The looks

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
This might seem weird, hell, some might even like that, but I don't.

When I was younger, (bout 15-16) people used to look at me like I was a really nice kid, encouraging me in my training, and helping me out etc. Now I have seen over the years a transition in others people's reactions towards me. (Not me in particular, read on)

I now weight 210, train very hard, follow my strict diet, and don't even take my girlfriend out for dinner because I can't cheat at all until November. (and I really hate to have to do that beleive me) Now people on the street, at school, look at me differently, like I was from another planet... Some talk to me just because I'm a built guy, some look at me thinking "Pffftt.. That guy is on steroids blah blah blah" Jealousy? Maybe... But it just get on my nerves sometimes.. Even my dad always encouraged me seems to be scared of the size I am taking, always asking me if I am doing drugs. GOD DAMN! I mean he only wants me not to have any problems, but why is this sport so dark?

Some guys wake up with a coffee and a cigarette, goes to work, doesn't have a lunch, goes to the restaurant, gets chicken wings, finishes his 3rd beer and his second pack of cigarette and goes to sleep. And he's the one complaining about Bonds using anabolics. WTF!!!!!!!!

This has just gotten me a little mad. Everyone wants to look like that guy on the first page, but whenever someone succeeds, he gets looks like he shouldn't have done it in the first place. I guess it's part of being older now. I am very proud of my accomplishments, and I am sure everyone of you here are proud of their progress. I just want to say: You want to be big? GET BIG! Period. Do whatever pleases you, no matter what peple say. It is our lifestyle. and thumbs up to all the built ones out there!!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Sir, you just said it all. I'm no where close to where you are in physique, just judging by the daily reactions your receive. But it is a goal. Thank you for putting that in to words. Our healthy lifestyle is looked at as a dark shady business whereas the coffee/cigarette/wings guy is not.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
This might seem weird, hell, some might even like that, but I don't.

When I was younger, (bout 15-16) people used to look at me like I was a really nice kid, encouraging me in my training, and helping me out etc. Now I have seen over the years a transition in others people's reactions towards me. (Not me in particular, read on)

I now weight 210, train very hard, follow my strict diet, and don't even take my girlfriend out for dinner because I can't cheat at all until November. (and I really hate to have to do that beleive me) Now people on the street, at school, look at me differently, like I was from another planet... Some talk to me just because I'm a built guy, some look at me thinking "Pffftt.. That guy is on steroids blah blah blah" Jealousy? Maybe... But it just get on my nerves sometimes.. Even my dad always encouraged me seems to be scared of the size I am taking, always asking me if I am doing drugs. GOD DAMN! I mean he only wants me not to have any problems, but why is this sport so dark?

Some guys wake up with a coffee and a cigarette, goes to work, doesn't have a lunch, goes to the restaurant, gets chicken wings, finishes his 3rd beer and his second pack of cigarette and goes to sleep. And he's the one complaining about Bonds using anabolics. WTF!!!!!!!!

This has just gotten me a little mad. Everyone wants to look like that guy on the first page, but whenever someone succeeds, he gets looks like he shouldn't have done it in the first place. I guess it's part of being older now. I am very proud of my accomplishments, and I am sure everyone of you here are proud of their progress. I just want to say: You want to be big? GET BIG! Period. Do whatever pleases you, no matter what peple say. It is our lifestyle. and thumbs up to all the built ones out there!!
Happens to me multiple times and on a daily basis its just something you have to overlook....

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
A lot/the majority of it has to do with the stigma of steroid use that the medical world and uneducated media world force feeds into the publics head. There will always be people who judge you for reasons out of your control (for many reasons.) Just have to be able to turn the other cheek and realize its about you and what you want.