MTV2: True Life: I'm on Steroids, Today @ 1PM Eastern Time

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
I haven't seen this episode yet and do enjoy this show. Not sure how many of you have seen it, but some of you might be interested. Just thought I'd share.

The description on cable says, "Young people use steroids to push their bodies to superhuman strengths."

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
is this new? i thought this episode aired years ago...

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
I'm assuming it's the old one since MTV2 has been having True Life marathons lately. I might've seen it, but I'm not so sure, so I'm watching it anyways. Just figured I'd start a thread for people to talk about it and tune in if they haven't seen it. I'm sure we could all relate. lol

is this new? i thought this episode aired years ago...

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Yea its probably the old one. The body builder who wants to be huge so he can get the cover, a gay guy who wants to guys to eye F him at the bar, and a mma guy who takes roids so he can be decent (and if I recall has mad roid rage and is a blatant cheater).

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
I don't think I've seen this one. I have seen the 'I want the perfect body' episode. One of the people was an 'all-natural' bodybuilder. I think his name was Anthony and he was entering competitions.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Yea there are two difference "I want the perfect body episodes" both of which are drug free. Then there is the steroids one (which honestly puts them in a further dark light because some of the individuals use them ignorantly.)

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
I'm now awaiting 'True Life: I use steroids responsibly.'

Yea there are two difference "I want the perfect body episodes" both of which are drug free. Then there is the steroids one (which honestly puts them in a further dark light because some of the individuals use them ignorantly.)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the episode was one of the original true lifes, and the people on it are the exact reasons steriods get a bad rap. The show is worth watching as a comedy though. Just wait til the guys working out in the gym doing curls with like 110 or something and then it goes to a shot of him say how he feels like zeus.

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
I like some of the shows and stuff they do, but a lot of it is rather annoying.

MTV sucks. Worst channel on cable. I wish I could switch it out for a better channel. Most worthless channel.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I remember watching this old episode.

All those guys are crazy.

My favorite line was the gay guy who said he put an inch on his arms in 3 weeks. Then one of his friends asked couldn't you do it without taking steroids ?

He replied, 'Yeah, like in 3 months !'

...classic.

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
I can't take this gay guy seriously. I'm sorry.

As for the MMA fighter; I can somewhat relate. We all know people who don't agree with our steroid usage. Hell, my most recent dating partner was disturbed by it. I'm not injecting yet, but still taking oral ones. She used to ***** at me and threaten to leave me. I knew it wouldn't last anyhow, so no big deal.

The aspiring fitness model guy doesn't seem that bad.

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
This gay guy is an idiot.

Who goes around and boasts, "It's all about the cycles, baby!"

He's also getting pissed off and just being like, "I'll get all 'roid rage on your asses!"

Hm.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would say the average AS user doesnt use them responsibly and the responsible ones are a rare breed. It's hard to properly use something that has so many myths floating about and so many ways of using it with most of it not being based on science or fact. It requires a lot of patience and research to use it the right way and let's face it folks... Most people use AS because of not wanting to wait :)

I believe those who use to only push past injury or genetic/social limits are the exception not the rule.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't take this gay guy seriously. I'm sorry.

As for the MMA fighter; I can somewhat relate. We all know people who don't agree with our steroid usage. Hell, my most recent dating partner was disturbed by it. I'm not injecting yet, but still taking oral ones. She used to ***** at me and threaten to leave me. I knew it wouldn't last anyhow, so no big deal.

The aspiring fitness model guy doesn't seem that bad.
I think he was taking winny, which is horrible for fighting. Sh*t is brutal on connective tissue. The injects are much safer than the orals and if I decide to do another cycle, then it will be injects only and no orals.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I would say the average AS user doesnt use them responsibly and the responsible ones are a rare breed. It's hard to properly use something that has so many myths floating about and so many ways of using it with most of it not being based on science or fact. It requires a lot of patience and research to use it the right way and let's face it folks... Most people use AS because of not wanting to wait :)

I believe those who use to only push past injury or genetic/social limits are the exception not the rule.
yep, most users research doesn't really go beyond asking their supplier how many to take per day and how long.

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
I was surprised that he won that match, including the other two following it.

I think he was taking winny, which is horrible for fighting. Sh*t is brutal on connective tissue. The injects are much safer than the orals and if I decide to do another cycle, then it will be injects only and no orals.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, you said that Winny is very harsh on connective tissue, so wouldn't that put him more at risk of injury?
Yes, but many fighters, for whatever reason, use winny in their prep. There is a lot of pain that can be ignored during a fight. I have said this many times before-everyone is hurt by fight time, it is just to what exent.