So, i'm living on my own and...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
only been in my little apt about 2 weeks now. Love the single life and coming home to a place that's exactly the way I left it. I even grabbed my girlfriend and hit the yard sales this Saturday to fill the place up with some random bits of furniture for a good price.

Then came my eventual downfall...

Hey babe, I wanna check out Circuit City's open box specials for a little tv.

Two hours later I have a JVC 42inch 1080p flat screen, play station 3, 6 blu ray dvd's, tv stand and a ps3 video game to the tune of 1601 dollars... and still no furniture LOL

**** it, I didn't want any damn company anyways! If you aren't using my bed then you don't have any business in the apt! :pose:

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
lol nice, don't forget about a decent speaker system for the tv, if you need a place to sit in the meantime, the floor should be big enough...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's in the bedroom so I have it at the end of the bed against the wall :) The size of the bedroom coupled with the built in speaker system gives it a great sound to begin with but you're right on upgrading to external sets. I'm looking at the Klipsch quintet III

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
to the tune of 1601 dollars... and still no furniture LOL
Pretty damn good deal if you ask me.

My first new TV was about 9 years ago. Toshiba 51" projection. That alone cost me $2000.

Then I was in the market for stuff that was state of the art at the time. Things like 5.1 with discrete amplification (one amp for each channel). I got a $2300 Harmon Kardon amplifier receiver out of box for $1600 and another $200 off because I bought the Polk Audio Surround Sound System which I paid $1000 for.

Now the amp is on sale at Fry's for $99 or like amplifiers with much much more watts are still only $200 to $300. I can get the speakers for the $200.

The DVD player I got was state of the art single disk DVD/CD player. I think maybe $400 to $500 bucks. Well they don't play mp3, burned disks or any other format because why...state of the art at the time. I can get the same performance or better now at any retailer for probably under $100.

Keep in mind the last new TV I had was the one I got as a weeding gift at my first wedding 18yrs ago...I just got my very first new couch only last year.

You did good!

tattoopierced1

Sounds like you had the furniture covered anyways.. as long as you got a bed, TV, PS3 and DVD player, your set..

"hey babe, sorry I dont have a couch, looks like we'll have to chill out on the bed"

this saves you so much time ;)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bring your oven in your room, cook the pizza, eat on top of the T.V., bang the girl, watch the T.V., and exit.

-Mullet out.

:D

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bring your oven in your room, cook the pizza, eat on top of the T.V., bang the girl, watch the T.V., and exit.

-Mullet out.

:D
Ehhh...I don't know about that order or the effort.

Bang the girl, then tell her - where the pizza is, where to find the oven, where to deliver it when it is cooked (which should be to your bed where you are napping at this point :yawn: ), to hand you the remote on her way to the exit. :run:

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I may honestly be torn about where to turn my focus with so many toys like that laying around. I would wonder if I can place TV on said womans chest and get best view possible.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The small of the back of some women make excellent places to balance a pizza box and drink or even the TV guide and remote...if postured correctly.

My wife hates it when I do that :hammer:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
only been in my little apt about 2 weeks now. Love the single life and coming home to a place that's exactly the way I left it. I even grabbed my girlfriend and hit the yard sales this Saturday to fill the place up with some random bits of furniture for a good price.

Then came my eventual downfall...

Hey babe, I wanna check out Circuit City's open box specials for a little tv.

Two hours later I have a JVC 42inch 1080p flat screen, play station 3, 6 blu ray dvd's, tv stand and a ps3 video game to the tune of 1601 dollars... and still no furniture LOL

**** it, I didn't want any damn company anyways! If you aren't using my bed then you don't have any business in the apt! :pose:
Nice bro! I remember those days of the single life and all the freedom in decision making. Now i have the wife laying into me about every purchase i make........i still do it anyway haha :D Come to think of it, time for a new tv. :)

Live it up bro! You can always buy furniture later, you bought all the essentials. ;)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you aren't using my bed then you don't have any business in the apt! :pose:

LOL that's jokes. I was just telling someone the same thing...having little to no furniture makes it perfect for instantly hitting the bedroom if you take a date back home after a recent move...kinda forced to lol..

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ehhh...I don't know about that order or the effort.

Bang the girl, then tell her - where the pizza is, where to find the oven, where to deliver it when it is cooked (which should be to your bed where you are napping at this point :yawn: ), to hand you the remote on her way to the exit. :run:
This is why you are wise, and I am yet learning.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is also why I am once divorced and presently married to my future ex-wife :rofl:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang i wish i lived on my own...the closest to that for me right now is on summer break i live in the attic which has my 65 inch tv, 360, reclining chair, a microwave and a fridge and room and bathroom. Don't really have to hear or see anyone wen im up there :D I did come home to now having two beds in my room though :think: