Getting bad headaches from lifting

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I have been doing the 20 rep squat workout the past 3 weeks. I got pretty sick last week, and then the last two workouts I have done I have gotten absolutely terrible headaches.
This is really bothering me, as I love to lift it is my life, and this makes it unenjoyable. I dont believe I am taking any supps that will cause this, the only thing I can think of that maybe would be is diarginine malate. However I took it before these last two workouts with no negative side effect, just good pumps. The only supplement I have added in since the last two workouts is bulk super cissus, which I highly doubt is giving me splitting headaches.
Does anyone have any solutions, idea's, or suggestions?

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Check your blood pressure. It's the only thing I can think of right now. I used to get terrible headaches when my blood pressure was high, I couldn't even finish workouts because of that.

W

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
yeah, check BP and make sure you are breathing. prob just not breathing enough with the 20 rep squats

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Check your blood pressure, and drink extra water. if you've suddenly added or or taken away caffeine or other stims, it could be that too.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Check your blood pressure, and drink extra water. if you've suddenly added or or taken away caffeine or other stims, it could be that too.
Same thoughts...whats your BP and how much caffeine do you consume before a workout or throughout the day?
I cant take any caffeine pre workout because i get nauseas and a headache

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
bigkrabbe ive had the samething happening to me, its a horrible pain in the back of my head wheres yours? it started while i was lifting, i thought it was maybe the environment in golds gym but you guys are right breathing more helped reduce it but didnt take it away, i normally have a cup of coffee in the morning could that be messing me up? i dont take supps just cm and aakg

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
1. Sinus infections
2. Stuff you are taking
3. Breathing incorrectly
4. Your brain is growing more muscle :p

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
i caught the flu on day 3 of PCT. Who the hell catches the flu in 70 degree weather

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
bigkrabbe ive had the samething happening to me, its a horrible pain in the back of my head wheres yours? it started while i was lifting, i thought it was maybe the environment in golds gym but you guys are right breathing more helped reduce it but didnt take it away, i normally have a cup of coffee in the morning could that be messing me up? i dont take supps just cm and aakg

This is exactly where my headache is! It has been beginning on around the last 5-6 reps of squats. Lol it actually just finally went away about an hour ago, so I'm pretty glad about that. I think my breathing is ok, it almost feels like a nerve/muscle in th back of my neck cramps, gets real tight and causes the headache but when I massage the back of my neck everything feels fine...? Anyways thanks for the help guys.

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
i kinda get light headed with small headaches during it makes me wanna crawl in my bed and stop my workout...Try lots and lots of water, and do a lot of pre warmups like jump roping to get ur blood flowing..idk thats just something that might help ya

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
I actually got it one time riding the bike, its happened like 4 days in a row now :( one time with squats, once incline benching, and once during sex today is my first rest day since (sex was in the morning today)

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
i really dont wanna take a long ass break... :whiner:

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM!!!! Guys, most gyms have those big rollers to roll out your muscles on. Lay it on the ground, and roll out your traps from top to bottom on both sides several times. My mom is a medical massage therapist/personal trainer and says that these headaches are from the insertion of the trap at the head, and it can cause very bad headaches. The best thing to do is either have someone rub your traps/neck out, or do the rollers before working out.