• No

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I am finishing my undergrad this week, and my schools graduation ceremony is the first or second week of May. I am trying to figure out if I actually want to go and sit through the ceremony and participate or just not even bother going. If you guys have any words of wisdom let me know. Thanks

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Walking is overrated. Get your sheet of paper and get out while you can!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I am finishing my undergrad this week, and my schools graduation ceremony is the first or second week of May. I am trying to figure out if I actually want to go and sit through the ceremony and participate or just not even bother going. If you guys have any words of wisdom let me know. Thanks
Depoends if what you have to do that day... i say if it's abs and calves lol you aught to go...... If its a leg day...fvck it :lol:

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What a strange coincidence! My graduation is tomorrow night. All my boys are going so I thought I'd just pay up and go to the bloody thing. None of us are looking forward to it, but you've only got to do it once :)

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
What a strange coincidence! My graduation is tomorrow night. All my boys are going so I thought I'd just pay up and go to the bloody thing. None of us are looking forward to it, but you've only got to do it once :)
I agree with this line of reasoning. Graduation is not only for you. Ask your friends and family if they want to go.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I agree with this line of reasoning. Graduation is not only for you. Ask your friends and family if they want to go.
I don't really have friends at the university, and as for family its just mom and pop's and pop's would rather sit home and get sh1tfaced. I figured since its the same day as mothers day I would just let my mom decide but she wont give me an answer either way.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I didnt walk... my adviser told me that I would regret it!

Nah... over-rated... i like my family more than forcing them to sit through 3 hours of speeches from god-knows-who just to see me walk across a stage for 14 seconds. my mom wanted a pic of me in a gown, so i borrowed my buddies when he graduated and took a pic...

I just had a graduation party a week later.. more fun.. no speeches

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
its the most BORING ass thing you can do! not sure what the point is, to wait 2 hours to have some person call your name and receive a FAKE piece of paper from them. Plus, you have to buy the cap and gown and then they mail you the real diploma anyway! I sat through this for my undergrad. Didn't attend for my masters. I think its a waste of time.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Man, I'm glad I went.
Grandparents flew down. Went out after to the best steak I've ever had. One of the last times I saw my Grandpa before he passed last year.
Sure the ceremony was mostly boring. When they call your name, and it hits you, its a great feeling.
You feel like you bench pressed the world!

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well I went to mine last night. I went straight from work and struggled to get around the city in so much traffic because of all the road works and new buildings going up. So my idea of eating before I went in did not go plan. I ate at 11am, left work at 1:30pm, arrived at the joint around 3:15pm and had to line up to pick up the ragalia etc. Was seated at 4:30pm and didn't walk out till after 7pm! Family was away so I was on my lonesome. Finally got some food around 8pm. I will never go 9 hours without eating again! :whiner:

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I don't really have friends at the university, and as for family its just mom and pop's and pop's would rather sit home and get sh1tfaced. I figured since its the same day as mothers day I would just let my mom decide but she wont give me an answer either way.
Just go man, if your dad's an arse like that (like mine) and you're mom's too passive to make up her own damn mind, go for yourself,
If you've ever played a videogame in your life, you've done less worthwhile things with your time, and I think you stand more of a chance regretting not making this memory than you would regret spending half a day to congratulate yourself.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I am not even sure to tell you the truth. I just got a letter about it today saying it should take like 2:30 hours.

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
i would go. it might not be a big deal now but later on down the road you might wish you did. its only a couple of hours plus you get a nice picture you might want to have later on down the road. all i did was sit there and tried to pick out all the milfs in the crowd anyways.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
i would go. it might not be a big deal now but later on down the road you might wish you did. its only a couple of hours plus you get a nice picture you might want to have later on down the road. all i did was sit there and tried to pick out all the milfs in the crowd anyways.
A little cougar hunting eh'

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
to me, I walked for both under grad and grad b/c the family wanted me to. it really does depend upon what you and your family want