First round on the Year

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Finally got a chance to get my first round of golf in this year, wasnt pretty boys. I broke 90..haha....but thats not saying too much. Hate the first round of the year but im glad i got it in now, summer is amazing!

Any golfers out there?:dance:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully playing my first round this saturday, weather permitting. I usually play a par 3 for my time out each year so when I tell people my score it doesn't sound so bad. I play a par 3 with 9 holes people here a score of 18 holes on an average course lol.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Played Sunday. Not pretty...greens running about an 11 (were 13).

My first round of the year was in January. :D

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
lol fair anough....I shot an 86 today...which is not great bruv...I was shooting consistently in the high 70's 2 years ago, never got out much last year....

It'll come though....

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
I hate you all..haha...man its finally nice here in Halifax.....makes me wanna golf everyday...hoping the nice weather is here to stay

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol fair anough....I shot an 86 today...which is not great bruv...I was shooting consistently in the high 70's 2 years ago, never got out much last year....

It'll come though....

86 for the first round of the year is better than 99% of the golfers out there :)

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
86 for the first round of the year is better than 99% of the golfers out there :)
Yeah but i intentionially played a wide open course.....lots of room for ugly tee shots :dance:

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I enjoy playing tighter courses lined by trees, because trees and I have a natural understanding...when my slice off the tee careens off into the tree line they jump in the way and kick it back onto the fairway. My friends are constantly amazed by my "luck", if only they knew :toofunny:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Go get em Bobby! I have never really played golf!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
This is why you have to love florida! :D
And cali baby...I hit up the driving range yesterday for a bit...still swinging it like a baseball bat :sad:

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
And cali baby...I hit up the driving range yesterday for a bit...still swinging it like a baseball bat :sad:
i hear ya, from baseball and hockey my swing plane gets very flat...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
im too poor to play golf, so i just hang out at the mini golf courses..... i know i suck :(

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Golf is king. I just found a $200/pair of Etonics for $30 - just amazing. My friend is the Club Pro (not entirely that impressive) and gives me constant tips in a humble manner, pretty cool. It's definitely improved my game.

With that being said, I am horrid with my long irons, but completely surgical with short irons and around the green.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Golf is king. I just found a $200/pair of Etonics for $30 - just amazing. My friend is the Club Pro (not entirely that impressive) and gives me constant tips in a humble manner, pretty cool. It's definitely improved my game.

With that being said, I am horrid with my long irons, but completely surgical with short irons and around the green.
you stole the shoes didnt you..

golf tips..haha..man I have zero technique and have been a natural since I picked up a club....athletic ability over technique son..lol

ohh....and same deal...rough on long irons, dominate short game....Hit woods a ton but couldnt hit my 3 iron if my life depended on it.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you stole the shoes didnt you..

golf tips..haha..man I have zero technique and have been a natural since I picked up a club....athletic ability over technique son..lol

ohh....and same deal...rough on long irons, dominate short game....Hit woods a ton but couldnt hit my 3 iron if my life depended on it.

Hybrids boys....my 3 and 4 iron don't even get added to the bag unless its windy.

Unless you are hitting into 20+mph winds, these clubs are becoming obsolete.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Hybrids boys....my 3 and 4 iron don't even get added to the bag unless its windy.

Unless you are hitting into 20+mph winds, these clubs are becoming obsolete.
no doubt, i dont carry my 3 iron anymore....4 is there for show....i hit my 5 iron very well and long so it's all good, but id love to be able to hit a 3 iron decent.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
18 and 21 degree ping g10 hybrids FTW...its straight butta! :D

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
18 and 21 degree ping g10 hybrids FTW...its straight butta! :D
haha...ping eh....ive been using my old school clubs forever...may upgrade when I get a real career, but they are working fine for now.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This friend of mine only uses Safety Woods as well. His irons stay in the bag.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm old school when it comes to golf as well, LOL. The only club I have that has a graphite shaft is my driver, and I don't like it much. I really like steel shafted clubs but I don't think anyone makes them anymore :( That said, I haven't even hit a driving range since 2004 or 2005 on new years day after partying (I don't remember who's idea it was, but it was a great time, LOL).

MB

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
I'm old school when it comes to golf as well, LOL. The only club I have that has a graphite shaft is my driver, and I don't like it much. I really like steel shafted clubs but I don't think anyone makes them anymore :( That said, I haven't even hit a driving range since 2004 or 2005 on new years day after partying (I don't remember who's idea it was, but it was a great time, LOL).

MB
agreed on the steel shaft....ill never use graphite shafted irons, dont like it..my woods are graphite though

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Are there companies still making steel shafted irons?

MB

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
*whew* but what about woods, anybody still making those with steel shafts? My 3 and 5 woods are so sweet.

MB

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
*whew* but what about woods, anybody still making those with steel shafts? My 3 and 5 woods are so sweet.

MB
no clue, but you can get a steel shaft put in any club you have....custom clubs are pretty popular, my buddy put together my set years ago.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
nice :) I just might get my driver re-shafted to steel... like I said, I'm oldschool :)

MB