- 04-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Just curious whether any of you out there are into road cycling. I am thinking about picking up a nice used road cycle and riding some this summer.
My question is, how much cycling can I do and not turn into a skinny SOB. I know nutrition and my training will be a huge part of that, but are there any of you out there carrying a lot of muscle and still cycling.
Right now I am 6'2" and 220ish and 9-10% b/f. If I can maintain 210 through the warmer months then I am fine with that as that drop would just be body fat anyways.
Any ideas on a reasonable amount of hours/miles that won't destroy strength/ bodybuilding training? My goal right now is 230 at 8% b/f, so I need to gain 13 pounds muscle and lose 2 pounds fat. ummmmmmm
- 04-23-2008, 11:38 AM
04-23-2008, 12:07 PM
04-23-2008, 03:32 PM
hey I am 6'3" 205. During the summer I usually ride upwards of 30-40 miles a week, and I have no problem maintaining size. Its good cardio and will help cut your legs up, but if you lift, eat, and hydrate accordingly you wont get small. The guys who do pro stuff ride 100+ a week. Recreational rides wont make you look like them.
04-23-2008, 04:20 PM
04-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Well, time to find a descent used bike and have some fun.
04-23-2008, 08:57 PM
04-24-2008, 04:31 PM
I spent a summer commuting on my road bike, about 14 miles a day, sometimes double that. I lost a good bit of fat, but not any muscle. I was still gaining, too. Just eat enough.
(BTW, beta-alanine is AMAZING for cycling.)
The Truth is, there is no Truth.
04-25-2008, 01:01 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By War Machine in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 09-24-2010, 08:17 AM
- By RobbyG66 in forum Workout LogsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-09-2010, 08:54 PM
- By BigJack87 in forum Workout LogsReplies: 27Last Post: 03-19-2009, 09:53 PM
- By Mau5489 in forum Workout LogsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-03-2009, 10:58 AM
- By SoMdHunter in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 260Last Post: 03-20-2008, 09:32 AM