Grand theft auto 4!!!

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
anyone else playing it? i played it for a couple of hours today sweet game lol my girlfriend bought it for me, the best gift a guy could ask for imo

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
yea I'm playing. Legit game. The whole story line and Niko Bellic is extremely well done. Plus GTA is remains in the top 2 in regards to a concept game.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Awesome game! The story is very immersive. At first glance, it's the same as the others but the longer you play it, the more little details they put in become apparent. The city seems more alive. And crashing your car, flying thru the windshield and having your body slam into a pedestrian killing him is freaking AWESOME! It's the little things that count I guess.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome game! The story is very immersive. At first glance, it's the same as the others but the longer you play it, the more little details they put in become apparent. The city seems more alive. And crashing your car, flying thru the windshield and having your body slam into a pedestrian killing him is freaking AWESOME! It's the little things that count I guess.
Running over pedestrians has never been more fun. :D

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
anyone else playing it? i played it for a couple of hours today sweet game lol my girlfriend bought it for me, the best gift a guy could ask for imo
i got a 80gig ps3 for xmas from my girlfriend better gift than yours imo :D

i saw some videos on youtube on the multiplayer gta4. looks awesome definately gonna get this. Hopefully it will get me out of my socom online addiction!

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
Nice not much of a ps3 fan though she got me my wii since she likes to play it most of the time. First time I flew through the windshield i slammed into a fire hydrant

dazilla

dazilla

Awards
  • Established
Its a really good game... i'm only 25% into it and love it

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i heard most people dont even play single player....the multiplayer is that fvckn good! anyone have comments on the online play?

dazilla

dazilla

Awards
  • Established
Online is fun..but trying to finish the single player first... just the way i like to do things... But when i get stuck on a mission I play online for a little while.. .

J

justing

Awards
shortly after doing the dl for gta3, my ps3 broke. as in, it cant read games anymore

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I'm stuck, I can't pass the race for brucie or the follow the train mission for manny. anyone want my game save to pass them for me please? lol

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
ps3 sucks balls, dude the race for brucie is easy just dont smash into things the other guys will tear their own cars up just stay in second for a lil bit then take out the guy in first after half the other guys are gone, and as far as mannys mission keep ur eye on the mini map and use the same car that you race with in brucies cuz it corners really good

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
piston pump ur avatar is the best thing ive ever seen btw

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
im playing it right now im bout almost done with the main story line im trying to get the liberty city achievement

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
ps3 sucks balls, dude the race for brucie is easy just dont smash into things the other guys will tear their own cars up just stay in second for a lil bit then take out the guy in first after half the other guys are gone, and as far as mannys mission keep ur eye on the mini map and use the same car that you race with in brucies cuz it corners really good
right, ps3 sucks balls because? waiting for an answer based on hardware, game library, operating system, pricing schemes, etc, etc. Last I checked (and it's been a while honestly) You need hacks to run linux on a 360, with a ps3 it can run natively, and therefore, it can also run windows through wine. Does the Xbox connect to any portable gaming device? I must say it is pretty cool to leave a classic playstation game in my ps3 while traveling, be able to turn it on via the internet with my psp, and play it remotely. It's also nice not to have to pay to use online services, much less buy an overpriced adapter to use wifi either. My major deciding factor between choosing a ps3 over a 360 (since I've had a Wii for over a year and don't like it) is that even the 'elite' xbox model is notorious for overheating and breaking down. Well, that, and any time I want a nice machine with ATI graphics cards and chipsets, I can simply build a desktop computer, and the ps3 functions as a decently priced blu-ray player as well. It seems i was right when thinking blu-ray would become more popular than HDDVD, which is good since blu ray media holds more information.

dazilla

dazilla

Awards
  • Established
I love my PS3... will never buy a Microsoft product if i don't have to

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
ps3 is cool dont get me wrong, especially blu ray thats effing awesome but ps3 comes with alot of problems just like xbox if not more, having to dl some bs everytime u wanna play a new game? personally i like my 360 its easy to modd (got my old school emulators on it) i can leave it on for hours and it wont freeze, dont have to dl **** and worry about it breaking down

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
having to dl some bs everytime u wanna play a new game? personally i like my 360 its easy to modd (got my old school emulators on it) i can leave it on for hours and it wont freeze, dont have to dl **** and worry about it breaking down
yeah, sony does that because people love the emulators and homebrew software, myself included. so, every time there's an 'update'. more often than not it's only real function is firmware security. I can't blame them though, I mean, the only reason I haven't modded-out my ps3 is because it cost my gf 600 bucks
to give it to me as an xmas present and I'd hate to wreck it. I'll have to see if wii's are finally easy to come by so I can finally mod mine. Some math freak at my local community college was telling me that people were going to be setting up independant servers that held all of the downloadable content for wii's, so after you mod it you could connect to their server as opposed to nintendo and just grab what you want. I'd feel very uncomfortable with hardwiring my system in a way that would likely give a 3rd party control over my internet connections though. I miss having a modded system bad though, I modded my ps2 but gave it away to some guy whose parents were dead and he had just gotten out of jail and had no real friends except
those he knew from his church.

dazilla

dazilla

Awards
  • Established
I do agree Sony does have problems... but the red light for the 360 was crazy..

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sony ps3 ftw! blu-ray player is awesome. i have had zero glitches or fvck ups so far with mine.

M

MikeyK12345

Awards
I have it for ps3

PM me if you want to add me

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i put this game on hold yesterday gonna go pick it up today.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
right, ps3 sucks balls because? waiting for an answer based on hardware, game library, operating system, pricing schemes, etc, etc. Last I checked (and it's been a while honestly) You need hacks to run linux on a 360, with a ps3 it can run natively, and therefore, it can also run windows through wine. Does the Xbox connect to any portable gaming device? I must say it is pretty cool to leave a classic playstation game in my ps3 while traveling, be able to turn it on via the internet with my psp, and play it remotely. It's also nice not to have to pay to use online services, much less buy an overpriced adapter to use wifi either. My major deciding factor between choosing a ps3 over a 360 (since I've had a Wii for over a year and don't like it) is that even the 'elite' xbox model is notorious for overheating and breaking down. Well, that, and any time I want a nice machine with ATI graphics cards and chipsets, I can simply build a desktop computer, and the ps3 functions as a decently priced blu-ray player as well. It seems i was right when thinking blu-ray would become more popular than HDDVD, which is good since blu ray media holds more information.

What if you really don't like playing games that much anymore?. I used to play games a lot when I was in high school and a few years after with the Super NES and Nintendo 64. Now I just don't find games fun anymore. I have a Wii though. I don't even play it that much. Really I don't understand the draw of video games. What I really don't understand is the people that build a pc just for games and spend at $600 to $800 just on one of the video cards, and people use 4 way SLI these days!!. What a waste of money!.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
What if you really don't like playing games that much anymore?. I used to play games a lot when I was in high school and a few years after with the Super NES and Nintendo 64. Now I just don't find games fun anymore. I have a Wii though. I don't even play it that much. Really I don't understand the draw of video games. What I really don't understand is the people that build a pc just for games and spend at $600 to $800 just on one of the video cards, and people use 4 way SLI these days!!. What a waste of money!.
yeah,
sadly the pc hardware industry is like the supplement industry. You need to spend a bit of money for quality stuff, but what they want you to buy is the overpriced crap that claims to give you power and ability you'll never really see, much less put to use. It is awfully fun to shop around though.

Video games have been my #1 hobby since I was a toddler, but they just don't grab me like they used too, even the story-rich rpg's like final fantasy, etc. which I would say are my favorite kind to play, just seem tedious now.
I mean, I can't remember the last time an rpg came out that didn't need a fully illustrated brady guide or it's own website built by entire communities of die hard fans just to be sure you don't miss out on half the fun with all the secrets
and side quests. I used to scoff a bit at the FPS players just because I thought they were so shallow in comparison, and now, call of duty 4 is one of my favorite games to play because you can pick it up for half an hour and set it down,and not have to worry about wether or not you completed the supersecret objective/mission/prize item hunt.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
some people like to be nerds some like to be buff i like to get caught in the both

D

Deegin

Awards
i heard most people dont even play single player....the multiplayer is that fvckn good! anyone have comments on the online play?
From the little bit of the multiplayer that I've played.. it's good. The multiplayer with friends is a blast to play.

I've been focusing mainly on the singleplayer though. Normally I'm the kind of guy that completely blows off the singleplayer and goes right to multiplayer only.. not this time though.. the story is really fun to follow. I think GTA 4 is going to be the only game where I play through the singleplayer story more than once.