Best gyms / good gyms in NYC?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just moved to NYC about a year and a half ago.
Started off at Synergy in Astoria, which was pretty decent, but now I'm a member of NYSC which I am hating now. Switched to that gym because they are all over and because it's my gf's gym. It's overcrouded, bad equipment, small weight rooms and large cardio rooms. Seems like NYSC is geared towards women more.

Looking for some better gyms with easy access in the city. If anyone here can help, it'd be appreciated :cheers:

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
What's up, GP. I used to work out at Synergy when I worked at Kaufman Astoria Studios. It's pretty decent. Unfortunately, most of the gyms in the city are pretty spendy but there are a couple of Golds and Equinoxs and others. You were probably better off in Synergy (that's the one on 38th Street, right?). I don't think I really answered your question but I feel your pain. I just recently found a great gym in the Bx, near my house but that's out of the question for you.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why would anyone want to live in NYC?. Way to expensive to live and not worth it. How much are studio apartments there per month?. $5000?.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What's up, GP. I used to work out at Synergy when I worked at Kaufman Astoria Studios. It's pretty decent. Unfortunately, most of the gyms in the city are pretty spendy but there are a couple of Golds and Equinoxs and others. You were probably better off in Synergy (that's the one on 38th Street, right?). I don't think I really answered your question but I feel your pain. I just recently found a great gym in the Bx, near my house but that's out of the question for you.
Hey what's up. It is the same Synergy on 38th street. Trained there for a while and am friends with one of the personal trainers (Lambros). It's far from me now since I'm living in Brooklyn.

Maybe I'll look into Gold's, or keep my membership at nysc for my cardio sesssions, and then look for a cheaper private gym somewhere. Equinox is crazy expensive, but if that keeps the people away from the weight room, might be worth it lol.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
If you have to ask, no one would ever be able to explain it to you.
well put man. I'm hoping to move into NY after college/chiro school depending if I go for that. NYC is incredible (however I do love me the suburbs as well.)