I personally text a lot and will never get another phone without a keyboard. I have the enV and have nothing bad to say about it whatsoever
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.34%

Quote Originally Posted by warnerve View Post
    enV, enV2, or voyager, depending on how much you wanna spend. I personally text a lot and will never get another phone without a keyboard. I have the enV and have nothing bad to say about it whatsoever
    Yeah, I'm leaning toward an enV as I text a good bit also. Thanks warnerve..
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.97%

Yeah, I'm leaning toward an enV as I text a good bit also. Thanks warnerve..
    no prob man, like I said, it's great for texting and I have had no problem with it, even though I've dropped it a million times. Dunno what your budget is, but you can get it for about 80 if your plan is up for renewal
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  140 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.46%

DO NOT get the voyager or chocolate.
    The voyager is way over priced for what it can do.

the chocolate scratches extremely easily.
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.97%

yeah, i forgot to mention that, my mom got a chocolate and my sister and brother got the venus, they all ended up with new phones within the first 4 or 5 months because the verizon touch screen messes up so much
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.34%

I always kind of assumed the chocolate and venus were geared for girls because of the names, (even though I'm not sure how if you can even design a cell phone for a gender?) I wish they would come up with some better, manlier phone names, like the "destroyer" or the "diesel"

"Hey man, i like your new phone...what is that, the "terminator"? Cool dude."
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.6%

the samsung that flips out to a keyboard for verizon is nice I actually sold cell phones for a living
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.01%

Yeah, verizon wireless seems fine. I shopped around a while back and all of the major carriers are about the same as far as price and coverage.

I'm a little worried about getting a phone like a blackjack or BB because of the large unprotected screen. I feel like I would scratch the **** out of it pretty fast. Also, I don't really need/want a PDA-type phone...I really want a phone that is a phone first, and all that other stuff second, if at all
    I got a blackjack (I have AT&T)
    I got a case and a screen protector off ebay for like $10 total. Keeps the phone from breaking when I drop it, and the screen protector has taken a few good hits already..and it just holds on with static cling, so it wont leave any glue behind.

I love the bj... it can do 5+ things at once... amazing phone, just takes time to get used to the keyboard.

I go through a phone every 12 months or so... my last samsung lasted me about 18 months and I dropped it at least once a day. Im somewhat clumsy with phones.
  16. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.99%

Quote Originally Posted by Palo Alto Labs View Post
    I got a case and a screen protector off ebay for like $10 total. Keeps the phone from breaking when I drop it, and the screen protector has taken a few good hits already..and it just holds on with static cling, so it wont leave any glue behind.

I love the bj... it can do 5+ things at once... amazing phone, just takes time to get used to the keyboard.

I go through a phone every 12 months or so... my last samsung lasted me about 18 months and I dropped it at least once a day. Im somewhat clumsy with phones.
    I have a iphone that I hacked. I hate the AT&T plan for it so I got tmobile for it instead. Just got me a rubber protector for the sides and back. Its pretty durable considering i dropped it and it slammed to the ground pretty hard. Looks fragile as hell though.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

dont get the voyager its a waste its what i have nuttin special on it just settle for an envy. or the new envy
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.64%

I love my Moto Q9m.

I do use email, bluetooth, MP3, videos, camera, internet, etc. from it though.

Fantastic reception, 'feel', keyboard is great.

Smoking deal on it when you reup with VZW. I got mine for $29.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.34%

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    I love my Moto Q9m.

I do use email, bluetooth, MP3, videos, camera, internet, etc. from it though.

Fantastic reception, 'feel', keyboard is great.

Smoking deal on it when you reup with VZW. I got mine for $29.
    Interesting. I'll have to check this out..thanks x
  20. PES Rep
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85%

Quote Originally Posted by Palo Alto Labs View Post

Have you installed MS Office on that phone? I installed on mine and it has made this phone much better... i can sync my meetings and run excel on it which is what i use at the gym to track my work outs
  21. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.85%

I use a HTC TYTN and love it. In its leather case I have dropped it plenty of times and nothing has ever happened. I use the screen protector that comes with it it and the actual touch screen has never been damaged. I'm on rogers in Canada so in the USA I would probably have the TILT(renamed and branded for the US market) which is the newer model of this phone. It's more like having a tiny laptop. The QWERTY Keyboard slides out at an angle. Most phone with Keyboards WILL have MP3 etc etc but just think of it as a bonus. Its kinda clunky/big like a BB but since I can put tons of freeware on it thats distributed online I have customized it the way I want. Or if you want to wait, I know I will be getting the "Sony Erikson: Xperia" when it comes out. Similar design (they hired the company that makes my phone to make it) but its thiner, faster, has AGPS, Metal Body and more user friendly.

Another mention about the phone I currently use. I clip the case/phone to the back of my belt during workouts.I use the Motorola S9 bluetooth headset and its amazing. No more wires getting in the way at the gym. Not so great for when you have to put your head against a bench however. But everything else its really nice to have. Play, pause, volume, skip track and answer call all by tapping the side of the headset.

Similar Forum Threads

1. I Phone
    By Deeerdre in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 10:33 AM
  2. need cell phone help
    By sweet-physique in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 09:24 PM
  3. Phone consultation fee......
    By spinn in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8