? running and lifting ?

powelson86

Awards
hey guys didn't quite know where to put this topic. just looking for some opinions on how much running will hinder weight gain.. i've been training on and off since i was 15 and im 21 now, been lifting solid for the last year with little to no cardio. is running 1-2 miles 3-4 times a week going to hinder my growth in the gym? or is this so minimal as to where i wont see any effects? thanks in advance!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't say hinder growth and it will help with positive nutrient repartitioning. Plus, you get all of the cardiovascular benefits of aerobics and you can eat a little dirtier when doing cardio on a bulk.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
To me lifting and cardio go hand in hand for overall health. As long as you compensate for the calorie expenditure you will be fine as far as gains go.

Also cardiovascular training after lifting helps alleviate the negative effects on arteries (like hardening and blood pressure issues from the lifting) that have been seen from heavy lifting. I like to jump rope, do stairs, HIIT variations, sprints, and just recreational stuff like sports during LBM gaining personally

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't say hinder growth and it will help with positive nutrient repartitioning. Plus, you get all of the cardiovascular benefits of aerobics and you can eat a little dirtier when doing cardio on a bulk.
I tend to agree with Rodja. He always beats me to these threads.

I'm not trying to pimp out my log or anything, but it's just to give you some input. I'm doing an astronimical amount of cardio, most likely more then you'll be intending to do and my strength is still progressively increasing. Size is a different story, but my lifts are not only NOT being hindered, but like I mentioned, Im' still gaining in strength.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/91248-volcom-s-fat.html