Saw LOTR The Two Towers last night....

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
...and it was 3 hours of total bliss. The most amazing movies ever done by far in my book. I loved it and suggest that anyone go see it if your interested in that sort of thing. Tolkein was simply genius!

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
And to think...I actually read the books ;)  Now they are making the movies...

Chemo

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
All i can say is geeks.... ;)  hehehe. Talk to ya.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chemo
And to think...I actually read the books ;)  Now they are making the movies...

Chemo
Read em' twice! ;)

snakeman458

Awards
i have read the books and i am taking my son to see the movie.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I absolutely loved it, these are classic moves, and should be considering the books. What an epic, everything about it was great, it's easier for me to say that than list what was good about it :)

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
might be the only one here but i couldnt even finish the first one. Rented it and after bout an hour....eject button was pushed and a trip back to the rental place. People mention that its a movie to be fully appreciated in the theatres (possible) but i give it a ...thumbs down for the first one....second one?? we will just have to see. (great ratings though)

LethalGunz34

Awards
Is it necessary to see the first part in order to understand the Twin Towers?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by LethalGunz34

You're right, I don't know you...but I heard that Test was INSIDE you:D

Yes sir, he is now known as Big Hole :D

deaconbill

Awards
Looking forward to seeing it this weekend.  First one was a blast; have seen it three times (son has the video).  Want to see the Twin Towers and the theater though.  Heard it was great.  For those that don't like it, I'm sorry but they tried to get Meg Ryan to play in it.  LOL

BigBenn

Awards
Don't make the mistake of sitting too close. I was in the front seat and damn did it suck.
Looking forward to seeing it this weekend.  First one was a blast; have seen it three times (son has the video).  Want to see the Twin Towers and the theater though.  Heard it was great.  For those that don't like it, I'm sorry but they tried to get Meg Ryan to play in it.  LOL

LethalGunz34

Awards
Don't make the mistake of sitting too close. I was in the front seat and damn did it suck.

Yeah, I never sit close to the screen. Usually somewhere in the middle row. My advice would be to arrive at least 45 mins. before the start or you'll be FORCED to sit in the front row.:)

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by LethalGunz34

Yeah, I never sit close to the screen. Usually somewhere in the middle row. My advice would be to arrive at least 45 mins. before the start or you'll be FORCED to sit in the front row.:)

True, I was about 20 minutes early and had to sit around the 8th row or so, that part I hated. The lines can't be terrible for too long though, can they ;)

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
i saw it last night. i got the bottom left corner near the fire exit. a slut with a boyfriend ran her hand up my leg when her bf went to get popcorn. what a bitch. i would hate her if i ever found out about that. the movie was too long to see in a theatre, i would suggest you all get a dvd player, surround sound, and a 69 inch screen then rent the dvd. peace

LethalGunz34

Awards
i saw it last night. i got the bottom left corner near the fire exit. a slut with a boyfriend ran her hand up my leg when her bf went to get popcorn. what a bitch. i would hate her if i ever found out about that. the movie was too long to see in a theatre, i would suggest you all get a dvd player, surround sound, and a 69 inch screen then rent the dvd. peace
So was it Big H or YJ who ran her hand against your leg?:D

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
happened to me last night with 4 of my boyz. saw gangs of ny and we had to split the group (one at the angle seats 2nd row, the others, very first row dead center) i personally got used to it but the dude in the first row telling me he woke up with a stiff ass neck. solid movie though....i mentioned above, i wasnt a big supporter of the first flick but dude...the previews i saw over the summer with the armies just standing and waiting to get their fight on....with music bangin'...might just have to go see it. (p.s. cameron diaz looked BRUTAL in gangsofNY)

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
i loved the books.. i read them when i was younger.. anyway for my this movie hands down was the best movie ive ever seen.. characters were prefect.. action was amazing.. gollum was the most amazing 3d generated character ever in a movie.. but i guess if you arent into fantasy stuff you probably wouldnt like it much due to its length.. but for me I just wanted more more more hehe anyway!

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Sanosuke
i loved the books.. i read them when i was younger.. anyway for my this movie hands down was the best movie ive ever seen.. characters were prefect.. action was amazing.. gollum was the most amazing 3d generated character ever in a movie.. but i guess if you arent into fantasy stuff you probably wouldnt like it much due to its length.. but for me I just wanted more more more hehe anyway!

Yeah I look forward to the box set one day that has all three movies in one! I will gladly watch 9 hours in a day to see the whole thing from begining to end! ;)

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
hell yeah:) thank god its only a year wait till return of the king.. unlike others like star wars thats freakin 3 years or whatever..

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Wasn't bad, certainly better than the first, but somewhat cumbersome and burdened by the magnitude of what it was trying to do... I know this is a Lord of the Rings thread, but see Gangs of New York. I always liked Daniel Day Lewis, but this he displays some of the best acting I have ever seen bar none. Intense, badass and crazy. He's so good, it actually takes away from the rest of the movie. Truly amazing.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
o/t

what are some good books similar to lord of the rings? i have exhasperated my JRR Tolkein resources, having read many of his books.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
to me this is the pinnacle of the storytelling medium that is movies from the story to the acting to the photography its pure eye and mind candy..words cant do it justice..hehe and to top it off u got a sneak preview of x-2 man im loving life these days im a total geek and proud

Big H

Banned
Awards
I saw it last night; wow. I would most def boff that chick who was aragon's elf GF.. Legalos is cool too.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
you know who that chick is right? well in case you didnt its liv tyler.. heh

khafra

Awards
I liked the first, but this one was far better.  3 1/2 hours without blinking--don't wear your contacts, wear your glasses to go see it.

And the X-2 and Terminator 3 previews were pretty good, too.