Violent, gorey, sick, depraved Japanese flicks

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Anybody else like these crazy, limbs getting ripped off, gallons of (obviously fake) blood squirting out, eyeball-plucking, head exploding, freakishly gorey, gratuitously violent, yet often humorous Japanese flicks as much as I do? I guess my obsession started after I watched Battle Royale, then decided to check out Ichi the Killer for the first time. Started watching a lot of Takashi Miike flicks - Audition, Gozu, Visitor Q, Fudoh... Got into Tokyo Shock flicks like Zatoichi. Just recently saw a trailer for Machine Girl which should be coming out on DVD in June, and Tokyo Gore Police which is in post production.

Just wondering if anyone shares the same sick obsession of watching these types of flicks and has any recommendations. Yes, I know I'm effing :fool2: so you don't have to tell me that. :D

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i've seen 'em but i don't care much for 'em. the story lines of the modern ones are kind of weak. but the older stuff is great. watch 'shogun assassin' and 'yojimbo'. them's good shits there.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
If I recall correctly, Shogun Assasin is a chopped up rip off of two other Lone Wolf and Cub flicks with bad dubbing. Ok, I just looked it up and it is. I've got several flicks from the Lone Wolf and Cub series at home but have yet to watch them. I'll look into Yojimbo - thanks.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
If I recall correctly, Shogun Assasin is a chopped up rip off of two other Lone Wolf and Cub flicks with bad dubbing. Ok, I just looked it up and it is. I've got several flicks from the Lone Wolf and Cub series at home but have yet to watch them. I'll look into Yojimbo - thanks.
?????.....yeah, look into Yojimbo. but to talk that way of 'shogun assassin' is insane. it was 'chopped' from the beginning of a film, some of it, and dubbed in english, but it is a great film. man, you must be some kind of an elitist.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap! You're one sick ****. I must see these movies. That trailer for Machine Girl is intense!!!!

Fist of North Star, at least with that they're cartoon instead of live action.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Which Shaolin Soccer do you speak of? The original one? Or the POS they chopped up and released in America that was 30 minutes shorter?

I was so bitter when it was shortened upon release here.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
?????.....yeah, look into Yojimbo. but to talk that way of 'shogun assassin' is insane. it was 'chopped' from the beginning of a film, some of it, and dubbed in english, but it is a great film. man, you must be some kind of an elitist.
LOL. I'm definitely not an elitist, and I'm not saying it's a bad movie. I'm just saying that that movie is actually two different movies from the Lone Wolf and Cub series that were chopped up, put together, and (from what I hear, poorly) dubbed to form a new flick. It's supposed to be good, but not as good as either of the two original Lone Wolf and Cub flicks that this movie was made from. At least that's what I've gathered from reading reviews on this particular flick.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Shaolin Soccer was a good one. Definitely thought the original version was better than the US one. Not quite what I'm talking about movie-wise, but a good flick none the less.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
LOL. I'm definitely not an elitist, and I'm not saying it's a bad movie. I'm just saying that that movie is actually two different movies from the Lone Wolf and Cub series that were chopped up, put together, and (from what I hear, poorly) dubbed to form a new flick. It's supposed to be good, but not as good as either of the two original Lone Wolf and Cub flicks that this movie was made from. At least that's what I've gathered from reading reviews on this particular flick.
eh, i dig. well, i'll definitely have to check more into that. but as far as any japanese film, i tend to like the older ones from the big dogs like akira kurosawa's 'yojimbo.' that's where all the ideas for our western's came from ya know, those being my favorite.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap! You're one sick ****. I must see these movies. That trailer for Machine Girl is intense!!!!

Fist of North Star, at least with that they're cartoon instead of live action.
It's like Street Fighter's Sakura meets Evil Dead/Army of Darkness' Ash, Japanese-style. If you haven't seen the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness flicks, check those out. Army of Darkness is hands down the absolute greatest flick of all time, IMO. :D

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
Kung Fu HD shows some cool Japanese flicks.

Battle Royale is good.

Check out the Zero Woman flicks as well.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
battle royale is the one where the kids are abducted and forced to do warfare on each other on that island ain't it? if it is, that's a good'n. the sequel, however, was NOT.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
yes, the school kids on an island who battle it out haha
I heard the 2nd one basically was an anti US movie so I never bothered to watch it.

battle royale is the one where the kids are abducted and forced to do warfare on each other on that island ain't it? if it is, that's a good'n. the sequel, however, was NOT.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure if this completely fits the category you're looking for and it may be Korean if I remember right but, the movie "Oldboy" is freaking awesome and has one of the sickest twist endings EVER.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Oldboy is actually part of a trilogy. It is in fact Korean, and it is definitely an AWESOME film. I remember it came to the states highly praised by Quentin Tarantino. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it! The other two films in the trilogy -- Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Lady Vengeance -- are great flicks as well!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont know if this one has been mentioned as I used to watch it as a kid on Saturday afternoons in the 80's "the Flying Guillotine"

funny as hell

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Oldboy is actually part of a trilogy. It is in fact Korean, and it is definitely an AWESOME film. I remember it came to the states highly praised by Quentin Tarantino. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it! The other two films in the trilogy -- Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Lady Vengeance -- are great flicks as well!
Sweet! I had no idea it was a trilogy. Definitely going to have to check those out!

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
I've heard Suicide Club is pretty crazy, though it's trying to make a serious point.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
If you haven't seen the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness flicks, check those out. Army of Darkness is hands down the absolute greatest flick of all time, IMO. :D
Shaddow please. Army of Darkness is where some of my favorite quotes come from. Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
wow, im goin to look into tsome of these. Anyone knwo where i can grab the torrent from? I have the stuff i just cant find it on mini nova.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Goodness....I cant believe that trailer(machine girl) Thats looks fun and intense. Cant wait to see some of these. Even if they arent all like that, im tired of the american movie style, way to used to it and predictable. Time to switch it up!

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Riki Oh...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOagcB7KEaQ[/youtube]

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Riki-Oh was sooooo stupidly awesome! BTW, Machine Girl came out in the US a couple days ago. I'm waiting on it from Netflix. :D

sabitu

Awards
Machine Girl is a pretty cool movie. It's definitely a dark comedy/ horror flick. There are some outrageous methods used to kill people in this movie. The flying guillotine rocks. :head:

I know this isn't a Japanese film but it is a great horror flick nonetheless. It's called "Inside". It's a French film about a crazy lady trying to steal a pregnant woman's baby while it's still inside her. Very gory so be prepared. Check out the IMDB link below.

À l'intérieur (2007)

GOLGO 13

Awards
Riki Oh...
Rikki-O is a modern masterpiece. Anyone that has seen it is changed...forever.

Now nobody ask me about Rapeman(1993).

Bribes and embezzlements are commonplace we can't trust politicians anymore they must be taught a lesson, Keep Your Penis Strong!"

A mild-mannered school teacher is secretly a superhero called Rapeman. He and his uncle run Rapeman Services for a wronged people who want to get revenge against someone through rape.

In this outing, Rapeman and Uncle become embroiled in a political party's attempt to disgrace an opponent.

I'll say no more. :toofunny:

Last edited:
Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've got The Machine Girl on DVD. I watched the first 20 minutes...very interesting!