Any National Guards here?

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
I've thought about joining part-time and working full-time, or attending college.

I've been doing some reading about the Guard online, but I'd rather hear some feedback from those who have actual experience.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Active Duty Navy Corpsman Here!!!

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
I could enter the College First program, but will enlist and be on Active Duty. My college will get paid for, but I can't picture myself attending college full-time if I'm wanting to work at Customs and be a part-time Guard. I'll get the benefits and pay from both, and can always go to college later. I'd eventually like to choose to be an MP as my MOS.

Just wondering what I should look forward to during Basic.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I could enter the College First program, but will enlist and be on Active Duty. My college will get paid for, but I can't picture myself attending college full-time if I'm wanting to work at Customs and be a part-time Guard. I'll get the benefits and pay from both, and can always go to college later. I'd eventually like to choose to be an MP as my MOS.

Just wondering what I should look forward to during Basic.
like anything in life, basic seems like the WORLD while your in it, but later when it's done and you look back you're like that was a joke. the 8 years that i have been in have been some of the best in my life, even when it was hard. And this comes from someone who did not join right out of high school. of course i will say it's not for everyone. no matter what EVERYONE has to deal with bullshit! It's just a matter of what kind of bullshit you're willing to deal with.

if you want to know more about being active duty just PM me bro

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
now ask yourself.....do you really wanna go navy?

or have you not decided on a branch yet. because i'd think its differant in each branch