2008 movies - AnabolicMinds.com

2008 movies

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. cokeholio's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    604
    Rep Power
    26583

    Reputation

    Question 2008 movies


    anybody looking foward to any movies releasing 2008 I know I can't wait to see the new batman

  2. vpower's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    836

    Reputation

    yeah theres quite a few i would like to see....Harold and Kumar..batman seems chill..and i went to go see never back down..i thought that was a great movie
  3. Nightwanderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,307
    Rep Power
    733

    Reputation

    yeah the new batman looks like they finally got the atmosphere right, hasn't been a good batman movie since tim burrton directed his two. Can't believe he produced the crappy mid-late 90's ones though, I mean, producers hire the rest of the talent, wtf was he thinking with joel schumaker's candy-rave, neon crap?

    For some reason I want to see rambo.
    •   
       

  4. cokeholio's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    604
    Rep Power
    26583

    Reputation

    Harold and kumar was great I was deff in the right "mood" though. I'm gonna have to check out never back down I was waiting to hear someone say something good about it
  5. BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1309

    Reputation

    Iron Man opens *today* - other than that, haven't been paying attention to movies (just saw Cloverfield, though - great flick!)
  6. pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    why are you guys mentioning movies that are already released? Batman and Ironman are the only two big ones that i can recall being put out. Ill check IMDB now and see what else is in store for 2008.
  7. slow-mun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,149
    Rep Power
    1173

    Reputation

    I kind of want to see Speed Racer, just because its the Wachowski brother's first movie since the Matrix trilogy.
  8. AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,386
    Rep Power
    956432

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Incredible Hulk
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  9. pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Sex and the City yo! sh1t is gangsta. haha

    I think im gonna see SPeed Racer too when it comes out. Looks pretty heavy on the visuals.

    The new Hulk is going to be out too.

    Mongol which is a Genghis Khan story and how he came to be.

    Wall-E the robot movie should be pretty good.

    Bangkok Dangerous
  10. SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11113

    Reputation

    Iron Man
    Incredible Hulk (hopefully done RIGHT this time)
    Harold and Kumar
    Indiana Jones
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  11. Bum Mahoney's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    45
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    198

    Reputation

    Prince Caspian. My kids can't wait.
  12. T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,882
    Rep Power
    4383840

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Ironman just looks really cheesey to me. I hope the new Indiana Jones is good, looking forward to that one. The first Harold & Kumar is good, but sequls usually suck.
  13. cokeholio's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    604
    Rep Power
    26583

    Reputation

    yeah hope the new hulk is better then the last one...
    ironman looks like it'll be fine on my 50 inch, and mongol looks pretty straight so imma check it out.
  14. pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    cokeholio you sound like you play with more recreational type "supplements" dont you think speed racer might be a trip? well idk i dont really rock the illegal drugs anymore.
  15. cokeholio's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    604
    Rep Power
    26583

    Reputation

    this is true, but ive never messed with anything but the green even though ive wanted to try one "other" and it grows in cow poop, that and speed racer might be a blast
  16. bigrobbierob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    7807

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    I kind of want to see Speed Racer, just because its the Wachowski brother's first movie since the Matrix trilogy.


    You must have been sleeping. They did "V for Vendetta" and (parts of) "The Invasion."
  17. BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1309

    Reputation

    I'll "see" Sex & The City when the taxidermist is done w/ me....

    I'm *almost* that interested in Harold & Kumar doing anything, too.
  18. weakestlink's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    218

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by cokeholio View Post
    Harold and kumar was great I was deff in the right "mood" though. I'm gonna have to check out never back down I was waiting to hear someone say something good about it
    Never back down was pretty good. The fight and training scenes were awesome it makes me wish I had some 250 lb black guy that lives in his gym, living close to me.
  19. vpower's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    836

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by cokeholio View Post
    this is true, but ive never messed with anything but the green even though ive wanted to try one "other" and it grows in cow poop, that and speed racer might be a blast

    I think your thinking of shrooms.....but yeah im glad they are making more and more Super Hero movies..altho not all are so great(Spiderman 3, Elektra) but its all good. I am checkin out Iron Man tommorow let ya guys know how it goes
  20. slow-mun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,149
    Rep Power
    1173

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post


    You must have been sleeping. They did "V for Vendetta" and (parts of) "The Invasion."
    The didn't entirely do either of those films. They only had a hand in them. They haven't completely done a film since the Matrix trilogy.
  21. OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2000

    Reputation

    2008 Movies I've Seen:

    Cloverfield: Really enjoyed this
    Rambo: Good for a new Rambo. Great if you know what to expect (which I did and liked it lol)
    Jumper: Awful
    Semi-Pro: Will Farrell is great
    10,000 BC: Top 2 worst movies I have ever seen in my life. Truly god awful.
    21: Alright.
    Street Kings: Liked the action/very predictable.
    The Forbidden Kingdom: I really like this. Very fantastical but loved Jet Li/Jackie Chan working together.
    Iron Man (saw last night): On par with Batman Begins as far as complete justice being done to such a iconic figure. Awesome movie.

    Couple others I can't remember atm. Will soon see Harold and Kumar, Indiana Jones, and all that jazz. Yes I have a lot of free time with a year off and no I don't just see movies 24/7 and be anti-social.
  22. pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    2008 Movies I've Seen:

    Cloverfield: Really enjoyed this
    Rambo: Good for a new Rambo. Great if you know what to expect (which I did and liked it lol)
    Jumper: Awful
    Semi-Pro: Will Farrell is great
    10,000 BC: Top 2 worst movies I have ever seen in my life. Truly god awful.
    21: Alright.
    Street Kings: Liked the action/very predictable.
    The Forbidden Kingdom: I really like this. Very fantastical but loved Jet Li/Jackie Chan working together.
    Iron Man (saw last night): On par with Batman Begins as far as complete justice being done to such a iconic figure. Awesome movie.

    Couple others I can't remember atm. Will soon see Harold and Kumar, Indiana Jones, and all that jazz. Yes I have a lot of free time with a year off and no I don't just see movies 24/7 and be anti-social.
    what are you doing with a year off? how the hell? i wish i could take a year off sometimes!!!
  23. OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2000

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    what are you doing with a year off? how the hell? i wish i could take a year off sometimes!!!
    Ironically a really bad herniated disc/2 other bulging discs and a planned surgery (late August right before school) caused me to take a year off because of the potential recovery time. Last minute got a second opinion and no surgery (may have it soon though) but feel a lot better atm.

    Honestly it has been really nice (my best friend actually had a year off due to a deferred admission to 08 and its been a lot of fun). It has been great on a lot of levels. Been great as a rest prior to entering the semi-real world then eventually the true real world. Plus training and diet are insanely easy to adhere to.
  24. pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Ironically a really bad herniated disc/2 other bulging discs and a planned surgery (late August right before school) caused me to take a year off because of the potential recovery time. Last minute got a second opinion and no surgery (may have it soon though) but feel a lot better atm.

    Honestly it has been really nice (my best friend actually had a year off due to a deferred admission to 08 and its been a lot of fun). It has been great on a lot of levels. Been great as a rest prior to entering the semi-real world then eventually the true real world. Plus training and diet are insanely easy to adhere to.
    yes i hear you on that but how do you make income to sustain? daddy? lol...lets be honest here.
  25. cokeholio's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    604
    Rep Power
    26583

    Reputation

    sorry to hear that I'll have to take ur word on ironman bro
  26. OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2000

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    yes i hear you on that but how do you make income to sustain? daddy? lol...lets be honest here.
    Lol naw man (well my food and everything like that is paid for since I'm living at home. However my food bill is probably my biggest expense so thats solid ). I got an epidural and the pain has stayed away so I have been able to just work for the past year (pretty much a year long summer job to just save up as much as I can for next year when I begin freshman year.) I also hope to get a job at the gym when at school. Need that supp money man! lol

    Coke ~ you will like Ironman. Everyone will. Also don't feel bad lol. Only problem with the back honestly is the potential for 6 weeks out of the game in the future and the fact that it killed my chances of walking on for football at Rutgers.
  27. whunterx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    68
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    160

    Reputation

    Indiana Jones
  28. OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2000

    Reputation

    Indiana Jones will be awesome. Also Incredible Hulk June 13!
    [nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=HSH3xtygvbA"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
  29. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Harold and Kumar was unequivocally the biggest piece of **** I have ever seen.
  30. CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1635

    Reputation

    As far as a rare, work of art movie that "reinvents cinema" so to speak, the diving bell and the butterfly was very powerful. I cried at the end (are you suprised?).

    Anyways just look up the reviews on the movie, it is critically aclaimed. The movie is french made and has the options of dubbed over english which is pretty good or english subtitles for non-french speaking.
  31. pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    As far as a rare, work of art movie that "reinvents cinema" so to speak, the diving bell and the butterfly was very powerful. I cried at the end (are you suprised?).

    Anyways just look up the reviews on the movie, it is critically aclaimed. The movie is french made and has the options of dubbed over english which is pretty good or english subtitles for non-french speaking.
    what movie are you talking about?
  32. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    http://www.biggerstrongerfastermovie.com/

    This movie could either be informative, or extremely damaging.
  33. CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1635

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    what movie are you talking about?

    http://www.apple.com/trailers/mirama...erfly/trailer/


    This movie isn't an action movie or superhero movie, so 80% of AM won't like it, lol. However, it is a good peice of art.
  34. pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/mirama...erfly/trailer/


    This movie isn't an action movie or superhero movie, so 80% of AM won't like it, lol. However, it is a good peice of art.
    that looks like a great movie. A moving flick for sure probably forces real thoughts to develop in that squishy lil thing you call a brain. i like indie films.
  35. CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1635

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    that looks like a great movie. A moving flick for sure probably forces real thoughts to develop in that squishy lil thing you call a brain. i like indie films.

    OMFG it's not the best film ever cuz' hulk and ironman's not in it11!!!


    It is an excellent film though. Make sure you go into setup and select english dubbed audio or it'll play in french.
  36. bigrobbierob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    7807

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    The didn't entirely do either of those films. They only had a hand in them. They haven't completely done a film since the Matrix trilogy.
    How are you defining "doing" a film? They produced and wrote the sceenplay for V. That sounds like it was their baby. Do you mean they haven't directed a film?

    And I said "they did (parts of) The Invasion" Specifically, the studio thought the movie sucked and hired them to rewrite and shoot new scenes.

    By saying they hadn't done anything since Matrix made it sound like they just sat around doing nothing.
  37. slow-mun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,149
    Rep Power
    1173

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    How are you defining "doing" a film? They produced and wrote the sceenplay for V. That sounds like it was their baby. Do you mean they haven't directed a film?

    And I said "they did (parts of) The Invasion" Specifically, the studio thought the movie sucked and hired them to rewrite and shoot new scenes.

    By saying they hadn't done anything since Matrix made it sound like they just sat around doing nothing.
    I'm sorry what I posted didn't satisfy you. I should have added that IMHO, they have not done anything but cross dress and be partially involved through their production company using their protege as a director. Is that better? To be honest, I don't care about what I posted as much as you seem to.
  38. bigrobbierob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    7807

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    I'm sorry what I posted didn't satisfy you. I should have added that IMHO, they have not done anything but cross dress and be partially involved through their production company using their protege as a director. Is that better? To be honest, I don't care about what I posted as much as you seem to.
    Wow. Roid rage?

    I don't care much either. You made a semi-incorrect statement, I corrected you, you take issue, I clarify further, you get more pissy.

    You said they hadn't done any movies, I just pointed put they did. I just thought we may have beed defining "doing a film" differently.

    Step away from the computer and take some deep breaths.
  39. CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1635

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    Wow. Roid rage?

    I don't care much either. You made a semi-incorrect statement, I corrected you, you take issue, I clarify further, you get more pissy.

    You said they hadn't done any movies, I just pointed put they did. I just thought we may have beed defining "doing a film" differently.

    Step away from the computer and take some deep breaths.
    Yeah, good point, I can't believe people get angry so easily...



    ...


    I mean after I read your comment I was like,



    "I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your GODDAMN SPINE!"

  40. slow-mun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,149
    Rep Power
    1173

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    Wow. Roid rage?

    I don't care much either. You made a semi-incorrect statement, I corrected you, you take issue, I clarify further, you get more pissy.

    You said they hadn't done any movies, I just pointed put they did. I just thought we may have beed defining "doing a film" differently.

    Step away from the computer and take some deep breaths.
    Jesus man, I really think you're overreacting here. I obviously shouldn't have even responded to your first correction. I see who I am now dealing with here.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Movies that never get old
    By Adam23294 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 11:23 PM
  2. Some Cool Movies Ive Seen...
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 09:25 AM
  3. Movies!
    By bigpetefox in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 10:12 PM
  4. One of the best movies ever.....
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-11-2003, 12:25 PM
  5. up and coming movies
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2002, 01:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO