I've been sober since September, but almost failed a probation drug test...

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
Could I be drinking too much water? Could any of the supplements that I'm taking be altering my urine?

It threw the POs off because I've been sober since September, even though I've only been on probation since November. I haven't touched marijuana at all. The last thing I smoked was salvia divinorum, but that was back in early February and just to try it.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, you can be drinking too much water.

Too dilute will show as a false negative. So a false negative can be interpreted as a positive depending upon the lab, the technician or the PO.

Did you test positive for something? What exactly did you test positive for?

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
They tested me for opiates, cocaine and marijuana. The tests have a litmus paper labeled C for 'Control,' which shows that the test is working and a red line shows. The litmus paper labeled T for 'Test,' shows whether or not you pass. If the red line doesn't appear, then it's positive. If it does, then it's negative. The line just barely showed. I offered to take another test for them since they questioned me about the last time I smoked marijuana. I didn't get any heat and didn't violate probation since the line showed up, but it vaguely did, which concerned me. I took the test rather early in the morning, so I hadn't had much of anything to eat or drink. My urine looked like dark apple juice, which must've meant that I was dehydrated. But the first thing that came to mind was maybe I was drinking too much water because I usually drink about 3-6 liters per day.

I figured it had to be caused by drinking a lot of water. None of the supplements I'm taking could alter my urine or cause me to fail a drug test, especially one for recreational drugs.

Yes, you can be drinking too much water.

Too dilute will show as a false negative. So a false negative can be interpreted as a positive depending upon the lab, the technician or the PO.

Did you test positive for something? What exactly did you test positive for?

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your urine will have to be clear and then it will show as inconclusive if they send it to the labs.Litmus paper will simply show +or-.I knew many people who would quit smoking 3 days before a test and drink lots of water to the point of peeing clear and passed numerous times with litmus paper.

How'd you like the salvia?I bought some that was 10x.basically the hash version of salvia and they had 5x,10x,15x,20x and this is how much stronger it is than the regular leaf version.I used a water pipe and a torch lighter as suggested cause the active chemical has a high vaporizing point.The first couple times I took 2 hits and felt pretty loopy.Finally I said fvck it,I'm taking 4 hits,one after the other,and holding my breath 30 seconds each time.On the fourth hit it hit me hard and I went into another world and couldn't figure out how I got there or why I was there.It was not fun.I ate acid and shrooms a few times and that was weak compared to the salvia trip.I spilt the water pipe on my lap from dropping it and when I "came to" I honestly thought I pissed my pants from being so scared.I couldn't tell myslef I was only tripping and calm down.I was staright up out of it and in another world with card people.Kings,jacks,and queens.

sf9ersfan8

sf9ersfan8

Awards
do you think the salvia did it? i know its legal in mst states. i dont smoke or nothing nut how was it? i've been hearing more & more about it.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
do you think the salvia did it? i know its legal in mst states. i dont smoke or nothing nut how was it? i've been hearing more & more about it.
I'm not proud of this,but it's like huffing at lower doses.It doesn't last very long at all either.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The last thing I smoked was salvia divinorum, but that was back in early February and just to try it.
Technically then you have only been sober since February. You have abstained form illegal mind altering chemical and substances since September.

Just a technicality? Only you can judge that.

Additionally, abstinence and sobriety are not mutually exclusive.

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
Well, I've been sober from alcohol and any illegal recreational drugs.

Still, salvia wouldn't cause me to fail a drug test.

I've always naturally drank a lot of water. I love it. Could probation actually accuse me of trying to cheat a drug test, or request that I lower my water intake? That'd be ridiculous.

Technically then you have only been sober since February. You have abstained form illegal mind altering chemical and substances since September.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, I've been sober from alcohol and any illegal recreational drugs.

Still, salvia wouldn't cause me to fail a drug test.

I've always naturally drank a lot of water. I love it. Could probation actually accuse me of trying to cheat a drug test, or request that I lower my water intake? That'd be ridiculous.
No way man!The labs check and make sure the urine has been diluted but the litmus paper won't detect that.It was probably a fluke.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whats your BF% beefcake?That pretty heavy for 5'8"I only hope I can hit 200 one day.

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
I do not know, but I will find out and get back to you. I'm more muscle than fat. I've been lifting for about a year now and I also played sports all through my childhood up until high school. I'm very solid.

Whats your BF% beefcake?That pretty heavy for 5'8"I only hope I can hit 200 one day.

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
The negative line (passing) just barely showed on the marijuana test. They questioned me about it, but explained to them that I haven't smoked pot since last year. Around September sometime. I do drink tons of water, but I'm hoping it won't cause a problem with probation.

No way man!The labs check and make sure the urine has been diluted but the litmus paper won't detect that.It was probably a fluke.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The negative line (passing) just barely showed on the marijuana test. They questioned me about it, but explained to them that I haven't smoked pot since last year. Around September sometime. I do drink tons of water, but I'm hoping it won't cause a problem with probation.
I drink tons of water and am on probation too.I get lots of test from mine.I got one the last two times I seen him.Water will only dilute your urine.So since it was apple juice colored it wasn't diluted cause it will be clear when diluted.I mean just like water if you drink alot.This is when they will question you is when you hand them a cup thats clear when they just watched you fill it up.Now they(should)know that you have been drinking tons of water to dilute it.Since nothing happened though it's perfectly fine now.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Beefcake, I'm also on probatioin, it gets real frusterating doesn't it! Salvia will not show up on a test, I was in the same boat, but it's not illegel! And as long as you streight, dont worry, I have had results show up weird too, just deny using, they will send it to a lab, and the will pull every single thing out of it, and tell you the amount. I had one show up for opiates, but i did take hydro, I had a script, but when the sent it to the labs, the show caffine, nicotine, sudafed, hydro, by products of hydro. The dip test they use in office suck! One showed that I was on OXYS! Went to the lab, showed that i wasnt.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established

Technically, You dont know that he has been sober at all.

actually you can be clean and not be sober ........splitting hairs i know.

Friend of Bill W since 1998........... However, i fell off the wagon to sativa last year...Alcohol was my DOC.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Technically, You dont know that he has been sober at all.

actually you can be clean and not be sober ........splitting hairs i know.

Friend of Bill W since 1998........... However, i fell off the wagon to sativa last year...Alcohol was my DOC.
You're preaching to the choir brother. Self destruction was my drug of choice. It came in liquid, herbal and powder forms...bulk prices made it even more cost destructive :D