Best gyms / good gyms in NYC? - AnabolicMinds.com

Best gyms / good gyms in NYC?

1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Best gyms / good gyms in NYC?

I just moved to NYC about a year and a half ago.
    Started off at Synergy in Astoria, which was pretty decent, but now I'm a member of NYSC which I am hating now. Switched to that gym because they are all over and because it's my gf's gym. It's overcrouded, bad equipment, small weight rooms and large cardio rooms. Seems like NYSC is geared towards women more.

Looking for some better gyms with easy access in the city. If anyone here can help, it'd be appreciated

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

What's up, GP. I used to work out at Synergy when I worked at Kaufman Astoria Studios. It's pretty decent. Unfortunately, most of the gyms in the city are pretty spendy but there are a couple of Golds and Equinoxs and others. You were probably better off in Synergy (that's the one on 38th Street, right?). I don't think I really answered your question but I feel your pain. I just recently found a great gym in the Bx, near my house but that's out of the question for you.
  3. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Why would anyone want to live in NYC?. Way to expensive to live and not worth it. How much are studio apartments there per month?. $5000?.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Why would anyone want to live in NYC?.
    If you have to ask, no one would ever be able to explain it to you.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    What's up, GP. I used to work out at Synergy when I worked at Kaufman Astoria Studios. It's pretty decent. Unfortunately, most of the gyms in the city are pretty spendy but there are a couple of Golds and Equinoxs and others. You were probably better off in Synergy (that's the one on 38th Street, right?). I don't think I really answered your question but I feel your pain. I just recently found a great gym in the Bx, near my house but that's out of the question for you.
    Hey what's up. It is the same Synergy on 38th street. Trained there for a while and am friends with one of the personal trainers (Lambros). It's far from me now since I'm living in Brooklyn.

Maybe I'll look into Gold's, or keep my membership at nysc for my cardio sesssions, and then look for a cheaper private gym somewhere. Equinox is crazy expensive, but if that keeps the people away from the weight room, might be worth it lol.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    If you have to ask, no one would ever be able to explain it to you.
    well put man. I'm hoping to move into NY after college/chiro school depending if I go for that. NYC is incredible (however I do love me the suburbs as well.)

Similar Forum Threads

1. Fitness 19 gyms
    By D3vildog in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 07:40 PM
  2. Home Gyms
    By mrchristian in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 01:16 PM
  3. Any Good Gyms Near Oakland, CA?
    By bg5757 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5