short sleeve tattoos and gaining inches

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Should I wait till I get near my potential before getting a tattoo on my arm? I am afraid it will stretch and I plan on gaining at least another 2 inches on my arms in the future.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
i would wait to get tats tile your satisfied with your size so your tats dont stretch

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I was told by a tattoo artist that ink only gets distorted when you lose weight, not gain it.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was told by a tattoo artist that ink only gets distorted when you lose weight, not gain it.
I have gained a ton of weight since my first few tats, and not a one of em has changed.

Adams

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
This was my biggest concern with getting a tattoo (just started a thread as well.) I am very confident I don't have to worry about it stretching from what people have said form personal experience.

sp33dkillz

sp33dkillz

Awards
I wouldn't be too worried about it. Just don't put one anywhere you think you may develop stretch marks.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
really?? hmm thats awsome..but i heard they do..so i have no personla experience
You can find some mammoth freaks on this board. Like Beelz... he fluctuated quite a bit while I have been here, and his all still looked superb.

Im sure others can chime in on their expieriences. I have em on my arms, accross my back, sternum, legs. They all still look great. Not as vibrant as before, but they are years old too.

Adams

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
LOL at that comic.

The shoulder is an area you get stretch marks if on a big cycle, even though I wouldn't be doing a cycle I am thinking I would get similar growth just over a much longer period of time, when I ask if it will become distorted I am talking in 10-20 years time.

tattoopierced1

i've put on 70lbs and all of my tattoos i had before still look great.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
well i was scared the one on my arm would have stretch. im thinking of getting more tats but i never wanted them to stretch..

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
im just skeptical because my stretch marks on my arms are getting close to my tat. So i want to wait thats all. if you were refering to me :)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im just skeptical because my stretch marks on my arms are getting close to my tat. So i want to wait thats all. if you were refering to me :)
I wasn't really directly referencing you at the moment.

As it was said earlier, if it is prone to stretch marks, some thought should be put into it. I get them very easy myself. If you use a good moisturizor (I use Java Lather in the shower, and my own mix of Shea/Cocoa butter afterwards) it should halt them in their tracks and even lighten them. Using Shea/Cocoa butter after a shower, and right before the gym works prefect for me. Havent gotten them in the places I treat since I started, even after some strong cycles, and a good amount of weight gained/lost.

Adams

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
I used cocoa butter and thats it. maybe it was the brand or what but i didnt even see a difference. I do get stretch marks very very easy.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used cocoa butter and thats it. maybe it was the brand or what but i didnt even see a difference. I do get stretch marks very very easy.
I have fought them since being 13, got them BAD on my flanks pretty much the minute I hit puberty.

This works pretty well http://www.cosmeticmall.com/product_detail.aspx?rcd=datafeed_googlebase&product_variation_id=370276 .... You could try RPN's flawless product, but it is a bit on the expensive side for 2oz's, but have heard it is a great product.

Adams

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
thanks and now i have to wait til i get paid on tuesday to find that stuff in the stores.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mine are fine.I have one on my right rib cage.Lats are a big muscle and they have gotten big.The tattoo still looks fine.It gets funky when I do a lat spread.......but what are you going to do?It looks great color wise and everything.It's a head and it just gets twisted like when i flex the lats.Stretch marks shouldn't be a problem either.Tattoos are actually pretty simple and most overthink things about them.One thing to remember is that the sun fades them.Thats why they become less vibrant for the most part.I can't stand guys with tattoos who tan.I work outside in Tx and get covered from head to toe while working because of my tattoos.I spent the money,went through the pain,I'll have them forever,so why have faded tattoos?I've put on 50lbs since first one,prob 40 since the rib cage.I wasn't eating right untill after that one.

liftitbig85

liftitbig85

Awards
  • Established
i have a piece on my left chest/shoulder and one on each arm in the back...i am just recently recovering from a car accident where i lost 40+ lbs and not a single one of my tats has distorted or anything....if anyone's looking for a great tat artist and on vacation in las vegas go to studio 21 and get austin (he doesn't work weekends though) he's been voted tattoo artist of the year 3 times in a row by the people!

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I can't stand guys with tattoos who tan.I work outside in Tx and get covered from head to toe while working because of my tattoos.I spent the money,went through the pain,I'll have them forever,so why have faded tattoos?I've put on 50lbs since first one,prob 40 since the rib cage.I wasn't eating right untill after that one.
Just get them touched up I guess, I would still try tan with a tattoo. Although I do tan quiet well I don't tan often(when the opportunity arises, I don't go out and do something just to get a tan.)

tattoopierced1

I tan about a month out of the year and it has not bothered any of my tattoos. I know if you go constantly it can fade them, but if you take good care of your skin and dont tan often, I dont see this being a huge problem. I hate being pastey white too.. if I just tan a month out of the year, usually the start of summer, I stay a good color for the rest of the remaining warm weather.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tan about a month out of the year and it has not bothered any of my tattoos. I know if you go constantly it can fade them, but if you take good care of your skin and dont tan often, I dont see this being a huge problem. I hate being pastey white too.. if I just tan a month out of the year, usually the start of summer, I stay a good color for the rest of the remaining warm weather.
I have no problems with tanning myself. I usually go shirt off in hot sun the whole summer. There is a little deoderant stick looking thing for babies, with SPF 50+, I have someone put that on at the start of the day, and it is made for babies, so it stays around most of the day.

Adams

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I get very little sun.When I do,I have high spf sunscreen on my tattoos thats water proof,not resistant.I also always have it on my arms and face to cut back on tan lines.Thats what I hate is tan lines.Thats why I wear a hat with bandana comming down the sides of my face and neck when i'm working.I know or see plenty of people who have tattoos that stay unnaturally nasty dark year round with tattoos.Thats more of who i'm refering to.You can get them touched up,but thats the last thing I want when I can't afford the ones I want.Plus,some say mine look fine and all,but it's a slow process.You wont notice it happen cause you see it every day.Take a pic a month or two after it heals and use that to compare later.I wish I did.My first got so much sun in the first two years...........