Life......

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
dang......life is so delicate sometimes man...... we take it for granted too much......
A friend i got real close to the past week (only known her for about that long), had her cousin pass away at a young age of 19. God works in mysterious ways, and makes one think. But this just strengthens the thought of believing harder in the Lord and his intentions, even if its tough to accept when death is involved. Prayers go out to ones you guys have lost and my prayer especially is heavy on my friend's cousin. May God Bless
Sage

PC1

Sorry to hear it. Two of my cousins, both brothers in fact, have, within the past 2 years, been diagnosed with prostate cancer. The younger is my age (43) and his surgery went well, and he appears to be beating it. The older is about 46. His surgery was performed but the d_mned thing metasticized. It's chemotherapy, and pray for the best. His prospects of beating it are slim, short of a miraculous intervention.

We all think in the back of our minds somewhere that we're going to live to be "at least" as old as the present average life expectancy, and thankfully that's increasing every few years.

And it's very true we take it for granted that we'll be getting out of bed tomorrow just as we have today.

We don't like to think about our own mortality, nor the mortality of people we know and love. Yet funeral parlors remain busy week in and week out.

If there is a God, God seems to have a very different way of doing things than we would. If there is no God, no afterlife, what then is the point of it all? To be born, to experience life, only to vanish into oblivion taking nothing, being nothing?

Live every day as if it was our last...... that sounds good, but is difficult to apply. But definately something we need to keep in mind.

The great phillosophical question for dyslexics, we've pondered it for thousands of years now ......

"does doG really exist?"

Sorry, this was sounding down and I didn't want to end it on such a morose note.

;)

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
I am sorry to hear that Sage...may God bless her family, and you as you care for those who were close.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. Keep the chin up bro's....

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Damm sorry to hear that bro, man 19 is way too young although there is no ideal age for death. Will keep your friend's cousin in my prayers. Stay strong Sage.

db682

Awards
  • Established
Im feeling ya bro,
My father died in April and it was hard as hell. Whats worse is that the cause of death was acute ephedrine toxicity. He ODed three days after his last dose of the stuff becuase he got really sick (the Flu) and started taking sutafed and advil and with all bad flu cases your body will not let you eat or drink without it coming back out every place it can. The medical examiner said that dehydration, the lack of food and the sutafed all intensified the Zenadrine or whatever he took days before and caused him to have an anyurism during his last few mins of life. It really sounded like a horrible death but supposedly he was in a state where he had no clue what was going on and copuldnt feel anything. I have about 16 pages of reports from the med. examiner and law enforcement, but I dont want to get into it anymore.
Life is fragile, love it while you can. Take advantage of what you got before its to late. My god bless all of our loved ones souls and those of our enemines as well, living or dead.

db

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate your sympathies. Its not i personally knew the individual who passed away but to hear someone of such young age to have their life cut short....just tough. Also, i think it showed me my friend means more to me than maybe expected. Feeling better for sure..... time helps everything. :)
Sage

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate your sympathies. Its not i personally knew the individual who passed away but to hear someone of such young age to have their life cut short....just tough. Also, i think it showed me my friend means more to me than maybe expected. Feeling better for sure..... time helps everything. :)
Sage
glad you are feelin better bro...and ya time does help...