Had to ban another fast food joint today :sad:

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was waiting for my food and seen that Burger King has trans fat in just about everything.I already banned Mc Donalds well over a year ago for this.Here all along I've been getting it from BK and not realisng it :sad: I thought it was just MCadees and KFC that had trans fat,but KFC got rid of their trans fat a while ago from being sued for not listing it in the ingredients.It seems Chick Fila is the way to go.No trans fat or cholesterol from the cooking oil and much less overall fat than others.They use peanut oil.I'm just going to start asking every place if they have trans fat in the food before ordering now.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
If you read about chick fillet they actually bread there own chicken, once it arrives... any how whats you obsession with fast food?? I cant remember the last time I had fast food....

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you read about chick fillet they actually bread there own chicken, once it arrives... any how whats you obsession with fast food?? I cant remember the last time I had fast food....
I like fast food cause I am all around and out and about when working.I bring turkey,fish,chicken,and sometimes beef to work with me.But it gets very old eating cold dry meat and drinking cold oatmeal all day every day.I need many cals every day and it's so hard to get them with cold,dry,bland food while doing a physical job when eating is the last thing you want to do.I need to cut back and I have.I prefer to have restauraunt food instead but sometimes our schedule wont allow it.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
who cares about trans fat load me up. Im cutting soon so byby fast food for a few months. I will miss you dearly:sad:

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
who cares about trans fat load me up. Im cutting soon so byby fast food for a few months. I will miss you dearly:sad:
I'm not a health nut by any means but trans fat is horrible for you.You can't process it so it either gets stored as fat or inside the arteries I believe.I'm cool with fat that can be used as energy.Especially with my high metabolism and physical job.I'm not cool with fat that will kill you.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
November 2002 is the last time I had fast food (Other than Sub Way/Publix Subs). It made me sick as hell.
What is your physical job?

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
November 2002 is the last time I had fast food (Other than Sub Way/Publix Subs). It made me sick as hell.
What is your physical job?
I build fences.I'm not going to eat fast food today and I'm going to limit it much more from now on.One thing I did before was to get a burger or something but eat my cold oatmeal and instead of eating fries.I will also reinforce this.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I googled transfat and one site told me that trans fat lowers good cholesterol and raises bad cholesterol(I only allow designers to do that :lol:)cloggs arteries,and contributes to health conditions such as heart disease and type II diabetes.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
i thought mcdonalds had banned al trans fats? im sure i read about it about 6 months ago.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You have to take care of yourself now in order to be able to do so when you're older. Try cutting back as much as you can. Maybe substitute fires for a salad... Good Luck man!
I build fences.I'm not going to eat fast food today and I'm going to limit it much more from now on.One thing I did before was to get a burger or something but eat my cold oatmeal and instead of eating fries.I will also reinforce this.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i thought mcdonalds had banned al trans fats? im sure i read about it about 6 months ago.
They have to get rid of it in NY eventually and I believ it's in another country(other than USA)where they already banned it.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You have to take care of yourself now in order to be able to do so when you're older. Try cutting back as much as you can. Maybe substitute fires for a salad... Good Luck man!
Yeah I know.I'm trying to get my BP under control right now.I'm only 22 but it runs in my family.Like I said I'll substitute fries for oatmeal.I need the carbs even while cutting.I found this out a little while ago.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do you have Culvers there? They have awsome mushroom and swiss burgers. They grill it while you wait ! Yumm I only get it once every 6 months or so because its fattening.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
mmmmm, mushroom swiss burgers are great! Home-made is the best :D

MB

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If one makes fast food a staple for their food consumption then being selective is paramount. Some people have work and lifestyle issues that require the convenience of eating out or fast food frequently. Fortunately I don't.

I eat so well 98% of the time that when I eat sh1t I want my monies worth. :D

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I could be wrong, but with the exception of Chick fila, I think the replacement most fast food joints use is still just as unhealthy for you.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the take home message is... "if you get a toy with your meal, it's probably not the best option" ;)

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do you have Culvers there? They have awsome mushroom and swiss burgers. They grill it while you wait ! Yumm I only get it once every 6 months or so because its fattening.
Yeah it's a ways away though.I used to eat it in Wiscocsin while visiting family before it moved to other states.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I could be wrong, but with the exception of Chick fila, I think the replacement most fast food joints use is still just as unhealthy for you.
Well that high amount of fat in one sitting is bad for you either way.It's just that the body can not process trans fat is what makes it so bad.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just said this in another thread,but I need to get the sound on my computer fixed so badly!I haven't heard static x in so long.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Mmm, I love Culvers, used to go there soemtimes when I lived in Wisconsin, but since I moved to Portland last year, all I have is Jack in the box. :sad:

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
haven't you ever heard of subway, pantera?! you go there, get the wheat bread with a couple bags of apple slices and a bag of chips. ask them for TRIPLE meat. problem solved.

another good thing is to call any chinese place in proximity in advance (on the way there) and order up some food 'to go.' order a big container of rice/beef/brocolli. that's it.

apply yourself.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
bk has been added to the list... :( I still love the king though

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haven't you ever heard of subway, pantera?! you go there, get the wheat bread with a couple bags of apple slices and a bag of chips. ask them for TRIPLE meat. problem solved.

another good thing is to call any chinese place in proximity in advance (on the way there) and order up some food 'to go.' order a big container of rice/beef/brocolli. that's it.

apply yourself.
Subways too expensive!Theirs also no complex carbs so I have to eat my cold oatmeal if I go there.I haven't ate fast food since I started this thread.It made me realise that I need to cut back.My BP has continued to slowly decrease as well which gives me more inspiration to not eat fast food.The dirtiest I got today was a half lb bison burger.Now it's time for bed and I just finished 4 egg whites and a glass of skim milk.

I can always see the outlines of my abs,even while eating fast food regularly.So the physical reasons have not been enough to keep me away.Like I have said earlier I have a high metabolism and a physical job.I was always very skinny before learning how to bulk,and people don't believe me today when I say I have love handles.They usually look at me all crazy or say you don't have love handles!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established

apply yourself.
you do know that the chinese places cook up the beef/chicken in insane amounts of oil right? they take oil to cook the brocolli cause its faster than water and taste better. And considering how the stem/flower of the brocolli are little bushes its like a sponge that asborbs all the oil. bite one of those puppies and hold it in your mouth, youll taste the oil lodged in there. If you do order from chinese places, tell them to steam/water boil the brocolli and seperate the sauce. apply a SMALL ass amount of sauce too. so much sodium in that stuff. I cant eat my moms cookings anymore cause she makes too much stuff with oil and sauces. sure she brags she didnt apply salt but the sauces are way worse than salt.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel your pain man.I love(loved)them too!A texas double whopper has bacon and jalapenos!Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
And like 200 grams of saturated fat ....:sick: (ok maybe less)