2008 movies

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
anybody looking foward to any movies releasing 2008 I know I can't wait to see the new batman

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
yeah theres quite a few i would like to see....Harold and Kumar..batman seems chill..and i went to go see never back down..i thought that was a great movie

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
yeah the new batman looks like they finally got the atmosphere right, hasn't been a good batman movie since tim burrton directed his two. Can't believe he produced the crappy mid-late 90's ones though, I mean, producers hire the rest of the talent, wtf was he thinking with joel schumaker's candy-rave, neon crap?

For some reason I want to see rambo.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
Harold and kumar was great I was deff in the right "mood" though. I'm gonna have to check out never back down I was waiting to hear someone say something good about it

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Iron Man opens *today* - other than that, haven't been paying attention to movies (just saw Cloverfield, though - great flick!)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
why are you guys mentioning movies that are already released? Batman and Ironman are the only two big ones that i can recall being put out. Ill check IMDB now and see what else is in store for 2008.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I kind of want to see Speed Racer, just because its the Wachowski brother's first movie since the Matrix trilogy.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sex and the City yo! sh1t is gangsta. haha

I think im gonna see SPeed Racer too when it comes out. Looks pretty heavy on the visuals.

The new Hulk is going to be out too.

Mongol which is a Genghis Khan story and how he came to be.

Wall-E the robot movie should be pretty good.

Bangkok Dangerous

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Iron Man
Incredible Hulk (hopefully done RIGHT this time)
Harold and Kumar
Indiana Jones

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ironman just looks really cheesey to me. I hope the new Indiana Jones is good, looking forward to that one. The first Harold & Kumar is good, but sequls usually suck.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
yeah hope the new hulk is better then the last one...
ironman looks like it'll be fine on my 50 inch, and mongol looks pretty straight so imma check it out.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
cokeholio you sound like you play with more recreational type "supplements" dont you think speed racer might be a trip? well idk i dont really rock the illegal drugs anymore.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
this is true, but ive never messed with anything but the green even though ive wanted to try one "other" and it grows in cow poop, that and speed racer might be a blast

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I kind of want to see Speed Racer, just because its the Wachowski brother's first movie since the Matrix trilogy.
:think:

You must have been sleeping. They did "V for Vendetta" and (parts of) "The Invasion."

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I'll "see" Sex & The City when the taxidermist is done w/ me....

I'm *almost* that interested in Harold & Kumar doing anything, too.

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
Harold and kumar was great I was deff in the right "mood" though. I'm gonna have to check out never back down I was waiting to hear someone say something good about it
Never back down was pretty good. The fight and training scenes were awesome it makes me wish I had some 250 lb black guy that lives in his gym, living close to me.

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
:lol:
this is true, but ive never messed with anything but the green even though ive wanted to try one "other" and it grows in cow poop, that and speed racer might be a blast

I think your thinking of shrooms...:lol:..but yeah im glad they are making more and more Super Hero movies..altho not all are so great(Spiderman 3, Elektra) but its all good. I am checkin out Iron Man tommorow let ya guys know how it goes

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
:think:

You must have been sleeping. They did "V for Vendetta" and (parts of) "The Invasion."
The didn't entirely do either of those films. They only had a hand in them. They haven't completely done a film since the Matrix trilogy.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
2008 Movies I've Seen:

Cloverfield: Really enjoyed this
Rambo: Good for a new Rambo. Great if you know what to expect (which I did and liked it lol)
Jumper: Awful
Semi-Pro: Will Farrell is great
10,000 BC: Top 2 worst movies I have ever seen in my life. Truly god awful.
21: Alright.
Street Kings: Liked the action/very predictable.
The Forbidden Kingdom: I really like this. Very fantastical but loved Jet Li/Jackie Chan working together.
Iron Man (saw last night): On par with Batman Begins as far as complete justice being done to such a iconic figure. Awesome movie.

Couple others I can't remember atm. Will soon see Harold and Kumar, Indiana Jones, and all that jazz. Yes I have a lot of free time with a year off and no I don't just see movies 24/7 and be anti-social.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
2008 Movies I've Seen:

Cloverfield: Really enjoyed this
Rambo: Good for a new Rambo. Great if you know what to expect (which I did and liked it lol)
Jumper: Awful
Semi-Pro: Will Farrell is great
10,000 BC: Top 2 worst movies I have ever seen in my life. Truly god awful.
21: Alright.
Street Kings: Liked the action/very predictable.
The Forbidden Kingdom: I really like this. Very fantastical but loved Jet Li/Jackie Chan working together.
Iron Man (saw last night): On par with Batman Begins as far as complete justice being done to such a iconic figure. Awesome movie.

Couple others I can't remember atm. Will soon see Harold and Kumar, Indiana Jones, and all that jazz. Yes I have a lot of free time with a year off and no I don't just see movies 24/7 and be anti-social.
what are you doing with a year off? how the hell? i wish i could take a year off sometimes!!!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
what are you doing with a year off? how the hell? i wish i could take a year off sometimes!!!
Ironically a really bad herniated disc/2 other bulging discs and a planned surgery (late August right before school) caused me to take a year off because of the potential recovery time. Last minute got a second opinion and no surgery (may have it soon though) but feel a lot better atm.

Honestly it has been really nice (my best friend actually had a year off due to a deferred admission to 08 and its been a lot of fun). It has been great on a lot of levels. Been great as a rest prior to entering the semi-real world then eventually the true real world. Plus training and diet are insanely easy to adhere to.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ironically a really bad herniated disc/2 other bulging discs and a planned surgery (late August right before school) caused me to take a year off because of the potential recovery time. Last minute got a second opinion and no surgery (may have it soon though) but feel a lot better atm.

Honestly it has been really nice (my best friend actually had a year off due to a deferred admission to 08 and its been a lot of fun). It has been great on a lot of levels. Been great as a rest prior to entering the semi-real world then eventually the true real world. Plus training and diet are insanely easy to adhere to.
yes i hear you on that but how do you make income to sustain? daddy? lol...lets be honest here.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
sorry to hear that I'll have to take ur word on ironman bro

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
yes i hear you on that but how do you make income to sustain? daddy? lol...lets be honest here.
Lol naw man (well my food and everything like that is paid for since I'm living at home. However my food bill is probably my biggest expense so thats solid :D). I got an epidural and the pain has stayed away so I have been able to just work for the past year (pretty much a year long summer job to just save up as much as I can for next year when I begin freshman year.) I also hope to get a job at the gym when at school. Need that supp money man! lol

Coke ~ you will like Ironman. Everyone will. Also don't feel bad lol. Only problem with the back honestly is the potential for 6 weeks out of the game in the future and the fact that it killed my chances of walking on for football at Rutgers.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Indiana Jones will be awesome. Also Incredible Hulk June 13!
[nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=HSH3xtygvbA"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Harold and Kumar was unequivocally the biggest piece of **** I have ever seen.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
As far as a rare, work of art movie that "reinvents cinema" so to speak, the diving bell and the butterfly was very powerful. I cried at the end (are you suprised?).

Anyways just look up the reviews on the movie, it is critically aclaimed. The movie is french made and has the options of dubbed over english which is pretty good or english subtitles for non-french speaking.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as a rare, work of art movie that "reinvents cinema" so to speak, the diving bell and the butterfly was very powerful. I cried at the end (are you suprised?).

Anyways just look up the reviews on the movie, it is critically aclaimed. The movie is french made and has the options of dubbed over english which is pretty good or english subtitles for non-french speaking.
what movie are you talking about?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
that looks like a great movie. A moving flick for sure probably forces real thoughts to develop in that squishy lil thing you call a brain. i like indie films.

OMFG it's not the best film ever cuz' hulk and ironman's not in it11!!!

It is an excellent film though. Make sure you go into setup and select english dubbed audio or it'll play in french.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
The didn't entirely do either of those films. They only had a hand in them. They haven't completely done a film since the Matrix trilogy.
How are you defining "doing" a film? They produced and wrote the sceenplay for V. That sounds like it was their baby. Do you mean they haven't directed a film?

And I said "they did (parts of) The Invasion" Specifically, the studio thought the movie sucked and hired them to rewrite and shoot new scenes.

By saying they hadn't done anything since Matrix made it sound like they just sat around doing nothing.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
How are you defining "doing" a film? They produced and wrote the sceenplay for V. That sounds like it was their baby. Do you mean they haven't directed a film?

And I said "they did (parts of) The Invasion" Specifically, the studio thought the movie sucked and hired them to rewrite and shoot new scenes.

By saying they hadn't done anything since Matrix made it sound like they just sat around doing nothing.
I'm sorry what I posted didn't satisfy you. I should have added that IMHO, they have not done anything but cross dress and be partially involved through their production company using their protege as a director. Is that better? To be honest, I don't care about what I posted as much as you seem to.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry what I posted didn't satisfy you. I should have added that IMHO, they have not done anything but cross dress and be partially involved through their production company using their protege as a director. Is that better? To be honest, I don't care about what I posted as much as you seem to.
Wow. Roid rage?

I don't care much either. You made a semi-incorrect statement, I corrected you, you take issue, I clarify further, you get more pissy.

You said they hadn't done any movies, I just pointed put they did. I just thought we may have beed defining "doing a film" differently.

Step away from the computer and take some deep breaths.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Wow. Roid rage?

I don't care much either. You made a semi-incorrect statement, I corrected you, you take issue, I clarify further, you get more pissy.

You said they hadn't done any movies, I just pointed put they did. I just thought we may have beed defining "doing a film" differently.

Yeah, good point, I can't believe people get angry so easily...

I mean after I read your comment I was like,

"I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your GODDAMN SPINE!"

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Wow. Roid rage?

Jesus man, I really think you're overreacting here. I obviously shouldn't have even responded to your first correction. I see who I am now dealing with here.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Jesus man, I really think you're overreacting here. I obviously shouldn't have even responded to your first correction. I see who I am now dealing with here.

ROFLLLLL11111!!!!

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Iron Man was terrific! Downey, Bridges, Paltrow *AND* the FX were all top-notch.

Gotta catch it on the big screen!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice, I had read it is one of, if not the, best of the Superhero genre.

Slow-mun and bigrob: touch your seventh-level Orgrak Dungeon Master cards together and make up.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
Nice, I had read it is one of, if not the, best of the Superhero genre.

Slow-mun and bigrob: touch your seventh-level Orgrak Dungeon Master cards together and make up.
Lmao bodybuilding forums are fun :) tempers flare so fast probably alot of broken keyboards

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:I guess my geek flag was flying a bit too high. I'll keep my twelve sided dice to myself for now on.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
"Frontier(s)" looks like it might be a good alternative to the lame Hostel/Saw movies. The French can get away with so much more **** than we can in film. Ever since "High Tension" I've been impressed by how violent a foreign film can be. This one looks pretty rough.

Frontier(s) Unrated