Counter-strike

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I play counter-strike from time to time. I got started back when I was a freshman in college and played in my dorms. Fast forward to today and I am still playing it occassionally.

If anyone here plays let me know, there are a few servers I play on and we can 'play together'.

:clean:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
CS was the first game I was addicted to (back in the good days of won and such.) Even bought a server with some buddies and made a clan. I don't play source (even though I have it) because 1.6 is better imo.

I will still play every few weeks or so but not on a regular basis.

CS is and always will be the bomb.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
bump.

yeah i don't have source either. I got started playing 1.5 which was really grainy. Then 1.6 came out which looked much better and had those retarded shields for CT.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Shields were the only real blunder in the history of cs. I have source but I defiantly prefer 1.6 (only reason I play source ever is because my friends are n00bs and like it more. )

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I was hooked on 1.1, but as soon as 1.3 came out it was a totally different game for me and I quit, I was all of a sudden being killed by spray and pray noobs due to the bigger head hitbox.

Then I got into source later on, got my own 100tick server which was heaps popular. But using wireframe on demos from my server had me find out how cunning cheaters were becoming and I was turned off it again. I tried sticking mainly to private scrims and clan wars with well known clans but even one of my own clan members turned out to be a wallhacker, it was hard to tell most the time because they were just as good as the top (pro lan clan) players we would sometimes play with.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
bah, 5.2 beta. Back in my day the colt was silenced automatically and you could zoom with it. The scout was the beastiest rifle in the game; one shot kills, accurate + reticle w/o zoom. Bunny hopping.

Yeah, I used to be really fat...lol.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
well, i got this server i always play at. I have 1.6 that I run.

We can be e-weenies and start an AM clan.

I'm getting better at the AK.

I can't believe how damn complicated your video card had to be to run 1.6. 1.5 ran fine, but that 1.6 kept crashing on my old computer.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Is 1.6 free to download or would I have to go out and buy it?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
i think 1.6 you need a steam account to use.

I'll post the Ip when I get a chance.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Cool, haven't played in a little so I would be pumped to play. Yes you do need a steam account (but I am pretty sure you just download steam, and then can update to 1.6 if you have a previous version. You have to buy source though.)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
8.9.15.134:27015-[N4L]

That is some public clan server. At any rate, I usually play on this one the majority of the time.

My ID name is the same name as it is on here.

I'm up for playing on any servers. I just cannot access any VAC secure servers. The account I use and still am using is an old buddies account. He got banned for walling 4 years back and never bothered to play after that.

I found out you can still play but only on non-VAC secure ones. So that limits quite a bit of them.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
bah, 5.2 beta. Back in my day the colt was silenced automatically and you could zoom with it. The scout was the beastiest rifle in the game; one shot kills, accurate + reticle w/o zoom. Bunny hopping.

Yeah, I used to be really fat...lol.
you and me BOTH!! :rofl:

I started up beta 6.0 and have been addicted ever since. I also got a LOT of friends addicted on various versions and dates.

pm me if you play 1.6/source (I play the game for fun now) for my steam friend name to add so we can frag it up AM style!

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Haha I loved playing this game 5 years ago. Now it's all about CoD4 on 360 but damn it sucks in comparison to CS.