Iron Man

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Saw the movie over the weekend and its a great movie to watch, very well done, special effects looks superb.

I definitely recommend to watch this movie, I might see it again.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I thought it was pretty good. The effects were awesome, and the story was good, and to my surprise Robert Downey did a very good job, I was worried they were going to go for too much comedy, but the one liners, the few comedic bits and the sarcasm was done just right. It was enjoyable to watch on the big screen, and I would recommend it, even though I had a couple of issues with a few things in the movie I didnt like, overall it was worth it.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm gonna go check it out this weekend. :)

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I thought it was the best pure comic book movie yet, only because I consider Batman more mainstream and less comic book.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best comic to movie film to date, imho. Everything was just so damn good. Going to see it again this weekend. Even my GF wants to see it again.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
For those who seen it, that house over seeing the ocean where he lives is that place for real? What a view!
I mean the graphics in this movie were so good many times during the movie it was hard catching the line between special effects and reality

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best comic to movie film to date, imho. Everything was just so damn good. Going to see it again this weekend. Even my GF wants to see it again.
I agree - by far the best comic book movie. Aside, that is, from "Captain J Licks Mullet's Balls in an Erotic Threesome".

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I posted this elsewhere:

I was pleased to see them take time to grow the character(s) giving much more material for sequels.

Working in the aerospace manufacturing industry myself I had a peculiar feeling of empathy to his "eyes opening" to the grand(er) impact he had on the world despite his well intentioned engineering masterpieces of defense.

Additionally, and probably of zero interest to anyone else, but it is great to see RDJr getting his **** together and do some solid acting again. Great to see him salvage what was left of his career/life after his substance abuse issues. I just love the character Tony Stark and what RDJr brings to him when he comes to life.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
good movie, thumbs up..

they def could of made this movie another hour longer and added a ton more stuff, but they kept it simple, perhaps a sequel

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Agreed on all counts.

Downey is undisputed owner of the screen throughout the movie - even Jeff Bridges (one of my long-time favorite actors) struggles to hold his own w/ Downey (mostly due to few & brief appearances - his performance is terrific).

First comic-derived film I've seen where the non-FX parts were as good as the CGI fireworks - and as terrific as the CGI is here, the story isn't built around it: it's built around & into the story.

Absolutely the best franchise yet, given this arschegekicken first chapter. Downey's brilliant, and good to see him on his feet & working. Speaking of working, the movie just works. Goes a long way toward rinsing out the bad taste of some earlier adaptations, too.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
All of the above +1.

You guys all saw the clip AFTER the credits right?

YouTube is your friend.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
good movie, thumbs up..

they def could of made this movie another hour longer and added a ton more stuff, but they kept it simple, perhaps a sequel
youre still here? where the fck have you been? your mojo leave you when gixx left? haha.

im gonna go watch this in an hour or so...

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
Great movie..hoping the sequel will be just as good..anyone follow the comic books of it?? if so was that "war machine" he fought in the movie..

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Great movie..hoping the sequel will be just as good..anyone follow the comic books of it?? if so was that "war machine" he fought in the movie..
I haven't seen the movie but I'm gonna go ahead and say no. War Machine was Stark's buddy Rhodes.

And yes, Robert Downy Jr. is the perfect persona to play Tony Stark, again, I was calling this before the trailer was even out. I am thrilled this is in fact the case. Looking forward to seeing this one.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
You guys all saw the clip AFTER the credits right?

YouTube is your friend.
Sheepishly, I confess: I did not wait out the credits. And if You Tube is my friend, why won't it show me?

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
youre still here? where the fck have you been? your mojo leave you when gixx left? haha.

im gonna go watch this in an hour or so...
yea man im back, working on some injuries and stuff as usual, checkout my boring workout log haha

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to hear it's such a good movie. I was let down by Fantastic 4, Didn't even see the sequel and didn't see Batman 3 after that. Will go see this after hearing such good reviews about it.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what was shown after the credits?

I heard they already announced a sequel because of how good the movie did.

sick movie

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
It's a brief, dark scene in which we meet...Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (okay, "director" of S.H.I.E.L.D.)

As a long-time fan of "Sgt. Fury & the Howling Commandos", and the later, very experimental "Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.", I'm WAAAY excited to think where this could be going (and only slightly jarred by the fact that Fury is played by Samuel L. Blackguy - a switch similar to "Starbuck" being a woman in the new BSG).

He mntions the Avengers....

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a brief, dark scene in which we meet...Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (okay, "director" of S.H.I.E.L.D.)

As a long-time fan of "Sgt. Fury & the Howling Commandos", and the later, very experimental "Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.", I'm WAAAY excited to think where this could be going (and only slightly jarred by the fact that Fury is played by Samuel L. Blackguy - a switch similar to "Starbuck" being a woman in the new BSG).

I would hope the movie is not a combination, as too many villains or superheroes can become convoluted ala X-Men 3, Spiderman 3, the horrid Batman Forever, and so on. The best 'superhero' movies to date have been, in my opinion, and no particular order:

Batman (Tim Burton)
Batman Begins
Spiderman 1
X-Men 1
Iron Man

In fact, these may be the only superhero movies which may withstand criticism and be 'actual movies'. I think they achieved that because of low character profiles, allowing the director to focus on a few, key characters. Their sequels all tried to appease fanboys, and made the stories utterly convoluted. The secret to success for superhero movies is: stick with one hero, one main villain (preferably a strong one), and develop your characters honestly and believably.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established

From Wiki AND from Actually reading an Ultimate Avengers comic.

"Ultimate Nick Fury

Main article: Ultimate Nick Fury

In the Ultimate Marvel Universe, General Nick Fury is African-American, with his look and personality tailored after actor Samuel L. Jackson. This was done with the actor's explicit permission."

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was kind of hoping that M. Knight's Unbreakable would have a sequel. The character development was actually the whole movie. We did not get to see their hero/nemesis role until the late to end of the movie.

Again a perfect actor/character/role for Bruno Bruce Willis - he embodies my real life and fantasy alter egos as well or moreso did his character David Dunn. :)

Some dialog:

David Dunn (Character) - Quotes

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
From Wiki AND from Actually reading an Ultimate Avengers comic.

"Ultimate Nick Fury

Main article: Ultimate Nick Fury

In the Ultimate Marvel Universe, General Nick Fury is African-American, with his look and personality tailored after actor Samuel L. Jackson. This was done with the actor's explicit permission."
First I've heard about "The Ultimate Marvel Universe"; my comments were from reading "Sgt. Fury & His Howling Commandos" back when I was a kid, and then later, the "Nick Fury, SHIELD" series (one of the best ever & truly great new stuff at the time (a bit dated now, but still...Jim Steranko was THE shiznit).

Sgt. Fury was IIRC the first comic with a mixed-race, multi-ethnic cast, but Fury was white back then.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was kind of hoping that M. Knight's Unbreakable would have a sequel. The character development was actually the whole movie. We did not get to see their hero/nemesis role until the late to end of the movie.

Again a perfect actor/character/role for Bruno Bruce Willis - he embodies my real life and fantasy alter egos as well or moreso did his character David Dunn. :)

Some dialog:

David Dunn (Character) - Quotes
David Dunn

Yes. Scroll down to the bottom and read about the initial desire for M. Knight to make it a trilogy.

Does anyone have M's digits so I can let him know that "it's a go" for the sequel. :D