RB Air Racing

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I'm not really a fan of mechanical racing sports but I have seen a couple of these events on ESPN and have to come to really respect the guys that compete in this.

I personally see no interest/draw to nascar (sorry fellas who do enjoy this) due to the repetitiveness and skill involved (yes I know there is skill to handle cars at those speeds, but I drive a car so again no real draw.)

However this Air Racing stuff has really caught my eye. The scenery/event locations are quite impressive (Rio, England, so on) and the amount of skill it takes to execute the moves is utterly impressive. Furthermore the mental clarity it takes to follow the gate rules and know the limits of the body as far as g-forces is incredible. Although I am not really a fan of the sport I do personally find that this blows Nascar out of the water on so many different levels (except for the one that matters in the form of a very large audience.) I also feel that my draw may be from a desire to become an air force pilot, but I don't really know.

Heres a couple videos of it and enjoy (warning second video contains nostalgic 80s music.)

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Great fun to watch. NASCAR is boring but i do love the sound of those cars. Until a few weeks ago i had no idea how much those guys got paid, some insane money going around in that sport.